Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

Hilarious how the media works and how quickly things can change. 

Last night I watched two analysts pick the Rangers to make the playoffs, which is possible since the season just started. 

Today in the Athletic after one game, they jumped the gun and sped up a rebuild adding grit before the kids were ready. 

https://theathletic.com/2888493/2021/10/14/carpiniello-reactionary-roster-decisions-lack-of-accountability-are-the-starting-point-for-the-2021-22-rangers/

After the Linus comments in the GDT, I went to see what Bruins fans thought of him.   They think his lateral movement is to slow.

https://nesn.com/2021/10/bruce-cassidy-evaluates-linus-ullmarks-start-for-bruins-in-preseason-finale/

Hope he gets some more luck, but seems the coach not happy with his pre-season so far.

5 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Anyone grinding you at the bar….like this young lady?

Haha I wish.  Funny that you mention it, there was a very drunk guy at the other end of the bar loudly and obnoxiously defending Urb all night.  Great people watching sometimes.

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

And we get to see him on Saturday.

61CD36F0-BD02-4ACE-8F73-668268DAAB6E.png

They're in to win this tankathon.  Not gonna let us beat them this time.  I casually watched it.  It may be worse than the numbers show.  He was awful.  The Jackets were scoring at will from everywhere.

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

And we get to see him on Saturday.

61CD36F0-BD02-4ACE-8F73-668268DAAB6E.png

And he won't be seeing us

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wow!

I love everything about McAvoy except his jersey, but my gawd are d-men making coin right now.

You've seen the market. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So Ullmark is like the reverse-Lehner 

Still an Ullmark - Anderson tandem would have been nice.    Also he came of an injury from last season, Bruins fans complaining about his side to side movement.    They might be giving up on him to fast.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Still an Ullmark - Anderson tandem would have been nice.    Also he came of an injury from last season, Bruins fans complaining about his side to side movement.    They might be giving up on him to fast.

Boy doesn’t that sound familiar …

Talking about Mitts… a poster from 8/20 …

“Still think he's only worth a 4th round pick.  You find a GM that'll give you more, you jump on it.  He's garbage.  Watching him play against professional players in both the NHL and AHL has cemented my opinion.  He simply doesn't have what it takes to be a professional hockey player.”

😂