Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

Risto's careless pass to no one in the offensive zone ends up in the back if his team's net (courtesy of a Taylor Hall breakaway).  Some things never change.

I'll be honest, I liked Risto.  But watching him in a Philly uniform, he is really terrible.  Granted this is his first game of the season, but still....

Just now, The Ghost of NS said:

A corpse of Wayne Gretzky is still Wayne Gretzky. 

2nd greatest hockey player of all-time. 

Doesn't make him a good analyst.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Risto's careless pass to no one in the offensive zone ends up in the back if his team's net (courtesy of a Taylor Hall breakaway).  Some things never change.

I'll be honest, I liked Risto.  But watching him in a Philly uniform, he is really terrible.  Granted this is his first game of the season, but still....

Doesn't make him a good analyst.

When you have the amount of money he has, you don’t need to put forth any effort into being good at anything. He’s paid because of his name. 

“Hi, my. name. is. Wayne. I. shop. at Aldi. because Aldi. has. what. I. need.”

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

When you have the amount of money he has, you don’t need to put forth any effort into being good at anything. He’s paid because of his name. 

“Hi, my. name. is. Wayne. I. shop. at Aldi. because Aldi. has. what. I. need.”

He literally sounds like my mom's 90-year-old partner.  Except Frank isn't paid to talk, and he's less arrogant than Wayne.

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I really didn’t think I cared, but I honestly don’t care if Lehner ever wins another game,… ever.

In fact, I hope he doesn’t.

I didn’t realize how much hated him until watching this game. I mean, I’m openly pulling for ROR over him.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

His withered husk

I was talking to my wife about he old he looked....dude's only a year older than I am.  I hope I don't look that old!

Actually, there's nothing that makes a guy look older than wrinkles next to obviously dyed hair.  Dude, we know you're old by the wrinkles.  Gray is okay.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Celebrate Way To Go GIF by DraftKings

The Corpse of Wayne Gretzky is a terrible hockey analyst.  He's got a terrible dye job and he makes the most obvious remarks you can imagine.

Did ANYONE NOT see that coming?

The TNT broadcast is a mimeograph of the NBCSN broadcast.  Why they'd attempt to duplicate something that wasn't done particularly well is puzzling until you realize it IS TNT and hockey isn't the 1st sport they'll have screwed up coverage of, probably won't be the last one either.  Hiring Gretzky is about the TBS-iest thing little brother TNT has ever done.

48 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Did ANYONE NOT see that coming?

The TNT broadcast is a mimeograph of the NBCSN broadcast.  Why they'd attempt to duplicate something that wasn't done particularly well is puzzling until you realize it IS TNT and hockey isn't the 1st sport they'll have screwed up coverage of, probably won't be the last one either.  Hiring Gretzky is about the TBS-iest thing little brother TNT has ever done.

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

And we also know you used to be blonde Wayne. We know this. We all remember your golden locks sticking out of your Jofa ringette helmet.

I'd tune in to watch Charles Barkley do Wayne's job. That would be great TV.

^This! Barkley in that chair would be must see TV.