Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m fully on board with letting him stay in the A for as long as they deem necessary, but JJ is NHL ready to play at the next level, regardless. Easy to understand why the Sabres deliberated before making him the last cut out of camp. He is simply better than the jags currently on the team. 

It wouldn't be much of a surprise that towards the end of the season JJ and Krebs are brought up. However, it might make sense if Rochester is involved in a playoff run that the organization keeps at least two of the three aforementioned players with the AHL team for the playoffs.

It's certainly is a much more pleasant topic to discuss which players in the system are ready to move up the ranks than to discuss how barren our system is compared to other franchises. The tide is turning!  

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I’m a big Lundell guy too but it’s less specifically him than it is/was what he’d have meant to our weak C ice position. Krebs already makes things better, if they get another guy, it’s not really that sense of loss, anymore. 

It’s probably also mitigated for me by the fact that you like to see your Cs with good playmaking ability and Quinn seems to playmake pretty well from the W. 

They needed to keep the “Jack” quota up to snuff? 

I have nothing against him but center is the most important position imo and centers can move to wing if needed.

The draft pick just makes less sense now with how jack requested a trade last year

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I have nothing against him but center is the most important position imo and centers can move to wing if needed.

The draft pick just makes less sense now with how jack requested a trade last year

To the bolded, that is generally the case but not universally.

Larsson is a very effective checking line C but is not good on the wing.  Thompson seems to be trending towards being able to play C but lost at wing as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Right, but that would hold true for me if those guys were playing the proper roles - generally replacing a Hinostroza level talent is bottom 11/12 on a roster, currently we have players like Caggiula and Hinostroza in 7th and 8th for average ice time among F. 

Butcher is 4th overall for skaters on the team. 

Being better then those guys gets you top 6 minutes/top 4 minutes, which I wouldn't exactly call entry level

- - - 

Hinostoza has been with Cozens though so in that sense, if you slid in a ready prospect, it could work well. 

I guess I just mean I haven't really shifted my stance that I wish the roster still had a bit more of a strong veteran presence up top - but of course if the team hovers around .500 for a long time, my opinion will start to shift on that. The roster is still outperforming my expectations. 

This is pretty much what I want, though — 3rd-line minutes for the prospects, pushing the better JAGs to the 4th line where they belong and the lesser JAGs to the press box.

And remember, we haven't seen Jokiharju or Mittelstadt and lately VO.

Krebs ain't got the finish of his linemates.

At least the 3rd time I've seen him set up in slot for a golden opportunity and he's failed to bury it.

He gets to the right spots and Quinn's done a good job finding him.

And goal! Mersch on the doorstep.

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Clearly an oversight on your part. Who can forget the beat down he received from Sabres legend Will Borgen. 

Exactly

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

If Quinn can get a goal,that would give each one on the line a goal and 3 points (assuming the assists). 

Quinn and Peterka each 1/1/2 right now. Krebs has 1 assist.

Really like how Krebs and Quinn are regularly killing penalties as a unit in addition to being on the 1st PP.

Edited by dudacek

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Counting tonight, Samuelsson now has 5 points in a little less than 5 games.

+4, 12 shots on goal, physically dominant, calm and composed.

He's ready.

so the twist is that Dahlin is one of a team of a really good D men and not a stand-out

i'll take it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.