Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

19 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Now 3-1. Jack still looking skyward and eye rolling after a bad play.

DG talks about body language as a way for him to read his team. It is frustrating to watch Jack do that.

P.S. He’s not generational.

Agreed, and he never was. The only way anyone thought he was generational was before his draft SOME pundits told us he was. But ever since he started with the Sabres, he never showed signs of it. Very talented? Yes.  The ability to be NEAR the top of the league in scoring? Occasionally. But generational as a center/point producer? Never generational.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Agreed, and he never was. The only way anyone thought he was generational was before his draft SOME pundits told us he was. But ever since he started with the Sabres, he never showed signs of it. Very talented? Yes.  The ability to be NEAR the top of the league in scoring? Occasionally. But generational as a center/point producer? Never generational.

4th leading scorer from the 2015 draft.

35 minutes ago, French Collection said:

P.S. He’s not generational.

You wonder how much of this was in the scouting reports?  Would explain GMTMs very visible disappointment.

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

4th leading scorer from the 2015 draft.

No *****?

1 minute ago, Weave said:

You wonder how much of this was in the scouting reports?  Would explain GMTMs very visible disappointment.

Yeah, there are always intangibles that I know nothing about when scanning draft lists. The junior numbers may be off the charts but a guy drops, may be a character issue.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

6-3 WPG, 7 to go.

I only just noticed the Jets are wearing their WHA throwbacks.

Now 7-3. SHG.

7-3 final. Seven goals against on 23 shots.  That’s not good, right?  Should be interesting to see what they do at the goaltender position come trade deadline.  Jack was buzzing in the third, but no points.  I almost feel sorry for them….

who knows no GIF by The Sean Ward Show

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Man the Eichel trade sure changes if we are drafting 12-14th with that pick.

Their chances of making the playoffs drop precipitously after every game. They used to be over 60% and I think they’re below 50 now.

58 minutes ago, SDS said:

Their chances of making the playoffs drop precipitously after every game. They used to be over 60% and I think they’re below 50 now.

Barring an utter collapse by Nashville, LA or Minnesota, they are effectively in 2 races:

• with Edmonton for the 3rd seed in the Pacific
  • with Winnipeg and Dallas for 2nd wild card.

Edmonton is pacing for 96 points, Dallas 92 and Winnipeg 89.

Vegas is pacing for 90, so as of right now, they’d be out.

But they have a ton of games in hand with points already in the bank.

Its going to be tight, but they are losing ground and need to stop the slide now.

Edited by dudacek