Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

Columbus probably wouldn't do it.  Maybe as part of a larger trade, but I'd also trade a year of Risto for a year of Jones in a heartbeat.  Change of scenery type trade.

Risto for one of their Goalies please 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Columbus probably wouldn't do it.  Maybe as part of a larger trade, but I'd also trade a year of Risto for a year of Jones in a heartbeat.  Change of scenery type trade.

I just don't see them having a piece close enough to Eichel to balance the difference between Risto and Jones, even if they threw in a goalie.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Risto for one of their Goalies please 

This on the other hand...

Just now, Thwomp! said:

I don't think anyone hates Risto as much as Sabres fans do. 

And this.

We have a weird relationship with him.

I'm sorry but I'm not trading both Reinhart and Eichel.  I see Mitts as a solid and improving No 2 and Cozens as a solid and improving No. 3.  If KA goes crazy and moves on from both then he darn well better get back a real No. 1 center.  

Both of these scenarios are workable; Jack, Mitts, Cozens  or Reinhart, Mitts, Cozens.  What isn't workable is Mitts, Cozens, R2/Asplund.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You take your Newhook slander elsewhere! Elsewhere I SAY! 

Yeah I’m with you on Newhook. Though I think he’s going to have higher production than his ability due to the parts surrounding him. Doesn’t mean he won’t be really good. 

1 hour ago, Thwomp! said:

Does Eichel to Columbus make sense?  Guy at the bar has me thinking about it.  Says he has a source.  Who knows?

They have tons of cap space, goalies to spare, 3 first round picks this year including a lottery pick.  Made sense after a couple beers.  Could be a under the radar option.

And this was before Seth Jones wouldn't commit to his future in Columbus. I wonder if something could be worked around Jones, one of the goalies, and their high pick?

He says it's an open secret that the Jackets will bring Foligno back and they want him to be the 2nd line center/beloved team leader type guy behind Eichel and do a quick rebuild on the fly.  They have tons of assets to spare, and will have a new coach coming in.

Still makes sense to me.  We'll see.  He said they almost had something worked out when Eichel got injured, for what it's worth.

I do think that Columbus could be a sleeper contender to go after Eichel because their GM is willing to actually take risks.

Howver, Jones is not appealing to me with just one year on his contract then UFA.  Also, Nick Foligno isn’t a C, so I hope that 2C thing wasn’t part of what your guy heard from his source.

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm sorry but I'm not trading both Reinhart and Eichel.  I see Mitts as a solid and improving No 2 and Cozens as a solid and improving No. 3.  If KA goes crazy and moves on from both then he darn well better get back a real No. 1 center.  

Both of these scenarios are workable; Jack, Mitts, Cozens  or Reinhart, Mitts, Cozens.  What isn't workable is Mitts, Cozens, R2/Asplund.   

Been considered this as well.  I’m thinking that if Eichel must be traded, and a legit current top-6 C isn’t coming in the trade, then just keep Reinhart.  If he is on a 1 year deal, move him at the deadline if out of contention, but I don’t want Mitts and Cozens to just get buried every night and Sabres to be DFL again. 

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

Been considered this as well.  I’m thinking that if Eichel must be traded, and a legit current top-6 C isn’t coming in the trade, then just keep Reinhart.  If he is on a 1 year deal, move him at the deadline if out of contention, but I don’t want Mitts and Cozens to just get buried every night and Sabres to be DFL again. 

Agree, even if we draft someone like Beniers.  Maybe if we trade Jack, Sam with take a 7 for 7 contract and stay, especially if we get a good haul for Jack?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Agree, even if we draft someone like Beniers.  Maybe if we trade Jack, Sam with take a 7 for 7 contract and stay, especially if we get a good haul for Jack?

I still fully endorse trading Jack then extending Samson and giving him the C if it’s what he wants. If he won’t commit more than a year I’m trading him now.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t see Sam staying, even if we overpay.  He will just quietly toil for one more season, ignore the media in Buffalo, and leave either by deadline trade or walk.  He wants out and he loves the West, Vancouver or Calgary.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t see Sam staying, even if we overpay.  He will just quietly toil for one more season, ignore the media in Buffalo, and leave either by deadline trade or walk.  He wants out and he loves the West, Vancouver or Calgary.  

He doesn't want out because he's Pajama Boy v2.0, he wants out because he realizes that staying here would be wasting his entire career as unless there is a monumental organizational course correction this will be the armpit of pro hockey until the day the Pegulas are no longer owners.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

I’d still need a couple prospects/picks thrown in there but Boston is my least favorite Jack destination for obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, Curt said:

What is DFL?

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Erikson just shot almost double his career sh% average. 

Fiala might Reinhart-esque in terms of production. Fiala will be 25 to start next season meaning he has a 3 year window opening. 

Neither of them are anywhere close to Eichel in terms of potential production and if the ROR trade taught us anything don't expect to re-coup a player like ROR or Eichel in the aggregate. It doesn't work. 

Which is why organizations generally don't trade away franchise type players.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

That's why if we are left with Boston or eating his salary then Eichel better be ready to sit around for 4 years.

The time is definitely  now to trade him 

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes. That is the thought.  I wouldn’t trade him to Boston just out of spite.  

Hopefully he goes west LA or ducks  Where they don't talk about hockey

13 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I think you're right but hope you're wrong.

• Thanks (+1) 1