2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

20 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The Habs might be a bigger threat to Vegas than some of y’all realized. 

Interesting 

I said watch the Habs from the start.  The mystique is real.  It starts with a hot goalie, then add a few old vets playing great, then add a few young guys writing their story … and you never know.  

Edited by Pimlach

42 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I can honestly say I've enjoyed watching Montreal this year in the playoffs. I'm a sucker for underdog stories and they just refuse to lose.

God I wish our team had that sheer doggedness 

Refuse to lose? What does that even mean? What did Fleury’s idiocy have to do with Montreal refusing to lose?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SDS said:

Refuse to lose? What does that even mean? What did Fleury’s idiocy have to do with Montreal refusing to lose?

They still had a chance to win in OT and didn’t.

Refusing to lose just means not ever giving up,... something we saw our fragile team do many times this year.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I can honestly say I've enjoyed watching Montreal this year in the playoffs. I'm a sucker for underdog stories and they just refuse to lose.

God I wish our team had that sheer doggedness 

Much.  More than  Islanders. Series

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Refusing to lose just means not ever giving up,... something we saw our fragile team do many times this year.

That did change after RK was given the boot.  They still had some bad games, but in most games, they played until the end, and they even had multiple late comebacks.  A glimmer of hope, anyway.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 3

crazy to hear the Habs coach has COVID 19! Have to wonder if the team will have it next? I too root for underdogs and Montreal is for sure the underdog and Vegas had everything handed to them (which Seattle will not get this time around) but have to wonder how the coach contacting COVID 19 will affect the team moving forward? The coach is fully vaccinated apparently. And yes it is clear NHL want Vegas through to finals when that terrible high stick leaving Perry bleeding pretty bad was not called. Montreal in the final would not help the ratings. Vegas/Tampa is no doubt their preference and I hope for Isles/Habs

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

crazy to hear the Habs coach has COVID 19! Have to wonder if the team will have it next? I too root for underdogs and Montreal is for sure the underdog and Vegas had everything handed to them (which Seattle will not get this time around) but have to wonder how the coach contacting COVID 19 will affect the team moving forward? The coach is fully vaccinated apparently. And yes it is clear NHL want Vegas through to finals when that terrible high stick leaving Perry bleeding pretty bad was not called. Montreal in the final would not help the ratings. Vegas/Tampa is no doubt their preference and I hope for Isles/Habs

The narrative that Vegas had everything handed to them is letting the league off the hook when we should not. They worked over teams and made great deals. Then they made continuous moves to build what is now not just a ragtag group of players but a very talented group. Nobody handed them Mark Stone.

Seattle gets the same expansion rules. We’ll see if anyone learned their lesson.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So Montreal’s strategy of paying big money to have a solid long term goaltender has paid off in spades. 

I wouldn't say that.  It seems to be working for them this year (though, they haven't actually won the cup yet and really should be down a game - can't credit them for Fleury's bad play with a late lead), but hadn't really done much for them through most his tenure (assuming we're using a bar higher than just "better than the Sabres have done.")  They technically hadn't won a playoff round since he signed the big contract extension until this year (last year's win was in the "qualifying round" not the playoffs) and had missed the playoffs more years than not.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.