Terry Pegula wants Owen Power.

Buffalonill

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Reinhart is looking at cashing in next summer, or this summer if he's traded. He won't sign for more than a year with Buffalo. So he'll be traded.
- Vogl thinks Reinhart will go to Calgary, Vancouver, or Seattle. Calgary for Monahan might be a good trade for both teams, especially with Reinhart proven as a center.

- Adams will attempt to trade Ristolainen, but he's been on the block for three years with no takers, so it's not a given he goes. NJ is a possibility and has been for a while.
-Adams took so long with the head coaching search because he's a new GM, and wanted to talk to as many potential head coaches as he could to gather ideas and perspectives, as well as foster relationships.
- Expect Adams to add to the scouting staff this summer. He knows he's short.
- Don't expect a senior VP for hockey operations soon (Rutherford idea).
- Sabres scouting staff loves the Michigan kids, which is why they are working toward a 2nd high first round pick (Anaheim?).
- Terry Pegula loves Owen Power
- The Sabres may trade for a goaltender who can't be protected: Vanecek, Jake Allen, Khudobin (I take all the credit for the Vanecek idea. Vogl's article is from June 23rd, and I said that a long time ago. )
- Sabres are building around a new youth core (Dahlin, Cozens, Mittelstadt) and the plan is to build around them and add to them as a core.
- Granato knows his game plan needs to be around a young line-up.
- Don't expect a new captain right away

Nothing here unexpected. All makes sense. All goes with what we've thought or heard or was rumoured. 

Be fair to Terry. Nothing wrong with liking Owen Power. Many people think he's the best player in the draft, myself included. 

In the earlier statement it also says he likes the Michigan guys. Probably just means they showed him some game recordings to see Power play and he probably went who's that guy pointing at one of the others or that guy, that guy looks good. It don't mean a lot, just that he likes the Michigan guys. They probably really want another high pick to get Beniers, as many others here do too, but I doubt they'd take Johnson as a top 3. If they did it's stupid. More likely thinking about him with a pick from Vancouver or LA maybe . At 8 or 9 Johnson would be an okay choice I think. 

So consider this possibility.

1. Owen Power

Seattle takes Guenther or maybe Hughes

3. we take Beniers (trade with Anaheim involving Jack)

9. we take Johnson (trade with Vancouver involving Reinhart)

Now Johnson is ranked higher in some places but I wouldn't take him earlier than 8 or 9 myself. 

(and second round we get L'Heureux who I still insist is the absolute steal of this draft)

All of that happens and I'm pretty excited. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Reinhart is looking at cashing in next summer, or this summer if he's traded. He won't sign for more than a year with Buffalo. So he'll be traded.
- Vogl thinks Reinhart will go to Calgary, Vancouver, or Seattle. Calgary for Monahan might be a good trade for both teams, especially with Reinhart proven as a center.

- Adams will attempt to trade Ristolainen, but he's been on the block for three years with no takers, so it's not a given he goes. NJ is a possibility and has been for a while.
-Adams took so long with the head coaching search because he's a new GM, and wanted to talk to as many potential head coaches as he could to gather ideas and perspectives, as well as foster relationships.
- Sabres scouting staff loves the Michigan kids, which is why they are working toward a 2nd high first round pick (Anaheim?).
- The Sabres may trade for a goaltender who can't be protected: Vanecek, Jake Allen, Khudobin (I take all the credit for the Vanecek idea. Vogl's article is from June 23rd, and I said that a long time ago. )
- Sabres are building around a new youth core (Dahlin, Cozens, Mittelstadt) and the plan is to build around them and add to them as a core.

Monahan's production has been falling whereas Reinhart's has been ascending, am not 100% agreement that's a wise move for us. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

If cool names are all that you love, then that's what you'll receive. And Uncle Owen Unlimited Power is a cool name.

I'm on record as Beniers-preferred. However, as stated up-thread and in many other conjectures, if the Sabres were to land Eklund with something other than 1st overall, I'd be pretty stoked (with the draft, not necessarily the other elements of the trade) with either of Beniers or Power first. Please do not diagram that sentence.

