Face it, the plan for next year is another tank

dudacek

10 hours ago, WildCard said:

I don't know how to describe it, but Cozens just seems different to me.

Better example, Josh Allen. Allen will do anything for his team to win (Eichel will too). But when Allen faces adversity he just seems to handle it a lot better than Jack does.

I am really excited to watch Josh Allen grow into the best QB he can be, but so far, when all the marbles are on the ground when the games count the most (playoffs) he has made  horrible decisions, he handles pressure in the playoffs horribly at this point in his career, our offense totally disappeared last season in the playoffs, if it wasn't for Philip Rivers underthrowing a wide open tight end we would have been bounced in the first round, if not for a interception return for a TD we lose to the Ravens, and we all saw the Chiefs game. The only difference between Allen and Eichel in the adversity department so far is, Allen has played in meaningful games and fallen short, Eichel hasn't even sniffed an important game in his career in Buffalo.

9 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Would you sum up JBotts as BPA by some sort of ranking metrics? He didn't seem to have a certain player that he was after to me.

Jbott was best swede or ushl player available

37 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

I am really excited to watch Josh Allen grow into the best QB he can be, but so far, when all the marbles are on the ground when the games count the most (playoffs) he has made  horrible decisions, he handles pressure in the playoffs horribly at this point in his career, our offense totally disappeared last season in the playoffs, if it wasn't for Philip Rivers underthrowing a wide open tight end we would have been bounced in the first round, if not for a interception return for a TD we lose to the Ravens, and we all saw the Chiefs game. The only difference between Allen and Eichel in the adversity department so far is, Allen has played in meaningful games and fallen short, Eichel hasn't even sniffed an important game in his career in Buffalo.

Allen I think led the league in 4th quarter game winning drives last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

If not for an offsides against the Chiefs Brady would not have won his final ring with the Patriots.

If not for a decision to pass at the one yard line he would not have won a ring against the Seahawks.

If not for one of the most unlikeliest catches in league history by Edelman on a bad pass being deflected he doesn’t beat the Falcons.

If not for the tuck rule he does not beat the Raiders to advance to the Super Bowl.

The if game does nothing for anyone because every playoff run comes down to a few incredibly unlikely single events.

Josh Allen is improving at every turn and made some damn good plays to put them not only in position to succeed but he won games when it mattered. Games matter before and during the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

This is ridiculous. There were *several* years during that stretch we were ranked at or near the top of the system strength lists. There's so much revisionist history going on right now

There where several years we where ranked there, we are ranked as an *A* draft year this year also, then reality sets in. I'm not saying they have drafted bad this year, but *experts* giving their predictions for 18 year old's is more fluff than substance to say the least. Who here believes Liger is any better/worse of an expert? Quite honestly I believe him to be more truthful and less BS-full than them.

We haven't had the front office and coaching staff to make those strengths on paper make a dent in the NHL.  If we did Jack and Sam wouldn't have been so surrounded by players that couldn't help this team win. Not only where the Sabres bad at drafting they where horrible at developing. It's why where are here now. There's no one person or thing about the tank that was bad, it was that they where bad at everything and one or two *generational players* wasn't going to change that.

Darcy knew how bad it was, how bad it could get. Welcome to hell.

Here are three things to consider with the current "tank":

• The management may have stripped top-end talent for futures, but unlike 13/15, the team will still be trying to win on the ice
  • Unlike 13/15, this team will have a smattering of players — Dahlin, Cozens, maybe Mitts and the key Eichel return — worth watching
  • Generally speaking, this team won't be any worse than what we've watched the past 4 years and could easily be better than last year
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, stenbaro said:

Allen carried the Bills on his back for the Colts game. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:16 PM, SabresVet said:

In their last 10 games they were 3-7 and averaged less than 3 goals per.  Expectations just need to be kept in check because it could get ugly next season. 

I wanted to post a feel good video, showing a win under Granato in regulation.  I looked through all the games, and I don't think there was a single regulation win under Granato that did not include a Reinhart goal (and he actually had a few multigoal games).  We can't whip that horse anymore.  What *will* the team look like?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I wanted to post a feel good video, showing a win under Granato in regulation.  I looked through all the games, and I don't think there was a single regulation win under Granato that did not include a Reinhart goal (and he actually had a few multigoal games).  We can't whip that horse anymore.  What *will* the team look like?

As we used to say in the Army..."embrace the suck."  

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm starting to think all the bad press and comments have pissed off the Pegulas and they've decided to say F it.  Torture us for a year even before selling it off. Not only tear the house down but take all the copper wiring and pipes when they leave. 

Or they're preparing to sell. Or am I just trying to be optimistic?

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Blatant tank 

Not kidding 

By embracing their tank too late they ended up with Dylan Strome in a draft that had McDavid, Eichel, & Marner.  Pretty sure they're reliving the '14-'15 season w/ a do over.

Fine.  Let 'em have it.

Really have no desire to relive '14-'15.  Hopefully the Sabres don't; but depending on where Ullmark and 2nd/3rd goalies on teams that have 1-2 too many today end up; Adams might be 99% embracing a full season March of the Penguins & Devils.  Flat out can't abide in it.

• Like (+1) 2

so now does anybody out there actually think or believe they are NOT tanking yet again? Mind you Arizona will give us a run for the money for sure but once we clear out Jack for a bag of hockey pucks and some stunning "prospects" we can rest assured we will finish dead last yet again. Well done KA... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.