Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Often neglected in this conversation as well is the play of those who went ahead of Quinn.

Lafreniere and Stutzle are hardly lighting it up. Sanderson is still in college. Nothing Holtz has done puts him above where Jack is, same with Byfield.

My point is not that Quinn is better or worse, it’s that this is a small portion of a dozen long careers. 

A few months from now maybe Lundell has 14 points in 41 NHL games and both Panther fans are pushing for him to get sent down. Maybe Holtz has pumped in 14 more NHL goals.

It’s a long game. Quinn’s our guy. So far, so good.

Underrated 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Often neglected in this conversation as well is the play of those who went ahead of Quinn.

Lafreniere and Stutzle are hardly lighting it up. Sanderson is still in college. Nothing Holtz has done puts him above where Jack is, same with Byfield.

My point is not that Quinn is better or worse, it’s that this is a small portion of a dozen long careers. 

A few months from now maybe Lundell has 14 points in 41 NHL games and both Panther fans are pushing for him to get sent down. Maybe Holtz has pumped in 14 more NHL goals.

It’s a long game. Quinn’s our guy. So far, so good.

Sanderson is killing tho.  16 points in 11 games, leads his team in scoring.

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres felt he was. 

Side note. Rossi has 10 points in 8 games but I'd expect him to start slow after a year off. 

Lundell has 7 in 11 nhl games

Perfetti has 6pts in 10 AHL games

Jarvis has 2pts in 6 NHL games

Quinn has 16pts in 11 AHL games

Outside of Lundell, Quinn could make a case for being 2nd best right now fairly easily. 

I need to add another name

Dawson Mercer, 10pts, 13 games NHL 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:06 AM, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres felt he was. 

Side note. Rossi has 10 points in 8 games but I'd expect him to start slow after a year off. 

Outside of Lundell, Quinn could make a case for being 2nd best right now fairly easily. 

Haven't  watched mercer i take it ? 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres felt he was. 

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I need to add another name

Dawson Mercer, 10pts, 13 games NHL 

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Haven't  watched mercer i take it ? 

Didn't finish the thread I take it? 😉

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Be interesting to see if this is just a flash, he finally feels comfortable with the hips, Samuelsson is the goalie security blanket, Dell brought bad ju ju for him, or if it's due to something else.

Hoping it's that the hips finally aren't bothering him.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Be interesting to see if this is just a flash, he finally feels comfortable with the hips, Samuelsson is the goalie security blanket, Dell brought bad ju ju for him, or if it's due to something else.

Hoping it's that the hips finally aren't bothering him.

I agree. It would be nice to watch him continue playing like this for longer than just the three games.

Credit to him and his coaches though because last week nobody expected this to be his next three games. 

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I am actually surprised to see some of the posters who are really really really down on UPL … not turn around recently and admit that he’s had a few good games. 

The stretch to start the year was hard to watch and easy to pounce on for those who were looking for a reason.

I still believe in the kid long term but I think he needs time. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I am actually surprised to see some of the posters who are really really really down on UPL … not turn around recently and admit that he’s had a few good games. 

I’ve been hard on him, but haven’t really changed my opinion on him. He absolutely had a great week, and earned the award. But I need to see more out of him consistently, and longer term. Happy to be wrong on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525a6fac49781e52df9

anyways like i said i have nothing against quinn i just feel you should take the center every time.

It seems like you have Quinn’s position against him.

22 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

My thoughts on UPL are that the chances are likely that he’s no longer an NHL prospect short of him being one of those weird cases who is only good at the next level but can’t perform in the AHL.

UPL will have that shield down up, we've gotta give him more time games!

Yes, it seems like he's been around for a long time (a long time), but K^6 is still only 22 years old. But more than age, he hasn't even played 60 professional games on North American sized ice yet. He did have the one season of 53 OHL games, but he's got to get the chance to work on his craft for a bit. We can debate whether it's ECHL or AHL, but he goalies need games and he's had two shortened seasons impeding his development. Barring injury, we should see the beginning of what he is by the end of this season when he gets close to about 100 pro games.

Compare that workload to Ullmark (127 AHL games + 26 in Buffalo before he stuck in the NHL); Miller (170 AHL gm, plus all NCAA games on NA ice); Biron (99 AHL + 9 NHL + 2 ECHL); even Hasek (a much older player than any of the others, got 53 IHL games and 53 NHL games before he took over for good in '93-'94). 

39 minutes ago, Hoss said:

My thoughts on UPL are that the chances are likely that he’s no longer an NHL prospect short of him being one of those weird cases who is only good at the next level but can’t perform in the AHL.

I think it's too early to say that.

Between injuries and Covid-19, he's a product of delayed development and his story has yet to be told IMO

• Like (+1) 2

People, UPL was great for his entire last season of 54 games as a junior prior to hip surgery.

Since then he played 23 mostly good games in the ECHL, 13 mostly good games in Finland, and 24 mostly bad games in Rochester through 2 years of COVID.

How about we let him play 50 in Rochester this year, and see where he is at at then before we make any judgements?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.