Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I believe that’s Why He has the Associate Head Coach Title 

Totally.  I was wondering how long Trotz might continue to coach.  Didn't realize he's only 58.. I had figured he would be north of 60, although not by much.  I guess it could be a few more years... so then you wonder how long the associate coach hangs around.

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Head Coaching Search Update Senators Block Jack Capuano from Interviewing
20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not a Capuano fan?

Not particularly. I don’t remember the players being all that fond of him and he doesn’t have a high track record of success. The team found more success when he left and they even lost their best player in that span.

Because the Sens denied the request does that mean the request was to interview him for an assistant position?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Posted yet? Gallant was never even connected to the Sabres.

Not really surprising that the Sabres didn’t show interest.  Pegulas aren’t know for tolerating blunt, abrasive employees.  Gallant can’t seem to keep a job for more than 2 years for personality reasons even when his teams are performing well.

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

Not really surprising that the Sabres didn’t show interest.  Pegulas aren’t know for tolerating blunt, abrasive employees.  Gallant can’t seem to keep a job for more than 2 years for personality reasons even when his teams are performing well.

Rangers will be in the playoffs next year you just watch. The speed they already had combined with his coaching that will be a very tough team to play against. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think it's quite the opposite. Gallant wouldn't consider the Sabres job.

On another note, has Boudreau been interviewed for any of the other job openings in the league? Just curious.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think it's quite the opposite,. Gallant wouldn't consider the Sabres job.

I think both are right....both sides saying no thanks.   Who actually believes this is really an exhaustive search vs. an illusion to make it look like one and simply hire Granato.

Edited by Carmel Corn

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I think both are right....both sides saying no thanks.   Who actually believes this is really an exhaustive search vs. an illusion to make it look like one and simply hire Granato.

Which is likely the best move. Like I posted earlier, Granato is doing a lot of media for an interim coach.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

12 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

At this point I kind of feel the Granato shine has dimmed a bit.  The longer the off-season progresses, the less I feel Granato is the guy.  I get the sense that KA really is looking.  It could be that his standard is Donnie Meatballs though and until he finds someone that's clearly better for this situation, he may still get the job.  I'm not very committal either way in my preference at this point.  Interview All The Coaches.  Pick one.

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think it's quite the opposite. Gallant wouldn't consider the Sabres job.

On another note, has Boudreau been interviewed for any of the other job openings in the league? Just curious.

Could be.

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Rangers will be in the playoffs next year you just watch. The speed they already had combined with his coaching that will be a very tough team to play against. 

Yeah, they were already an up and coming team, so I might have projected them as a playoff team even before.

23 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I think it’s an actual search.

It's an actual search that will continue until the candidates still in the playoffs are interviewed.

Capuano would have felt like a disappointing hire, but I have no issues with them interviewing him. His resume almost demands an interview.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/40073/jack-capuano

Sens are ***** for not letting him speak to us. I'd say the same for any franchise who did the same.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.