2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Soooo I’m reading …. “I don’t like what Tampa did so I declare it cheating”

Buuut the league itself doesn’t view it as cheating, sooooo it obviously isn’t in their eyes. Too bad so sad.

“But but but I declare it’s cheating so it is” (now I will close my eyes, and put my hands over my ears because I don’t want to see or hear any other facts about this issue).

Tissues anyone?

#iwouldntmindtheisleswinningtheseries

Not entirely accurate.  Back when Buffalo was relevant the league didn’t  allow Buffalo to do what Tampa did this season.  Under the same rules.

The league deemed it skirting the salary cap then.  It hasn’t changed today.  What’s changed is TB is obviously an MFT right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

It's been a long time since the Habs and the Isles have had playoff success. In fact, I think the Habs were the last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup.

This should be fun to watch, though.

The Islanders played Tampa in last years ECF

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Soooo I’m reading …. “I don’t like what Tampa did so I declare it cheating”

Buuut the league itself doesn’t view it as cheating, sooooo it obviously isn’t in their eyes. Too bad so sad.

“But but but I declare it’s cheating so it is” (now I will close my eyes, and put my hands over my ears because I don’t want to see or hear any other facts about this issue).

Tissues anyone?

#iwouldntmindtheisleswinningtheseries

They key here is whether the player still qualified for LTIR.  If Kucherov was healthy then he should have been returned to the line-up.

Of course the Sabres and other teams get away with similar items like this throughout the season.  We often see a player who has been in IR suddenly come back healthy as soon as there is another injury.  How did that happen?  Basically it happens because the team is keeping that other player on IR so they don't have to make adjustments to the roster.

Injuries are not handled strictly in the NHL, it's that simple.

Except, sometimes.

Watched a good chunk of the game yesterday - and, man, the Islanders were really something. Their style of play can make for somewhat dull regular season games, but, come playoff time, that style is well-suited to the pace and urgency of play, and makes for an exciting game.

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, sabremike said:

Was after Phail Housley's first season (you know, the one we finished dead last). Clearly after such a stunningly successful first season it would've been madness to sack him and bring in the best coach in the world.

Or maybe they did reach out to Trotz to gauge His Interest, but we’re told no thanks as Trotz did not want to take the Job of one of His Friends and former Asst Coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

OMG.  Vegas pregame intro was insane.  Habs first time playing in front of a full house this season … let’s see how they handle it.  The Habs of my youth usually found a way.  

Awesome build up!!!  I like them doing Oh Canada too.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hmmm.  A former Sabre on each teams 4th line.  

And all of them kill penalties and hound pucks all over the ice.

I remember the year Armia broke his hand. I thought he was going to get his shot in Buffalo but that happened and then shortly after that he was gone to Winnipeg.

He's better in the playoffs it seems but he's carved out a nice little career since.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Can you imagine the Habs doing this pregame nonsense?  

No.  Because they're classy.

As Sabres fans, we have no authority to criticize any team-that-is-still-playing’s pregame activities.

2-1. Nice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.