Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

What happened to Matej Pekar?  For a 4th round pick who had a decent season during his last year of juniors, he has done nothing at the AHL level.  Any thoughts from those who see the Amerks a lot?

Not good enough. For a pest he wasn’t pesty, and he showed almost no ability to produce offense what so ever. 

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Quinn…One of the best young players in the AHL during the regular season.   The one playoff game I attended he was a complete non-factor. What happened to him in the playoffs?

Injury?
Brick Wall?
Something else?

Great questions!. I wonder if Quinn and Peterka would benefit from another year in Rochester?

2 hours ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Great questions!. I wonder if Quinn and Peterka would benefit from another year in Rochester?

They probably would, but the question is how much?

They will get their shot in training camp next year with the Sabres. If they are good enough there should be no doubt they will show it and will make the Sabres.  If they flame out in camp though, that will be their own fault or a sign they are not ready. After this year in Roch, I expect them on the Sabres, but their performance in camp will decide that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It's amazing how the Pegula era failures have transformed fan base attitudes.

Any other era of Sabres fandom watching the type of seasons Quinn and Peterka had as Amerks would have been incessantly demanding call-ups since Christmas.

3 hours ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Peterka had a great playoff.  Playoffs for rookoies can be tough, certainly a learnign experience.  For instance, in Vanek's first year with Buffalo he was benched quite a bit in the playoffs by Ruff.

• Like (+1) 1

Peterka will skate a regular shift in Buffalo starting from day one of training camp next season. 

He has nothing left to prove in the AHL and he deserves some respect on his name. 

He is going to make Sabres fans happy happy happy.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

Peterka will skate a regular shift in Buffalo starting from day one of training camp next season. 

He has nothing left to prove in the AHL and he deserves some respect on his name. 

He is going to make Sabres fans happy happy happy.

I agree he deserves a shot in the show, but are third line minutes his best use organizationally? Good problem to have for the big club. 

• Like (+1) 1

With RJ leaving and Dan presumably sliding into the booth full-time, does that leave an opening for Suzie Cool moving up to the host/arena reporter role for the Sabres broadcast?

I've enjoyed her professionalism and genuine love for the role with the Amerks this year.

17 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I’m open to that. Who does he skate with?

If we are going with a younger player line, I think I would want either Asplund-Krebs-JJP or Asplund-Cozens-JJP. 
I think Asplund’s game is great for helping the kids be better in their own zone, as well as better transitions to help them get to the offensive side of the ice where I am more confident in their abilities.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

With RJ leaving and Dan presumably sliding into the booth full-time, does that leave an opening for Suzie Cool moving up to the host/arena reporter role for the Sabres broadcast?

I've enjoyed her professionalism and genuine love for the role with the Amerks this year.

This would be the next logical step. Have Her interview players in between periods and join the pre and post game show 

• Like (+1) 1

I see a lot of people are down on Quinn after the AHL playoffs.  However, I would be really surprised if Quinn returns to the Amerks next year.  I know he had a rough end of the year, but we're talking about a guy that was the AHL rookie of the year.  The guy can score and probably will be given the chance next year 

1 hour ago, Ctaeth said:

I see a lot of people are down on Quinn after the AHL playoffs.  However, I would be really surprised if Quinn returns to the Amerks next year.  I know he had a rough end of the year, but we're talking about a guy that was the AHL rookie of the year.  The guy can score and probably will be given the chance next year 

I don't think you have to worry about it.  He and JJP will be in Buffalo next fall.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

I like her personality.  Her voice doesn’t lend well to booming speakers in an arena. I think she’s a billion times more likable and more polished than Maddy Glab on the Bills side of things. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure whether this bit from the Karmanos presser fits better here or the prospects thread.

In the context of restocking Rochester because of prospects graduating, he said something to the effect of "demands on what happens with some ongoing talks we're having." He didn't elaborate.

Does he mean where they plan to play Kisakov? Are they still hoping for Johnson to sign? Is there something potentially brewing with Poltapov or Rosen? Maybe Cedarqvist or Konecny or kozak one of the 3 defencemen taken at the bottom of 2018? Is there a college UFA left worth signing?

It piqued my curiousity.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Not sure whether this bit from the Karmanos presser fits better here or the prospects thread.

In the context of restocking Rochester because of prospects graduating, he said something to the effect of "demands on what happens with some ongoing talks we're having." He didn't elaborate.

Does he mean where they plan to play Kisakov? Are they still hoping for Johnson to sign? Is there something potentially brewing with Poltapov or Rosen? Maybe Cedarqvist or Konecny or kozak one of the 3 defencemen taken at the bottom of 2018? Is there a college UFA left worth signing?

It piqued my curiousity.

Demands or depends?

Demands seems a strange word there, but it was the 1st word of the quotation.  Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to understand what Karmanos was hinting at.

🍺

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It piqued my curiousity.

Or did he mean talks about whether they should graduate JJ and Quinn. Talks about keeping R2.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Demands or depends?

Demands seems a strange word there, but it was the 1st word of the quotation.  Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to understand what Karmanos was hinting at.

🍺

Depends. That’s spellcheck, or more likely my brain fart.

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Or did he mean talks about whether they should graduate JJ and Quinn. Talks about keeping R2.

Possible, but I don’t think so.

The context was a question about how to backfill behind the players who are graduating.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.