Terry Pegula wants Owen Power.

Buffalonill

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If a hockey board isn't the place to make predictions then where is the right place for it. That's like saying swimming pools shouldn't be a place to swim. Being wrong about predictions is a more likely occurrence than being right for most participants. That's the nature of this untamed beast. 

It was just a joke about predictions and how we should not take them too seriously.  Whenever I get wound up about things, I have all sorts of aphorisms to try and keep my head oriented properly.  I was tempted to make a prediction and then that quote popped into my head.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

It was just a joke about predictions and how we should not take them too seriously.  Whenever I get wound up about things, I have all sorts of aphorisms to try and keep my head oriented properly.  I was tempted to make a prediction and then that quote popped into my head.

I didn't take it in a negative or personal way. It flowed from some previous responses. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You are right that we don't know what his actual health status is. However, what has been reported is that numerous teams have inquired. And it has been reported from a variety of sources that the Sabres are asking for a bonanza for him. 

I'm confident that as the draft approaches the rumors will start to swirl about an upcoming Jack trade. You'll then recognize that the ship isn't as tight as you think because there will be many leaks.  

Since Brandon & 1 other guy (Berchtold IIRC) got canned, the Bills have run a very tight ship.

Keeping things close to the vest seems to be something Adams is pretty good at as well.  We'll definitely hear rumors via other agents & teams but Adams doesn't gain much having the negotiations happening in public.  Leave the other GMs guessing about what the offer they have to beat actually is.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You are right that we don't know what his actual health status is. However, what has been reported is that numerous teams have inquired. And it has been reported from a variety of sources that the Sabres are asking for a bonanza for him. 

I'm confident that as the draft approaches the rumors will start to swirl about an upcoming Jack trade. You'll then recognize that the ship isn't as tight as you think because there will be many leaks.  

Since Brandon & 1 other guy (Berchtold IIRC) got canned, the Bills have run a very tight ship.

Keeping things close to the vest seems to be something Adams is pretty good at as well.  We'll definitely hear rumors via other agents & teams but Adams doesn't gain much having the negotiations happening in public.  Leave the other GMs guessing about what the offer they have to beat actually is.

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just gonna leave this here... 

It does seem to me like they are kinda piecing this one together a bit more now...I have cold feet on a Power pick 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It does seem to me like they are kinda piecing this one together a bit more now...I have cold feet on a Power pick 

This is where the Ventura hire should pay dividends.

• Like (+1) 4

On 7/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, Thorny said:

FYI: Brandt Clarke is a RHD.  As if I needed to muddy the waters any further.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Owen Power's Scouching report, Scouch does not have him #1 fyi. 

What are those scouch rankings against?  All college defenseman?

How does Power stack up against other true freshmen college d-men both past and present?   

I'm having a hard time thinking of another top D prospect who played NCAA in his draft year. 

@LGR4GM would you rather have Jake Sanderson or Owen Power?

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

What are those scouch rankings against?  All college defenseman?

How does Power stack up against other true freshmen college d-men both past and present?   

I'm having a hard time thinking of another top D prospect who played NCAA in his draft year. 

@LGR4GM would you rather have Jake Sanderson or Owen Power?

Scouch is comparing all draft eligible players across all leagues. 

True freshmen draft eligibles are few and far between. Quinn Hughes would be the other one that recently played. Power's production is slightly below Hughes DY NCAA production. 

I like both Sanderson and Power. Sanderson is about 4 months older than Power. 

There are not a lot of D or F who play NCAA hockey in their draft eligible year and it makes comparisons hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:59 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

After reading all the predictions here, I am reminded of a very old joke:

Prognostication is very difficult, especially when it is about the future.  Therefore, he who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass.

I didn’t see one prediction.  Just opinions on who people prefer.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.