Terry Pegula wants Owen Power.

Buffalonill

So if the Sabres pick the “consensus” top player in the draft at #1, is it meddling?

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

3OA would be the best asset coming back in a deal with Anaheim. Using that pick on Kent Johnson would be ROR Trade Level Bad. 

Johnson strikes me as Alex Nylander, a guy more in love with his skills than the games.

• Like (+1) 2

Meh … what is opined by a reporter… vs. what’s actually done… Could very well be two different things. And if you want to believe that Terry still holds all the cards and has all the power over who gets drafted… Then I guess this falls into you believing anything that a reporter will tell you.  And for all we know KA may completely agree with what Terry’s preference is. So in the end it’s not Terry’s decision at all… But KA is the one who will be drafting Power.

But… There’s also something to be said of history… And if history is any indication as to Terry having complete control and complete veto power over who gets drafted… Then I guess Terry’s preference gets picked. Even if KA completely disagrees.

Frankly I don’t give a crap who gets drafted… I just want the team and prospect pool to be better overall. I definitely don’t want Terry to be a part of it. And just because Terry has given his opinion to a reporter, doesn’t mean that KA is going to go against what he wants for the team. 
Speculation speculation…  whatever …

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Frankly I don’t give a crap who gets drafted… I just want the team and prospect pool to be better overall. I definitely don’t want Terry to be a part of it. And just because Terry has given his opinion to a reporter, doesn’t mean that KA is going to go against what he wants for the team. 
Speculation speculation…  whatever …

These are very contradictory sentiments 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He did an entire Q/A article on this, anything else from the article? I don't have the Athletic

Reinhart is looking at cashing in next summer, or this summer if he's traded. He won't sign for more than a year with Buffalo. So he'll be traded.
- Vogl thinks Reinhart will go to Calgary, Vancouver, or Seattle. Calgary for Monahan might be a good trade for both teams, especially with Reinhart proven as a center.

- Adams will attempt to trade Ristolainen, but he's been on the block for three years with no takers, so it's not a given he goes. NJ is a possibility and has been for a while.
-Adams took so long with the head coaching search because he's a new GM, and wanted to talk to as many potential head coaches as he could to gather ideas and perspectives, as well as foster relationships.
- Expect Adams to add to the scouting staff this summer. He knows he's short.
- Don't expect a senior VP for hockey operations soon (Rutherford idea).
- Sabres scouting staff loves the Michigan kids, which is why they are working toward a 2nd high first round pick (Anaheim?).
- Terry Pegula loves Owen Power
- The Sabres may trade for a goaltender who can't be protected: Vanecek, Jake Allen, Khudobin (I take all the credit for the Vanecek idea. Vogl's article is from June 23rd, and I said that a long time ago. )
- Sabres are building around a new youth core (Dahlin, Cozens, Mittelstadt) and the plan is to build around them and add to them as a core.
- Granato knows his game plan needs to be around a young line-up.
- Don't expect a new captain right away

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.