Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The only thing I know for sure, is that I know nothing............which when I stop to think about it really confuses me.

Actually the shots are not a vaccination by definition, because they do not create an immune response to Covid.

mr narrins GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/20/2021 at 12:31 PM, steveoath said:

It'd be great if they would keep back to backs though. I thought that was kinda cool with the games last season.

If they want to minimise travel, and they should, they absolutely should do most of the season with the back-to-backs.  There is now the Delta Variant to avoid and teams are still hurting financially due to the pandemic.  And less travel would put less strain on the players.  Heck, they might begin to like it.

If they go all out, expect a lot 6 game Canadian road trips in the East and 8 game Canadian Road trips in the west.  I imagine they might have a lot of Minnesota-Winnipeg and Seattle-Vancouver pairings to begin jaunts through Western Canada.  Canadian teams probably do 6-8 game trips in the US to cut down on their travel.

I would expect a lot of 3 opponents for 6 games in 10 night home stands; ditto with road trips.  I personally would cut down the number of road trip to the other conference to 4 groups of 4 of 4 teams each.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Dreger says Hall and the Bruins are finalizing a four-year $24M deal. That’s only very far behind Servalli’s earlier report but passing along.

I hope every skate he uses is always a tad uncomfortable and every jersey he wears is never quite the right size.

Friedman's post-expansion draft 31 thoughts podcast. Not a lot here.

Notes if you don't feel like listening:

- There were no pre-expansion trades. Zero. (Wow, Seattle should be embarrassed - what a missed opportunity and some unexplainable picks)

- Friedman does not believe Giordano will be traded. He doesn't think that they would've brought him to Seattle. Giordano struggled emotionally with being picked.

- Tyler Pitlick has been traded but he doesn't know where yet. He said probably Calgary but Philly could be there, as well.

- Seattle has talked to the Rangers about Strome.

- Speculates Anthony Beauvillier is a situation to watch because there's questions about whether they can fit him under the cap (yes, please).

- Adam Larsson basically chose Seattle over Edmonton - the contract he got with the Kraken was essentially the same Edmonton was offering.

- Barkley Goodrow likely signs with the Rangers as soon as the freeze lifts.

- Hyman is very likely going to Edmonton and it's just a matter of whether Toronto does a sign-and-trade or not. He says it's going to be about $40M regardless of whether it's 7 or 8 years which makes zero sense because that's a $700K difference per year.

- Seattle is interested in Seth Jones.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Friedman's post-expansion draft 31 thoughts podcast. Not a lot here.

Notes if you don't feel like listening:

- There were no pre-expansion trades. Zero. (Wow, Seattle should be embarrassed - what a missed opportunity and some unexplainable picks)

- Friedman does not believe Giordano will be traded. He doesn't think that they would've brought him to Seattle. Giordano struggled emotionally with being picked.

- Tyler Pitlick has been traded but he doesn't know where yet. He said probably Calgary but Philly could be there, as well.

- Seattle has talked to the Rangers about Strome.

- Speculates Anthony Beauvillier is a situation to watch because there's questions about whether they can fit him under the cap (yes, please).

- Adam Larsson basically chose Seattle over Edmonton - the contract he got with the Kraken was essentially the same Edmonton was offering.

- Barkley Goodrow likely signs with the Rangers as soon as the freeze lifts.

- Hyman is very likely going to Edmonton and it's just a matter of whether Toronto does a sign-and-trade or not. He says it's going to be about $40M regardless of whether it's 7 or 8 years which makes zero sense because that's a $700K difference per year.

- Seattle is interested in Seth Jones.

A Jason Botterill team without enough centers? Huh. 

Only Seattle would want MORE defenders. 

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Foot in the door for getting a handful of CHL eligibles into the AHL or 1 time only thing?

My money says 1 time only.

More than likely; though it makes sense. Jack Quinn shouldn't have to go back to the OHL after playing in the AHL for a season

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

More than likely; though it makes sense. Jack Quinn shouldn't have to go back to the OHL after playing in the AHL for a season

Jack Quinn will not go back regardless. He'll be 20 before the CHL cutoff. 

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Anybody know what his being done would do to Nashville's cap?

Around $56.1 million over the remaining years of his contract.

How's that sound?

Poop to follow below ...

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/07/the-salary-cap-implications-of-a-shea-weber-early-retirement.html

• Thanks (+1) 1