Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

2 hours ago, kas23 said:

Is Mark Stone on LTIR for a legitimate reason? That’s contract looks like it’s going to be an anchor around their neck for sometime. Looks like Reilly Smith will be gone. Likely a couple more, depending on their contracts. 

Stone has a back issue, but I’m sure he will be back for game 1 of the playoffs.  He is worth his contract.  Great player.

I would agree about Smith.  We’ll see what they can do.

2 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

It’ll suck in four years, but he’s still playing at a 1C level.  Better than a point per game.  

Agree, except for the 1C part.  He is a wing.

• Thanks (+1) 1

By points per game percentage the VGKs are out of a playoff spot in the West. Edmonton beats Tampa and is tied with them with a game in hand and Dallas is a point behind VGKs with 3 games in hand. That draft pick is getting interesting. I’m sure 14-16 is much better than 28 or 29. They are at Columbus then Winnipeg then are home to Florida, the LA Kings then at Minnesota. It isn’t getting better for them soon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Olofsson, Eakin (lol), Miller perhaps 

Unless we are getting a ridiculous overpayment trading Olofsson is a dreadful idea. At some point the insane cycle of getting rid of any proven NHL player for MOAR DRAFT PICKS (which is what the Avs would almost surely be offering) needs to stop.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Unless we are getting a ridiculous overpayment trading Olofsson is a dreadful idea. At some point the insane cycle of getting rid of any proven NHL player for MOAR DRAFT PICKS (which is what the Avs would almost surely be offering) needs to stop.

Justin Barron. 

There's more than just draft capital 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

I agree with this. The uncertainty though is what is the intention with regards to the draft and prospect capital they are accumulating. 

Right shot d-men, we are told, are in high demand. We have two who are pending UFAs who are apparently sought by teams that have intentions of winning a Stanley Cup. Based on that, I think there is a reasonable argument we should extend Miller and Pysyk rather than trade them at the deadline for more picks. 

If, though, the intent is to use the acquired draft and prospect capital to go out and get better players (a goalie, a better right-shot D, a veteran middle 6 centre and a top 6 winger who brings things to the table that Olofsson does not), then I am fine with us trading NHL players like Olofsson at this year’s deadline.

The concern is that the intent is to just amass prospects and wait for the best to emerge. I don’t think that is the plan though. At some point an organization needs to use the data they have on their own prospects to identify which are the ones they will build around and which are the ones they will move to enhance their lineup. 

7 hours ago, jsb said:

By points per game percentage the VGKs are out of a playoff spot in the West. Edmonton beats Tampa and is tied with them with a game in hand and Dallas is a point behind VGKs with 3 games in hand. That draft pick is getting interesting. I’m sure 14-16 is much better than 28 or 29. They are at Columbus then Winnipeg then are home to Florida, the LA Kings then at Minnesota. It isn’t getting better for them soon.

It probably would made more sense to them to Kucherov’d Eichel until they made the playoffs instead of Mark Stone. 

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

I agree with this. The uncertainty though is what is the intention with regards to the draft and prospect capital they are accumulating. 

Right shot d-men, we are told, are in high demand. We have two who are pending UFAs who are apparently sought by teams that have intentions of winning a Stanley Cup. Based on that, I think there is a reasonable argument we should extend Miller and Pysyk rather than trade them at the deadline for more picks. 

If, though, the intent is to use the acquired draft and prospect capital to go out and get better players (a goalie, a better right-shot D, a veteran middle 6 centre and a top 6 winger who brings things to the table that Olofsson does not), then I am fine with us trading NHL players like Olofsson at this year’s deadline.

The concern is that the intent is to just amass prospects and wait for the best to emerge. I don’t think that is the plan though. At some point an organization needs to use the data they have on their own prospects to identify which are the ones they will build around and which are the ones they will move to enhance their lineup. 

I don't think a middle 6 center is in the cards. 

At this point Adams should know what Miller and Pysyk want in regards to salary. If he doesn't find that palatable he should trade them. Pysyk might come back after a trade, you never know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Okay fellas - Any of you ever wear a Sabres shirt or jersey to a game the Sabres are not in?  Attending a Bruins/Penguins game, in Boston for the marathon, next month.  Wondering if it’s worth doing I’m sure the stupid. 😬😂

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Okay fellas - Any of you ever wear a Sabres shirt or jersey to a game the Sabres are not in?  Attending a Bruins/Penguins game, in Boston for the marathon, next month.  Wondering if it’s worth doing I’m sure the stupid. 😬😂

office space no GIF

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, GoPre said:

Yea, went to a predators game and wore Sabres stuff even though they played the penguins. 

0 f**ks given

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, kas23 said:

It probably would made more sense to them to Kucherov’d Eichel until they made the playoffs instead of Mark Stone. 

They can't.  Stone is having problems recovering from his injury.  He's on LTIR for real for the moment.