Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

On 6/6/2021 at 9:53 AM, nfreeman said:

Every day that passes without him signing increases the likelihood that he entertains other offers.  I would go so far as to say that it's at least 50/50 that he's already reached that point.

You know, as much as I'd like it, I just don't see the Sabres unloading the bank vault at any coaching candidate, and as such I think it more likely we're going to end up with a Gronberg or a college guy or just keeping Granato. Not what I want, but I'd bet on it happening. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This  Organization is an absolute joke

Because they are giving a stud college coach — who put up a decent record with a Rangers team that was on a mini-tank and was fired in fit of pique by a egomaniac owner — one of several interviews?

Your strong opinions on things are starting to make me smile.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Because they are giving a stud college coach — who put up a decent record with a Rangers team that was on a mini-tank and was fired in fit of pique by a egomaniac owner — one of several interviews?

He's definitely enjoyable I'll give him that.

I'd be alright with Quinn honestly. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ask any rags fan what they think of the guy (Spoiler Alert: They think he sucks).

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You know, as much as I'd like it, I just don't see the Sabres unloading the bank vault at any coaching candidate, and as such I think it more likely we're going to end up with a Gronberg or a college guy or just keeping Granato. Not what I want, but I'd bet on it happening. 

Well, I can understand this view based on recent cost-cutting, but TP has generally thrown money at the Sabres, and they did make RK one of the highest-paid coaches in the NHL. 

I've seen RK's salary reported as both $3.75MM and $3.9MM -- which is more than double what I've seen reported as being currently offered to Brind'Amour.

It may be more likely that Rod considers Seattle and/or other teams and not the Sabres, but if it turns into a bidding war, I don't think TP will be outbid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Ask any rags fan what they think of the guy (Spoiler Alert: They think he sucks).

You are correct.  That puzzles me.  I thought he did fairly well with a young, so-so squad and made it kind of terrifying to play against.

"Appeasing" Eichel is the wrong move on any level imo. Time to say the TEAM comes first and no individual is above that, not even Eichel. 

Team never "appeased" Perreault or Peca or Briere (etc etc). Maybe Hasek a little, but even he got ruffled a few times and he was apparently a difficult individual. You don't "appease" players you show them the door, and players should NEVER pick their own coach. Never going to have a unified team if one, or even a few, guys has a special link to the man in charge. 

Quinn is another stupid choice.  Maybe they just love the name "Quinn". It's got good feng shui or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Rumor has it you are cruel to animals. So you’re a joke.

If those damn squirrels wouldn't jump into traffic on purpose 

Its not my fault 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

More like they're trying to give everything to jack eichel. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

And what happens if He doesn't like what he sees and he says OK move me and he gets to pick the team

I don’t think Jack really would want out quite yet if KA was committed to being on the same page with him. Considering what the return for Jack will likely be, I’d risk him changing his mind later if I can mend fences in the now. 

I’ve said all along you probably need to move Jack before his NMC kicks in if he’s set on leaving, but I don’t know that to be the case. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

If those damn squirrels wouldn't jump into traffic on purpose 

Its not my fault 

More like they're trying to give everything to jack eichel. 

If Kevyn is trying to give everything to Eichel, that has to be because he doesn’t like the offers he’s getting for him.

I think that relationship is where it is because Adams hasn’t been, or is tired of, giving in to Eichel.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If Kevyn is trying to give everything to Eichel, that has to be because he doesn’t like the offers he’s getting for him.

I think that relationship is where it is because Adams hasn’t been, or is tired of, giving in to Eichel.

We need to go full Tampa and LTIR Eichel.

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

This  Organization is an absolute joke

Jimmy Murphy was convinced in 2017 that the Sabres were hiring Chris Drury as GM and David Quinn as HC. 

Nothing to see here 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I can understand this view based on recent cost-cutting, but TP has generally thrown money at the Sabres, and they did make RK one of the highest-paid coaches in the NHL. 

I've seen RK's salary reported as both $3.75MM and $3.9MM -- which is more than double what I've seen reported as being currently offered to Brind'Amour.

It may be more likely that Rod considers Seattle and/or other teams and not the Sabres, but if it turns into a bidding war, I don't think TP will be outbid.

Brindamour is not a fan of the Sabres Organization 

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jimmy Murphy was convinced in 2017 that the Sabres were hiring Chris Drury as GM and David Quinn as HC. 

Nothing to see here 

Brindamour is not a fan of the Sabres Organization 

Was that before Jason Karmanos and Kevyn Adams?

Do we know what he thinks of them?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.