One letter off.

So the Boca story was crap.

It's clear now that Terry is doubling down, and we're going to have to get lucky. The future could have belonged to the professionals, such as they are, and thechance of success would have been higher. Oh, well. I'm told every other owner behaves in the same way, so we're not at a handicap.

Right?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I wrote that on HF Boards!😂

2 minutes ago, Der Jaeger said:

I wrote that on HF Boards!😂

I saw that.  I knew that looked far too familiar.

As an aside, what if the Sabres drafted Eklund 1st and, say, Beniers 3rd?

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

One letter off.

So the Boca story was crap.

It's clear now that Terry is doubling down, and we're going to have to get lucky. The future could have belonged to the professionals, such as they are, and thechance of success would have been higher. Oh, well. I'm told every other owner behaves in the same way, so we're not at a handicap.

Right?

If Terry were the tyrant you claim, then the Bills would have Patrick Mahomes instead of Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

It's also worth noting that "TP is a fan of Owen Power" is a very different statement from "TP has instructed KA to draft Owen Power."

Is your animus toward me really so strong you'd box yourself into this corner? Are you seriously denying that when the leader of an organization/business/firm/whatever displays a preference in a critical decision, it doesn't represent a thumb on the scale? Do you not see how this lines up with always having inexperienced managers?

Stepping back, can we not agree that the owner has no business expressing such a preference? Why? WHY?

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I saw that.  I knew that looked far too familiar.

As an aside, what if the Sabres drafted Eklund 1st and, say, Beniers 3rd?

If Terry were the tyrant you claim, then the Bills would have Patrick Mahomes instead of Josh Allen.

The Bills have nothing to do with it.

Is anyone else intrigued that a few short weeks after Kevyn Adams telling the world that no one is going to know until the Sabres step up to the mike who the first pick is going to be, we get not one, but two juicy leaks?

On the same day no less?

That seem to conflict?

From what has been an extraordinarily tight ship?

Reported by Buffalo reporters not known to be insiders?

Could our rookie GM actually be playing the plant a rumour smokescreen game with the competition as he jockeys to reset his roster while holding the high card in a highly volatile draft and talking trade with a number of teams behind him?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is your animus toward me really so strong you'd box yourself into this corner? Are you seriously denying that when the leader of an organization/business/firm/whatever displays a preference in a critical decision, it doesn't represent a thumb on the scale? Do you not see how this lines up with always having inexperienced managers?

Stepping back, can we not agree that the owner has no business expressing such a preference? Why? WHY?

The Bills have nothing to do with it.

The owner paid many millions of dollars to buy the team. And he has paid millions of dollars to run the operation. And it shouldn't be forgotten that he has lost a lot of money in this endeavor. It is simply weird not to expect him to have opinions about players and prospects and express them. The gag order that you want the owner to abide by makes no sense at all. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is anyone else intrigued that a few short weeks after Kevyn Adams telling the world that no one is going to know until the Sabres step up to the mike who the first pick is going to be, we get not one, but two juicy leaks?

On the same day no less?

That seem to conflict?

From what has been an extraordinarily tight ship?

Reported by Buffalo reporters not known to be insiders?

Could our rookie GM actually be playing the plant a rumour smokescreen game with the competition as he jockeys to reset his roster while holding the high card in a highly volatile draft and talking trade with a number of teams behind him?

This conflicts with the primary narrative regarding Adams. We'll see. I'd be very happy to land Power and Eklund . . . 

And where exactly is that post that basically said DON'T BELIEVE anything you hear or read concerning the draft with less than a month to go?? That fisherman is catching a lot of fish in this thread. Plus who the heck is Timothy N.

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It is simply weird not to expect him to have opinions about players and prospects and express them.

I know it is summer and has been very warm,  but you are drinking way too much of Pegula flavored Kool-Aid.  So you are okay with Terry “meddling” in day to day hockey operations?

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.