Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Just because he has no hockey IQ doesn't mean he's not tough.

I’m gonna miss that toughness in Risto. Some of my favorite games to attend were vs. the Caps just to watch him and Ovechkin go at at it while heading up ice, out of camera view. Also one of the reasons I respect Ovie so much as well. 

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m gonna miss that toughness in Risto. Some of my favorite games to attend were vs. the Caps just to watch him and Ovechkin go at at it while heading up ice, out of camera view. Also one of the reasons I respect Ovie so much as well. 

Hagg isn't as physical as Ristolainen, but there is still much Phlyer in him.  He'll still throw the body around, which is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hagg isn't as physical as Ristolainen, but there is still much Phlyer in him.  He'll still throw the body around, which is a good thing.

IMO Hagg is the guy Samuelsson should watch and try to learn from. 

Matty has the skill to take Haggs style game to the next level. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

https://www.nhl.com/video/dadonov-scores-goal/t-326162988/c-9299913

Anyone see this from two nights ago?  I have no idea what Dadonov is doing.  Did he decide he wanted the ENG after passing the puck?

That’s funny stuff.  It’s like Dadonov just kept skating without thinking about it and just kind of found himself in the net when the shot got taken.

Or maybe after passing he remembered that he has a contract bonus that kicks in if he gets 25 goals, lol.

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

That’s funny stuff.  It’s like Dadonov just kept skating without thinking about it and just kind of found himself in the net when the shot got taken.

Or maybe after passing he remembered that he has a contract bonus that kicks in if he gets 25 goals, lol.

Probably the latter. 

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

I’m liking Hagg a ton so please don’t take my praise of Risto as a knock on him. He’s a better hockey player and that’s what matters most. 

56 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

There are reasons why Hagg had a hard time getting in the lineup ahead of such defensive stalwarts as Shayne Ghostisbehere. Give it a month or two and we will see how Hagg holds up.

I heard Dan Girardi is still hanging around the big club in his role as player development coach. He'll keep Hagg coached up.