Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Look at the comments..

this is management pr plan phase 2, no doubt. guess they went first this time

Man this is just, so cringe. Ownership is like some sad dude trying to get his ex back or something. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Look at the comments..

this is management pr plan phase 2, no doubt. guess they went first this time

I saw this and logged on here right away to read some juicey comments.  surprised it doesn't have its own topic.   Wonder when they nominated him?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

will say that if the Bills win the Super Bowl?

Yes. I repeated it over and over throughout the playoffs this season. 

49 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Man this is just, so cringe. Ownership is like some sad dude trying to get his ex back or something. 

Honestly asking—do you think nominations closed today or that Buffalo is just scheduled to announce it today

https://theathletic.com/2589430/2021/05/14/eichel-to-calgary-quinton-byfield-jonathan-quick-and-more-for-eichel-here-are-some-jack-eichel-trade-proposals/

The Athletic listed 8 possible trades for Eichel.

My favorites -

Calg - Tkachuk, Connor Zary & a 1st.

AZ - Keller, Kuemper and a 1st

TB - Cirelli, and Sergachev for Eichel.  

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Yes. I repeated it over and over throughout the playoffs this season. 

Honestly asking—do you think nominations closed today or that Buffalo is just scheduled to announce it today

I have no idea but at this point I just assume the worst about ownership without even bothering to get the facts first tbh. 

Ownership has a lot of say in who is drafted, particularly the First Round. We need scoring, Alex Nylander over a Defenseman.

Botterill’s Draft Board had Rossi over Quinn. We need a RW, here is one that scored 52 goals. That’s How Quinn ended up drafted by the Sabres. Also remember that Krueger had a lot of say and was asking as the de facto AGM(that’s from Lance Lysowski) and coached Rossi’s Dad. If there was any bad blood between them, RK is not past being petty enough to not draft His Kid.

Minnesota would say no, as they are highly unlikely to give up Eriksson-Ek, Boldy and Rossi in the same trade. 

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://theathletic.com/2589430/2021/05/14/eichel-to-calgary-quinton-byfield-jonathan-quick-and-more-for-eichel-here-are-some-jack-eichel-trade-proposals/

The Athletic listed 8 possible trades for Eichel.

My favorites -

Calg - Tkachuk, Connor Zary & a 1st.

AZ - Keller, Kuemper and a 1st

TB - Cirelli, and Sergachev for Eichel.  

All those are just terrible 

38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

will say that if the Bills win the Super Bowl?

I'm sadly not really much of a football fan.  I love Hockey, Baseball, and Premier League Football.

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

All those are just terrible 

The closest would be Zary, Tkachuk and 1st.  I wouldn't be opposed, but, the market will drive up the price.  This is an ELITE player.

8 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I'm sadly not really much of a football fan.  I love Hockey, Baseball, and Premier League Football.

The closest would be Zary, Tkachuk and 1st.  I wouldn't be opposed, but, the market will drive up the price.  This is an ELITE player.

I think that one's the worst having two 9 million dollars wingers is not smart with no center 

Zary is fine see him maybe turning  into a horvat type 

You can't trade Jack for a Winger that should be the number 1 rule for buffalo 

Edited by Buffalonill

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Ownership has a lot of say in who is drafted, particularly the First Round. We need scoring, Alex Nylander over a Defenseman.

Botterill’s Draft Board had Rossi over Quinn. We need a RW, here is one that scored 52 goals. That’s How Quinn ended up drafted by the Sabres. Also remember that Krueger had a lot of say and was asking as the de facto AGM(that’s from Lance Lysowski) and coached Rossi’s Dad. If there was any bad blood between them, RK is not past being petty enough to not draft His Kid.

Minnesota would say no, as they are highly unlikely to give up Eriksson-Ek, Boldy and Rossi in the same trade. 

Are you saying ownership or Krueger wanted Quinn over Rossi?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think he is saying RK didn't want Rossi.  Another turd to add to the RK file. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think that one's the worst having two 9 million dollars wingers is not smart with no center 

Zary is fine see him maybe turning  into a horvat type 

You can't trade Jack for a Winger that should be the number 1 rule for buffalo 

Of course you can.  Tkachuk is exactly what this team needs up front, but you can't trade Jack and Sam.  If you plan to trade Jack you must re-sign Samson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think he is saying RK didn't want Rossi.  Another turd to add to the RK file. 

Of course you can.  Tkachuk is exactly what this team needs up front, but you can't trade Jack and Sam.  If you plan to trade Jack you must re-sign Samson.

18 million with 2 wingers that need centers to get past 20 goals is a problem for me 

And Tkachuk has been  Declining in goal totals every year 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

18 million with 2 wingers that need centers to get past 20 goals is a problem for me 

And Tkachuk has been  Declining in goal totals every year 

Are you saying he is washed up at 23?  Give me a break.  He is a career 12% shooter.  Like Jack, Skinner, Hall etc.. he had a career year two years ago shooting 16%.  This season he shot 9%.  Unlike Hall whose shooting % has been shrinking for a decade, Tkachuk is 23.  It's more likely he goes back to his career numbers then not.

Like Skinner he needs a center that can get him into the right position to score.  Unlike Skinner, this kid can physically win battles in front and contribute on the PP. 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are you saying he is washed up at 23?  Give me a break.  He is a career 12% shooter.  Like Jack, Skinner, Hall etc.. he had a career year two years ago shooting 16%.  This season he shot 9%.  Unlike Hall whose shooting % has been shrinking for a decade, Tkachuk is 23.  It's more likely he goes back to his career numbers then not.

Like Skinner he needs a center that can get him into the right position to score.  Unlike Skinner, this kid can physically win battles in front and contribute on the PP. 

Ok so its not  concerning that hes declining every year? Same people said oh Laine is fine also .

Are you willing to spend 9 million a year on a player that had 9  Even strength goals? And a total of 26 points even strength points .

Oh and 9 Secondary assists 

So a total of 8g - 11a  - 19 points 

Of his own doing 

And his 67 giveaways

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok so its not  concerning that hes declining every year? Same people said oh Laine is fine also .

Are you willing to spend 9 million a year on a player that had 9  Even strength goals? And a total of 26 points even strength points .

Oh and 9 Secondary assists 

So a total of 8g - 11a  - 19 points 

Of his own doing 

And his 67 giveaways

Where are you getting the $9 mill figure.  He is in the same class as Sam as a player.  No one is talking about giving Sam $9 mill.  7 for 7 seems to be the number.  Tkatchuk makes 7 now.  Why does he deserve a raise?

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Where are you getting the $9 mill figure.  He is in the same class as Sam as a player.  No one is talking about giving Sam $9 mill.  7 for 7 seems to be the number.  Tkatchuk makes 7 now.  Why does he deserve a raise?

His qualifying offer is 9 million

Just now, Buffalonill said:

His qualifying offer is 9 million

That's only if you want to retain his rights once he becomes an RFA.  If the Sabres trade for him, the contract extension will be worked out immediately or no trade will happen.  Think about how we re-signed ROR immediately after the trade.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

That's only if you want to retain his rights once he becomes an RFA.  If the Sabres trade for him, the contract extension will be worked out immediately or no trade will happen.  Think about how we re-signed ROR immediately after the trade.

Hes not a player we need hes already worn out his welcome in Calgary i dont want a player thats  Immature we don't need that with this young group

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Krueger had a bigger role in Personnel Decisions this offseason after Botterill was fired. Think Cody Eakin

Rossi was higher on Botterill’s Board then Quinn. 

Pegula loved the 52 goals Quinn Scored, I believe they differed to what ownership wanted.