Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The other offers that we rumored were 

Carolina: Lindholm, Skinner and Picks exchanging 

Montreal Danualt, Poehling and a Second. 

The biggest.cluster was not realizing that the Team Drafted its 2C in 2nd Overall in 2014

The Carolina one was good, I can understand why we didn’t take Montreal’s offer. Essentially the MTL trade would of been downgrading ROR  for a 2nd and Poehling. We held firm on getting the Top 5 pick they had.

Begs to question why we took such a rough offer from StL. Botts must of really had confidence in Berglund being a solid 2/3C 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Didn't he pick your quarterback ? 

Definitely did not. I would never give that that credit. GM Beane and HC McDermott have too much self-respect to take any Pegula meddling seriously. They’ll allow stuff like Kim listening in on McDermott’s headset during a live game, but when it comes to anything serious, there’s no way they would allow it.

So, how can Beane and McD tell the Pegulas to take a hike? My guess it’s a combination of being 100% professional (Beane) and respectful (McD) about it, and providing evidence of progress. Now, GMTM probably did know what he was doing, but apparently was not professional. JBott? He was professional, but no progress was demonstrated. 

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The Carolina one was good, I can understand why we didn’t take Montreal’s offer. Essentially the MTL trade would of been downgrading ROR  for a 2nd and Poehling. We held firm on getting the Top 5 pick they had.

Begs to question why we took such a rough offer from StL. Botts must of really had confidence in Berglund being a solid 2/3C 

The story is that those offers were contingent on Sabres paying O’Reilly’s big bonus in July.  Instead he was traded to STL the day before the bonus was due.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

What would it take from the Jets?

Scheif and Helle are off the table.

Not a lot in the way of prospects of interest and nothing up the middle so it’s a tough match but Connor, Pionk and Ehlers are some names that come to mind.

Perfetti, Connor, Pionk and a 1st for Jack and Risto.

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

"They" being Adams and Krueger? So Pegula picked our first rounder? And Rutherford didn't come? Isn't all of that really unusual - for the owner to make the first round selections in hockey? Someone tell me how that means we aren't screwed?

It is unusual for an owner to be this involved.  We are screwed until they get bored with the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Go on..

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Self loathing is a horrible thing. You need a little positive affirmation.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Ok, you dropped it out there.  Explain.  

Pretty much all of it.  It’s not self loathing, I dislike myself for 100 other reasons outside of the realm of sports.  I don’t know if I can explain it thoroughly; the discourse, hyperbole, braggadocio, black or white categorization, some of the opinions in here make me want to barf.  Settle the ***** down already.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, inkman said:

Pretty much all of it.  It’s not self loathing, I dislike myself for 100 other reasons outside of the realm of sports.  I don’t know if I can explain it thoroughly; the discourse, hyperbole, braggadocio, black or white categorization, some of the opinions in here make me want to barf.  Settle the ***** down already.  

I don't loathe myself. I do see my human weaknesses. I think your fan assessment is not unfounded. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

Not a lot in the way of prospects of interest and nothing up the middle so it’s a tough match but Connor, Pionk and Ehlers are some names that come to mind.

Perfetti, Connor, Pionk and a 1st for Jack and Risto.

What if it were just Jack and no Risto?

19 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I think that one's the worst having two 9 million dollars wingers is not smart with no center 

Zary is fine see him maybe turning  into a horvat type 

You can't trade Jack for a Winger that should be the number 1 rule for buffalo 

Zary, is a high end center prospect.  So you get that to add into the mix.  You add a physical elite player under 25.  Their 1st will be near the top 10.

1 minute ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Zary, is a high end center prospect.  So you get that to add into the mix.  You add a physical elite player under 25.  Their 1st will be near the top 10.

Like i said he could be a horvat type but hes  not the prospect you should be aiming for in jack eichel trade 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Like i said he could be a horvat type but hes  not the prospect you should be aiming for in jack eichel trade 

I agree, and I only went off the conjecture of the Athletic article.  Stating that it was the best of the few offered.  Overall, I would say the Flames would be a second tier destination of preference.

Just now, TheCerebral1 said:

I agree, and I only went off the conjecture of the Athletic article.  Stating that it was the best of the few offered.  Overall, I would say the Flames would be a second tier destination of preference.

Flames ,  Coyotes would scary me 

59 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Just for the record, Matthew Tkachuk is not elite. Physical yes, elite not even close. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just for the record, Matthew Tkachuk is not elite. Physical yes, elite not even close. 

He's a physically elite player.  That's literally what I meant 😄  He would provide the Sabres with something similar to Tuch who everyone loves, because he's a local boy.  That being said,  I want Zegras, Turcotte, Byfield over Zary or any Flames package.

Edited by TheCerebral1

5 hours ago, inkman said:

I don't get this. It's kind of what these sports sites/boards/whatever they're called these days are for. For the younger guys it's just part of their usual online chat worlds. For us older guys they're like local bars where you go and spout off all your armchair solutions, argue, agree to disagree, hopefully not get into a fight, and in the end everybody drinks. The success/failure of the team colour the tone of the thing.

As for the black and white categorization, I really think that's what the medium itself creates. Like in all internet scenarios, long nuanced and complex arguments with detail get picked apart by comments/replies that select one sentence or a few words and (sometimes) take them out of context, so one is in a sense encouraged to reduce things as simple as possible to make a point.  So one tends to go yes or no or black and white as you put it. So (for example) Reinhart sucks or Reinhart is awesome vs. Reinhart does a, b, c, really well but not so good at x, y, z, and so on and so on in 16 paragraphs. 

Also sometimes you get tired of typing and repeating 🙂

I guess I'm wondering, if you don't like sports fans, Buffalo fans, and these boards in general, why on earth do you do it?