Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know, but whenever I read about a former NHL player dying young it always seems to be drug related.

Sadly.  I would say that’s probably the case for non-NHL healthy 20-40 year olds as well.

Edited by Curt

10 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Has Linus played yet?

No, he was outplayed by Swayman in camp and pre-season. 

Expectations are that Ullmark will make his Bruins debut against Buffalo this coming Friday 👀 

Risto is expected back in the lineup tomorrow vs Boston.

Edited by pi2000
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Update on some former Sabres...

Jake McCabe 3GP, 0G, 0A, -4, -1 TRPM
Sam Reinhart 2GP, 0G, 0A, +1, -1 TRPM
Rasmus Ristolainen (Injured)

My daddy used to say you can paint a turd gold but it's still a turd.

Edited by Indabuff
Sorry, had to continue the bowel movements

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

No, he was outplayed by Swayman in camp and pre-season. 

Expectations are that Ullmark will make his Bruins debut against Buffalo this coming Friday 👀 

Risto is expected back in the lineup tomorrow vs Boston.

Hope they light his ass up

12 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Update on some former Sabres...

Jake McCabe 3GP, 0G, 0A, -4, -1 TRPM
Sam Reinhart 2GP, 0G, 0A, +1, -1 TRPM
Rasmus Ristolainen (Injured)

Reinhart 2 helpers yesterday including setting up Lundell’s first goal 

Just the facts

When: Tonight, 7:30 PM

Where: Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA

How to follow: TNT, 98.5 The Sports Hub

Rival SBN site: Broad Street Hockey

Know your enemy

1-0-1, 3 points, T-5th in Metropolitan Division

Joel Farabee: 2G-2A-4PTS; Travis Konecny: 2G-1A-3PTS; Derrick Brassard: 1G-2A-3PTS

Carter Hart: 1-0-1, 2.43 GAA, .921 save percentage

Game notes

Back at it! I hope you enjoyed that nice break after such a long, grueling, single game to start the season.

The Flyers haven’t been much busier than the B’s, playing just two games: a shootout loss to the Vancouver Canucks and a 6-1 thumping of the Seattle Kraken.

Philly has been a goal-scoring machine on the young season, recording 4 goals in Game 1 and 6 in Game 2. They’re doing it without one of their better forwards as well, with Kevin Hayes on the shelf to begin the season.

Of course, the Bruins are a better team than both the Canucks and the not-looking-like-the-Vegas-Golden-Knights Kraken, so this will be a good test for the Flyers. I guess you could argue that every game is a good test for every team this early in the season, so...yeah.

For the Bruins, they’ll be looking to pick up where they left off Saturday night. There were no injuries, so the forwards and the defense corps should remain the same.

Bruce Cassidy confirmed on Tuesday that Jeremy Swayman will start again tonight, with Linus Ullmark starting against Buffalo on Friday.

Philly’s game against Seattle featured a whole bunch of rough stuff, including 52 penalty minutes combined just between the Flyers’ Nate Thompson and Seattle’s Nathan Bastian. The Bruins’ win over Dallas was a relatively tame affair; if the Flyers try to play rough-and-tumble hockey, it’ll be interesting to see how this revamped Bruins team does.

One of the more surprising moves of the off-season came when the Flyers decided Rasmus Ristolainen was worth dealing a first-round pick; the Finnish defenseman hasn’t played in the regular season due to a minor injury, but is expected to be available tonight.

See ya tonight!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Skating with the rookie Lundell at C to provide support for the blue chipper

Lundell is looking good and getting high praise for his play in Florida.  He was advertised as being good defensively back at the draft but looks like his offense has come around now too.

Just now, Digger said:

Lundell is looking good and getting high praise for his play in Florida.  He was advertised as being good defensively back at the draft but looks like his offense has come around now too.

Could you imagine if he was out there this year with the rest of this young team and our C spine skating currently was Cozens, Mittelstadt, and Lundell?  Not sure we'd even need a "target" in next year's draft.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This should not have been a big hit but I guess Lauzon caught Hughes at the right angle and because Hughes is still pretty light.  He definitely had the wind knocked out of him and they are saying a shoulder injury.  Devils not reporting what the extent of the injury is yet.

1 hour ago, Digger said:

This should not have been a big hit but I guess Lauzon caught Hughes at the right angle and because Hughes is still pretty light.  He definitely had the wind knocked out of him and they are saying a shoulder injury.  Devils not reporting what the extent of the injury is yet.

that was not a big hit..... Hughes needs to learn to work along the boards better

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

Could you imagine if he was out there this year with the rest of this young team and our C spine skating currently was Cozens, Mittelstadt, and Lundell?  Not sure we'd even need a "target" in next year's draft.

Something something bpa.