2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That was a penalty? 

Technically Yes, but No in a playoff game.  If the Refs  are going to let them play old style then they need to call it that way. 

Point with a sick goal, essentially a PP goal but the penalty ended.  Not a Tampa fan but they are loaded. 

3 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Brayden McNabb

This is the one to be most angry about in the playoffs because that was GMTM’s worst trade. He clearly fell in love with the prospect (Fasching) and lost sight of fair value.

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

This is the one to be most angry about in the playoffs because that was GMTM’s worst trade. He clearly fell in love with the prospect (Fasching) and lost sight of fair value.

To be fair Fasching looked like a great power forward prospect in college, a Vanek type of scorer. But he couldn’t make the transition to the pros.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

To be fair Fasching looked like a great power forward prospect in college, a Vanek type of scorer. But he couldn’t make the transition to the pros.

There was certainly a lot to like there but he never even came close to realizing any of it on NHL ice. That’s a big whiff on Murray’s part.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

There was certainly a lot to like there but he never even came close to realizing any of it on NHL ice. That’s a big whiff on Murray’s part.

I don’t think it’s a whiff to acquire a prospect who shows skills to that point. McNabb wasn’t even a regular in the lineup. The Sabres had a need for a power forward.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I don’t think it’s a whiff to acquire a prospect who shows skills to that point. McNabb wasn’t even a regular in the lineup. The Sabres had a need for a power forward.

Deslauriers was always a bottom 6 forward. Who cares if he was a bottom 6 power forward. 

7 hours ago, pastajoe said:

He looked good in his brief stint after Minnesota's season ended and he earned a spot on the roster that next year but got injured toward the end of October & never really got another true crack at it.

Had he stayed healthy &/or had Murray not been replaced by Botterill he might have fared better.

Interestingly, turns out he actually got into a handful of games for AZ this year.  (With pretty much the same effectiveness as he'd had for the Sabres.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

He looked good in his brief stint after Minnesota's season ended and he earned a spot on the roster that next year but got injured toward the end of October & never really got another true crack at it.

Had he stayed healthy &/or had Murray not been replaced by Botterill he might have fared better.

Interestingly, turns out he actually got into a handful of games for AZ this year.  (With pretty much the same effectiveness as he'd had for the Sabres.)

Ahhh... this trade: D McNabb, F Jonathan Parker, and two 2nd round picks (both from LA) to LA for LW Nicolas Deslauriers (AHL), W Hudson Fasching (NCAA B1G Minn)

I always liked Fasching's potential as a middle-6 power forward. DLo was a good 4W. But how is that worth a potential 2nd-pairing D and 2 2nds? (And Parker to free up a roster spot.)

The real error here was McNabb would have been with the Sabres the following season -- thereby keeping Ristolainen/Zadorov in Rochester where they belonged. Moving him set up a chain reaction that led to rushing kids up when they could have been a) playing top minutes and learning the craft because they were nowhere near polished prospects, b) not brought into a tank situation.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Former Sabres playing well.  Byron, Armia, and McNabb all getting props for hitting and hustle.  Carrier is also playing well. 

Sabres games played …

Byron … 8 games

Armia … 1 game

McNabb … 37 games

Carrier … 41 games

Edited by Zamboni

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Sabres games played …

Byron … 8 games

Armia … 1 game

McNabb … 37 games

Carrier … 41 games

I know their history, they hardly played for the Sabres. But 3 were drafted by them and I pull fir them to play well.  

Gutting the team and losing on purpose was a terrible thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I know their history, they hardly played for the Sabres. But 3 were drafted by them and I pull fir them to play well.  

Gutting the team and losing on purpose was a terrible thing to do. 

I wasn’t implying anything. Just listing their Sabres games. Nothing more. 👍🏼

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.