Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hes not a player we need hes already worn out his welcome in Calgary i dont want a player thats  Immature we don't need that with this young group

Go find me another top 6 physical forward that is available to acquire. 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Krueger had a bigger role in Personnel Decisions this offseason after Botterill was fired. Think Cody Eakin

Rossi was higher on Botterill’s Board then Quinn. 

Pegula loved the 52 goals Quinn Scored, I believe they differed to what ownership wanted. 

I can't with this  Organization  anymore.

Things like this just piss you

If Your Target is Calgary, Elias Lindholm should be targeted over Tkatchuk. He can play 1C for a year or two, then slide into a 2C or Top Six RW position. 

If they want both Eichel and Reinhart, then the Return is Lindholm, Tkatchuk, Zary, Pelletier and a couple of high draft picks.

Remember Trevling is in a more desperate position than Adams 

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If you’re rebuilding a guy like him is exactly who you want.

How ? Hes  Already teaching his teammates to do stupid  Immature things and you think that will help us ?

I would take him if he wasn't so  Immature and didn't make everything about himself 

One bad Apple could spoil the bunch

Edited by Buffalonill

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

If Your Target is Calgary, Elias Lindholm should be targeted over Tkatchuk. He can play 1C for a year or two, then slide into a 2C or Top Six RW position. 

If they want both Eichel and Reinhart, then the Return is Lindholm, Tkatchuk, Zary, Pelletier and a couple of high draft picks.

That right there will make us that "team " good enough for the race but will never win 

I had  Enough of that in 2007 - 2012 

56 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How ? Hes  Already teaching his teammates to do stupid  Immature things and you think that will help us ?

I would take him if he wasn't so  Immature and didn't make everything about himself 

One bad Apple could spoil the bunch

Your obsession with his character weirds me out a little bit. He’s a young player. Of course he’s done some stupid stuff.

57 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I agree Lindholm should be a target. I also think a top six centered by Eichel and Lindholm would be a gorgeous thing to gaze upon.

21 minutes ago, Hoss said:

When I look at an Eichel deal I want it to include at least one (preferably two) pieces that we would not have any reasonable means of acquiring if Jack weren’t in the deal.

This is a nice reasonable approach.  Not sure where you draw the line of that though.

52 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If you’re rebuilding a guy like him is exactly who you want.

I also have reservations about Tkachuk.  I like the style of hockey he plays but he occasionally does questionable stuff, and I have serious doubts about his intentions regarding his contract.  I think a year from now you are staring down the barrel of a gun with him, like Buffalo is with Reinhart right now.  He can just go to arbitration, grab a 1 year deal, then it’s UFA in the 2023 offseason.  He has purposefully set himself up for that scenario.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Your obsession with his character weirds me out a little bit. He’s a young player. Of course he’s done some stupid stuff.

I agree Lindholm should be a target. I also think a top six centered by Eichel and Lindholm would be a gorgeous thing to gaze upon.

When you have zero  Leaders on the team it's a problem  We shouldn't want his bad habits rubbing off on the young guys

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Krueger had a bigger role in Personnel Decisions this offseason after Botterill was fired. Think Cody Eakin

Rossi was higher on Botterill’s Board then Quinn. 

Pegula loved the 52 goals Quinn Scored, I believe they differed to what ownership wanted. 

"They" being Adams and Krueger? So Pegula picked our first rounder? And Rutherford didn't come? Isn't all of that really unusual - for the owner to make the first round selections in hockey? Someone tell me how that means we aren't screwed?

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

"They" being Adams and Krueger? So Pegula picked our first rounder? And Rutherford didn't come? Isn't all of that really unusual - for the owner to make the first round selections in hockey? Someone tell me how that means we aren't screwed?

Didn't he pick your quarterback ? 

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Oh the Sabres could have had that starting in 2018-19 if a signing bonus was paid 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Apparently, but I'm not from Buffalo I only follow the Bills casually 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Oh the Sabres could have had that starting in 2018-19 if a signing bonus was paid 

The ROR trade itself (never getting to see Eichel with a proper centre behind him) has every widening ramifications 

Not being able to see him with such is imo a big part of why the road has led to him being dealt, too 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

"They" being Adams and Krueger? So Pegula picked out first rounder? And Rutherford didn't come? Isn't all of that really unusual - for the owner to make the first round selections in hockey? Someone tell me how that means we aren't screwed?

Rutherford’s Contract is not up yet and he resigned unlike Karmanos who was fired. 

Krueger heavily influenced the Pegulas after this past summer.

The Pegulas are heavily involved in Hockey Related Decisions, they are the owners it’s Their Pejorative to do so. 

The Bills Brain Trust has the ability to push back on player matters. (Terry confirmed this Himself on Kim’s Bills Podcast) 

Will Adams and Karmanos develop the same ability remains to be seen

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Apparently, but I'm not from Buffalo I only follow the Bills casually 

The ROR trade itself (never getting to see Eichel with a proper centre behind him) has every widening ramifications 

Not being able to see him with such is imo a big part of why the road has led to him being dealt, too 

The other offers that we rumored were 

Carolina: Lindholm, Skinner and Picks exchanging 

Montreal Danualt, Poehling and a Second. 

The biggest.cluster was not realizing that the Team Drafted its 2C in 2nd Overall in 2014

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

No. Beane is in control over at OBD. Pegulas had a big obsession with Trubisky predraft in his draft year but they went in a different direction despite that.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Rutherford’s Contract is not up yet and he resigned unlike Karmanos who was fired. 

Krueger heavily influenced the Pegulas after this past summer.

The Pegulas are heavily involved in Hockey Related Decisions, they are the owners it’s Their Pejorative to do so. 

The Bills Brain Trust has the ability to push back on player matters. (Terry confirmed this Himself on Kim’s Bills Podcast) 

Will Adams and Karmanos develop the same ability remains to be seen

In your opinion, rank these three in terms of the say they had in the Quinn selection:

Pegula, Adams, Krueger

6 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Man this is just, so cringe. Ownership is like some sad dude trying to get his ex back or something. 

This is exactly what they should be doing. If they want to get good value for him, they need to make him look like a god.