Terry Pegula wants Owen Power.

Buffalonill

26 minutes ago, jsb said:

And where exactly is that post that basically said DON'T BELIEVE anything you hear or read concerning the draft with less than a month to go?? That fisherman is catching a lot of fish in this thread. Plus who the heck is Timothy N.

A fan most likely 

And where exactly is that post that basically said DON'T BELIEVE anything you hear or read concerning the draft with less than a month to go?? That fisherman is catching a lot of fish in this thread. Plus who the heck is Timothy N.

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

43 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is anyone else intrigued that a few short weeks after Kevyn Adams telling the world that no one is going to know until the Sabres step up to the mike who the first pick is going to be, we get not one, but two juicy leaks?

On the same day no less?

That seem to conflict?

From what has been an extraordinarily tight ship?

Reported by Buffalo reporters not known to be insiders?

Could our rookie GM actually be playing the plant a rumour smokescreen game with the competition as he jockeys to reset his roster while holding the high card in a highly volatile draft and talking trade with a number of teams behind him?

Adams said anything coming out about who the Sabres like did not come from them, so this is possible 

30 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah they also had marco rossi high 

That worked out great 

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

Wasn’t the report that they had Rossi high BEFORE Adams took over?

Yes. 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Trading Reinhart for Monahan would be a bad move

Elias Lindholm was the other name mentioned. That would be a much better move

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I saw that.  I knew that looked far too familiar.

As an aside, what if the Sabres drafted Eklund 1st and, say, Beniers 3rd?

If Terry were the tyrant you claim, then the Bills would have Patrick Mahomes instead of Josh Allen.

I’d be ok with Beniers and Eklund.  Both are high end talents.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Is anyone else intrigued that a few short weeks after Kevyn Adams telling the world that no one is going to know until the Sabres step up to the mike who the first pick is going to be, we get not one, but two juicy leaks?

On the same day no less?

That seem to conflict?

From what has been an extraordinarily tight ship?

Reported by Buffalo reporters not known to be insiders?

Could our rookie GM actually be playing the plant a rumour smokescreen game with the competition as he jockeys to reset his roster while holding the high card in a highly volatile draft and talking trade with a number of teams behind him?

It’s lying season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I know it is summer and has been very warm,  but you are drinking way too much of Pegula flavored Kool-Aid.  So you are okay with Terry “meddling” in day to day hockey operations?

Why are you saying meddling in the day to day operations? Because reportedly he has opinions about players and prospects? The notion that he should be silent and not ask questions on million dollar plus decisions that he will pay for not only doesn't make sense but it is a weird notion to have. I just don't get it. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

A fan most likely 

Do you require medical attention? 😀

• Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

In the earlier statement it also says he likes the Michigan guys. Probably just means they showed him some game recordings to see Power play and he probably went who's that guy pointing at one of the others or that guy, that guy looks good. It don't mean a lot, just that he likes the Michigan guys. They probably really want another high pick to get Beniers, as many others here do too, but I doubt they'd take Johnson as a top 3. If they did it's stupid. More likely thinking about him with a pick from Vancouver or LA maybe . At 8 or 9 Johnson would be an okay choice I think. 

So, is he good on the “power play”?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why are you saying meddling in the day to day operations? Because reportedly he has opinions about players and prospects? The notion that he should be silent and not ask questions on million dollar plus decisions that he will pay for not only doesn't make sense but it is a weird notion to have. I just don't get it. 

Didn't you know that expressing an opinion regarding the first overall pick in the draft is day to day meddling? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

I get people are concerned about Pegula making hockey decisions, but this has gone too far.

The interpretation that he is stating who to draft is not without merit.  I've worked for bosses that spoke like that to express their direction.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but I am open to the possibility that it may be.

