2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

5 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

What a craptacular Stanley Cup final. The team with the 18th best regular season record. 🙄 We can only hope Tampa wins and repeats as the Cup winner.

I am pulling for NYI to beat Tampa.  I’m in the anyone but Tampa camp.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

While I do hate Montreal, at least Lehner was the one that gave up the series ending goal, so I'll take that

I can't hate Montreal.  Even though they've been in our division for every year except this one.  (The only one left is Boston.)  I just can't.  They are classic, they aren't dirty, there's nothing there to hate.

I'm happy that they're in instead of "we bought a team" Vegas.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I am pulling for NYI to beat Tampa.  I’m in the anyone but Tampa camp.  

You're not a young man, and yet you forget 1980.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I can't hate Montreal.  Even though they've been in our division for every year except this one.  (The only one left is Boston.)  I just can't.  They are classic, they aren't dirty, there's nothing there to hate.

Moe-ray-all was in the Norris the 1st 7 years after they expanded to 4 divisions.  Sabres were always in the Adams with the B's, at least until they started renaming the divisions.

Surprised the Habs were given the Campbell Bowl as could've sworn there was an article that neither it nor the Prince of Wales was going to be awarded this year with no set conferences.  Cool that they handed it out.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I can't be mad about Vegas, the league wants over half a billion for a franchise that the rest of the leagues owners are going to benefit financially from when they get their piece of that fee and then teams willingly gave them assetts to make them take certain players. Vegas did a great job of working within the rules given and did even better then the 'experts' thought they would. Is it Vegas's fault the Pens wanted them to take Fleury, and Florida gave up assetts so they would take Marchessault? They have FA's wanting to sign there and have also made some good trades.

Problem this year is that they seem to be wanting to push Fleury out the door, I can't remember a time when a playoff team was having success and the coach decides to give his starter time off to rest during a series

9 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Much like the Bills of the early ‘90’s…How many times will Vegas “go to the well” and come up empty? When will the wheels really start to come off?

Will they now enter the Eichel sweepstakes to get a star player to put them over the top before their window closes? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don’t forget 1980, but it’s  in the past.  The Islanders have built a team that plays a game I like.  

I pull for Montreal because of the tradition.  Prior to the Sabres I was watching a 6 and 12 team NHL and the Habs were the best.  I also loved Bobby Orr but that didn’t make me a Bruins fan.  

I’ll take the Islanders over Tampa because I just don’t like a Florida team repeating, especially one that is way over the salary cap.  

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

What do you guys think of this monstrosity I just proposed lol

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2499551

Why would  Vegas want to completely reconstruct their roster? 

They have been in the finals and are near the top of the West for most of their existence.

I doubt they want to do a complete overhaul at this point

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Moe-ray-all was in the Norris the 1st 7 years after they expanded to 4 divisions.  Sabres were always in the Adams with the B's, at least until they started renaming the divisions.

Surprised the Habs were given the Campbell Bowl as could've sworn there was an article that neither it nor the Prince of Wales was going to be awarded this year with no set conferences.  Cool that they handed it out.

1.  I really didn't know that!  Thanks.

2.  You're probably right.  There also were multiple articles, essays, and probably books about how no international series would be played in Canada this year, too, but that ended as soon as it was clear that Montreal was in the semis.  (It would have been the same for Toronto, also, but not for the Prairie teams. Not enough votes in Manitoba or Alberta.)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is this going to bring good Karma?

If I performed at my job the way Staal did at his for 3 months, I'd be fired on day 2. 

He gets rewarded with this.

If he had showed up and merely been bad, then whatever. But he was mentally checked out before he ever got here, and instead of leading kids, he helped create a festering situation that lost people their jobs. He never bothered trying here, and it was evident from period 1 of game 1

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why would  Vegas want to completely reconstruct their roster? 

They have been in the finals and are near the top of the West for most of their existence.

I doubt they want to do a complete overhaul at this point

Technically you have to boil a lot of it down due to cap issues.

The more concise version would be

Glass, Krebs, Tuch, Smith/Fleury, 2021 & 2022 1sts

But then I still felt it was a tad light so I added Hague. 

From there it slowly spiraled into a 10 player deal

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Can they afford him?

Unless they can pull a TB and go '$10 mil over the cap' (or however Dougie put it), Buffalo would have to take salary back in a deal

I assume they would be sending 2-3 roster players to Buffalo, with a prospect and pick. Maybe even Fleury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.