2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

seems every time one counts either Montreal or the Isles out they rebound. I am sure the NHL are dreading the Habs beating their darling Vegas as no doubt ratings would be down if it turns out Montreal & whoever. It is amazing the Isles lost JT for absolutely nothing and still turned around and continued to excel without him. ironic he (JT) wanted to go somewhere where her could win a cup and now it looks as though the Isles may do that before Toronto  

• Like (+1) 2

Button (who I rarely agree with) ripped apart the officiating in yesterday's game, and I have to agree. Said the official looking right at the Kucherov cross-check shouldn't move on to the final, that the NHL is very hypocritical when it comes to player safefy. 

Realistically, from a Sabres perspective, my focus is on just making the playoffs right now. But like it or not, the reality at this point in time is in order to succeed in the playoffs, you have to field a team capable of capitalizing on the rules of the playoffs, which is to say: you need a team capable of breaking the rules and taking liberties on the physicality of other players. That may never change. 

• Like (+1) 2

Nice win by the Islanders.  Tampa with a dose of their own medice.  That said, the refs were a joke in that game, especially on that play.

Anyway ...

Today is St. Jean Baptiste Day in Quebec.  The 'National Holiday' and the biggest party day of the year.  Can you imagine the mayhem if (when ... 😎) the Habs win tonight in Montreal.

GO HABS!!

MUST WIN!!

• Like (+1) 1

Man gets away with murder after prime witness turns out to be an NHL ref.

“He was standing right next to the victim when he got shot in the face,” said Constable Maurice Duhamel. “There was blood everywhere and people screaming. But he says he didn’t see a thing.”

“He also told me he didn’t want to ‘decide who wins at trial, especially during the playoffs’. What the ***** does that mean?”

https://thebeaverton.com/2021/06/man-gets-away-with-murder-after-eyewitness-turns-out-to-be-nhl-referee/

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Button (who I rarely agree with) ripped apart the officiating in yesterday's game, and I have to agree. Said the official looking right at the Kucherov cross-check shouldn't move on to the final, that the NHL is very hypocritical when it comes to player safefy. 

Realistically, from a Sabres perspective, my focus is on just making the playoffs right now. But like it or not, the reality at this point in time is in order to succeed in the playoffs, you have to field a team capable of capitalizing on the rules of the playoffs, which is to say: you need a team capable of breaking the rules and taking liberties on the physicality of other players. That may never change. 

Karma. I hope he’s out for the entire next season too.

But yeah, in the NHL, “player safety” is nothing more than an empy phrase. A buzzword. A sales pitch.

Edited by Kristian
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

I think that has been Perrault’s point all along when saying we need a tougher team.

You described what is needed more thoroughly though, players who are equipped to play the way the playoffs get played and called.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

Given the difference between the regular season and the playoffs, you don’t really know what you have until you play in the post-season do you?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Given the difference between the regular season and the playoffs, you don’t really know what you have until you play in the post-season do you?

The hardest trophy in pro sports to win for that reason, in my estimation. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.