Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I wonder if there will be outrage over the Eichel trade.

I don’t sense that here, mostly fatalism, and less love for the player than most would expect.

no I'll definitely be outraged im just doing my bitching now to get it out of the way

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I wonder if there will be outrage over the Eichel trade.

I think I'll be more like

image.thumb.png.ac135e39dc23e73f8b74790a80a23dfb.png

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think you might be Jack’s biggest supporter left on here now.

I'd love to keep him if they can work it out, especially if Reino gets traded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Jack. 

If Adams is willing to take a sub-par return for the most important asset/trade in decades, he must be absolutely certain Jack is cooked physically. KA can go ahead and do that, but if Jack returns to full health, and we don't get better without him, he should probably be fired. He'll have to lie in that bed. If I pan the return and Jack doesn't return to health, I'll happily revisit the initial reaction and give kudos if necessary 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If Adams is willing to take a sub-par return for the most important asset/trade in decades, he must be absolutely certain Jack is cooked physically. KA can go ahead and do that, but if Jack returns to full health, and we don't get better without him, he should probably be fired. He'll have to lie in that bed. If I pan the return and Jack doesn't return to health, I'll happily revisit the initial reaction and give kudos if necessary 

Or cooked mentally in Buffalo, like Hall, ROR, Lehner and those other depressed Swedish dudes, before him. When they get pruned a little, fed, put in the sun and placed in the right spot, they bloom again. Eichel going on and having success seems immaterial (and practically guaranteed) — if it wasn't going to happen in Buffalo, who cares?

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I for one will be pissed if they trade Jack. I don't see any outcome in a trade where they can get equal or plus value. But then again, as you said, it all depends on his health. Neck injuries are scary. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Or cooked mentally in Buffalo, like Hall, ROR, Lehner and those other depressed Swedish dudes, before him. When they get pruned a little, fed, put in the sun and placed in the right spot, they bloom again. Eichel going on and having success seems immaterial (and practically guaranteed) — if it wasn't going to happen in Buffalo, who cares?

Too many claims here unsupported, too many unidentified variables. We cannot seriously claim to know ROR couldn't have been successful here. And Jack. They already were! It's the team that wasn't. 

We keep going back to the same thing - players don't elevate an inferior roster. Eichel and ROR by all the measurables we know of individually performed very, very well. If you want to say they were missing some, to me, unidentifiable "something" that actively prevented us from winning? The burden of proof is on you, sir. 

You can't just pick any singular thing and claim causation due to correlation - it makes no sense. Or else, I have a rock that keeps away tigers you might be interested in.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I have been operating under the premise that Jack is being auctioned off with the understanding that the buyer has done their medical homework and expects that he will fully recover. I would suggest that a buyer putting a top 10 pick on the table supports that; they wouldn't do it for damaged goods.

But if we are auctioning him off at an obvious "health risk" discount, as @SDS believes, we are playing an extraordinarily dangerous game and Adams needs to be fully accountable for what happens. He does not have to trade him. He can wait to see if his value returns.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have been operating under the premise that Jack is being auctioned off with the understanding that the buyer has done their medical homework and expects that he will fully recover. I would suggest that a buyer putting a top 10 pick on the table supports that; they wouldn't do it for damaged goods.

But if we are auctioning him off at an obvious "health risk" discount, as @SDS believes, we are playing an extraordinarily dangerous game and Adams needs to be fully accountable for what happens. He does not have to trade him. He can wait to see if his value returns.

Yep. Let's just judge this one on what happens with Jack and who we get back, I don't want to be reading on here in 2 years "ya well, hindsight is 20/20. At the time, KA thought there was no chance Jack would come back strong. They did well to get Turcotte, who's been a solid middle 6 C for us, on a poor team"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.