• Like (+1) 3

It is fascinating that we here that they love all the Michigan guys and then we here that they value Eklund over any other forward. From two different Buffalo reporters. Why did this happen and what does it mean? Is it some sort of smokescreen for some trade negotiations? We’re they angry the Michigan tidbit got out and are trying misdirection? 

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

The interpretation that he is stating who to draft is not without merit.  I've worked for bosses that spoke like that to express their direction.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but I am open to the possibility that it may be.

If Pegula favors drafting Power with the first pick he is joining the other 90% of the draft analysts who are recommending the same selection. What would be more odd is for the owner not to have an opinion on who to draft with the first pick. 

I don't discount the idea that the owner has an opinion on who to select with the first pick in this draft. And I'm not suggesting that the owner hasn't been instrumentally involved in some player transactions. But worrying about him ordering his hockey staff to do something that it doesn't want to do with the first pick is in my view is wasting energy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’m always skeptical of leaks.

Dreger today.... where would he hear that?  I’m sure he didn’t get it from Dubas or Burke.  Likely suspect is Bob Murray, trying to drive price down.

Why the Power, Michigan player leak by Vogl?  Then the Eklund tweet by LL?  Sounds like either deliberate misinformation by the Sabres.  Or Vogl was accurate and LL was putting out counter information.

Or..... both were from the Sabres.  Why?  Maybe they are shaping teams in the top 5, thinking they’re going to have a second top 5 pick.

Lots of misinformation going on..... lying season.

Edited by Der Jaeger
  • Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Der Jaeger said:

I’m always skeptical of leaks.

Dreger today.... where would he hear that?  I’m sure he didn’t get it from Dubas or Burke.  Likely suspect is Bob Murray, trying to drive Price down.

Why the Power, Michigan player leak by Vogl?  Then the Eklund tweet by LL?  Sounds like either deliberate misinformation by the Sabres.  Or Vogl was accurate and LL was putting out counter information.

Or..... both were from the Sabres.  Why?  Maybe they are shaping teams in the top 5, thinking they’re going to have a second top 5 pick.

Lots of misinformation going on..... lying season.

Reminds me of Mckenzie telling us right before the ROR trade how he was a 3C on a good team. ***** you, Bob.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Pegula favors drafting Power with the first pick he is joining the other 90% of the draft analysts who are recommending the same selection. What would be more odd is for the owner not to have an opinion on who to draft with the first pick. 

I don't discount the idea that the owner has an opinion on who to select with the first pick in this draft. And I'm not suggesting that the owner hasn't been instrumentally involved in some player transactions. But worrying about him ordering his hockey staff to do something that it doesn't want to do with the first pick is in my view is wasting energy. 

Stating our opinions about what the Sabres will or should do is wasting energy as well.  I'm sure SDS appreciates all the wasted energy.

And the insinuation isn't that he has an opinion.  It is that he is using his opinion to direct his (presumably much more qualified) staff. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Regardless, I don't really have a dog in this fight so I can't say I care to defend the point beyond the energy I've just donated to SDS's little empire.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

10 years of failure seems weird to me...and the problem starts at the very top.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LabattBlue said:

10 years of failure seems weird to me...and the problem starts at the very top.  

No one is saying that as an owner he is a success. What's obvious is obvious. Presiding over a failed organization doesn't mean that he is making all the hockey decisions.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

No one is saying that as an owner he is a success. What's obvious is obvious. Presiding over a failed organization doesn't mean that he is making all the hockey decisions.  

I didn’t say that, but if you don’t think he is involved with some hockey decisions, I don’t know what to say.  For starters do the names Ehrhoff and Leino ring a bell?  Am I supposed to believe that over the years he has backed off?

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Power is the consensus #1 pick but now that Terry Pegula said he likes him, do we NOT draft him?

Obviously.  Because it appears to be the only way to make any fans happy, we had better not draft Power.  GMKA's own birth pales in comparison to showing his independence from Terry by ensuring that Pegula didn't get what he wanted, no matter what the scouts think.

I think this board has broken me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.