Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

14 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Toronto’s goaltending still sucks.

They sure are a mess...Marner has suddenly gone AWOL and Traveres is slowing down with age and my cousin's Stepson Michael Bunting is just about the best player for the Leafs and he makes about a tenth what the big 3 are making (Nylander isn't far behind either). I was hoping we'd sign Bunting even before I found out he was my couz's stepson. Defense is non-existant which doesn't help (their forwards included). 

16 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Bowman out? 

After that seth jones deal he should be but yes I think that is where this is headed. Actions meet consequences. The links to him knowing what was going on are pretty substantial. There was a coverup IMPO and it went all the way up. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

What is it about this that makes you think it’s smug?  I didn’t get that at all.

The parentheses. Everyone knows he was fired just say that instead of "stepped aside"

My comment is based on the insiders and the way they frame a narrative driving stories in whichever direction they choose.

50 minutes ago, Norcal said:

The parentheses. Everyone knows he was fired just say that instead of "stepped aside"

My comment is based on the insiders and the way they frame a narrative driving stories in whichever direction they choose.

I believe that he was directly quoting the wording that the team used.

If Friedman bluntly tweets out that “Bowman got fired” and offends someone, he looses a potential source.  Better for him to just say exactly what the team says, then no one can accuse him of spinning a narrative, except you I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

If Friedman bluntly tweets out that “Bowman got fired” and offends someone, he looses a potential source.  Better for him to just say exactly what the team says, then no one can accuse him of spinning a narrative, except you I guess.

Yeah, but that doesn't follow someone else's narrative.  Judge Judy Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Did the team also put stepped aside in quotes as well? If not, then Friedman didn’t really say exactly what the team said, imo. The quotation marks change the entire context of the team’s statement. Why the gratuitous quote marks from Friedman? Does he have such contempt for his readers that he doesn’t think we’re smart enough to read between the lines ourselves?