2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

11 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Isles defense not doing much defense.

So true.  Odd man breaks for the Bolts were plentiful in the 1st period.  Kevin Bieksa is doing commentary here in Canada and kept saying the Isles were "cheating" in terms of team defense.  Tampa's alleged "cheating" is much more productive than the Isles' version.

12 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

The good news from an Isles perspective is that it was not the closing game of the series. A game 6 win and this is forgotten. Unlike say... what we did to the Flyers in the '01 quarters. The Flyers have to live with that shameful beatdown forever. Forever.

The good news from an Aisles perspective is that Vasilevski has gotten a SO in each of Tampa's last win of the past 3 series they were in, so Trotz can use that to say his boys have games 6 & 7 in the bag.

Will be interesting to see if Barzal is available for game 6.  If not, Trotz can use that to his advantage as well in summoning yet another gear for his squad to ramp up.  He has to find something, because Tampa smells blood.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Would be nice to have 2 goalies that can win.... 

Remember when?  The "three-headed goalie monster" was perceived as a problem.

It was a blessing.

Miller with the Biron backup was solid.

Not as solid as Hasek with Biron, but still.

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Vegas is obviously a success story but I cannot cheer for them to win a Cup. Expansion teams should have to “suffer” first.

I said just this when I was with my parents on Sunday!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.