Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

Not a lot in the way of prospects of interest and nothing up the middle so it’s a tough match but Connor, Pionk and Ehlers are some names that come to mind.

Perfetti, Connor, Pionk and a 1st for Jack and Risto.

I’m actually a little curious what the board’s feeling is on this proposal

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I might go for that, although I would prefer getting a centre as well.  What would we need to add to get, say, Appleton?  @Ducky?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Yep but he pretty much built that team. Still helps having a good GM

My point was really that while Yzerman did build most (if not all) of it, a fair amount of those players resigned/signed when he wasn't the GM anymore.

Gourde, Maroon, Paquette, Point, Coburn, Vasilevskiy to name a few

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ducky said:

What would it take from the Jets?

Scheif and Helle are off the table.

You said like two weeks ago that you'd trade Scheifele for Jack hands down. What changed your mind?

Edit, May 11 -

"You'd trade them straight up?

Scheif has the better contract but JE is younger and better.

I'd make the trade in a heartbeat.

Play him with KC and Ehlers with no A or C on his sweater and he probably scores close to 100 points...as long as we upgrade our D and coach.

Scheif and Maurice for Eichel!" - Ducky (won't let me quote the post)

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Should get Scheifele instead of Connor

Otherwise I don't particularly like it 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I might go for that, although I would prefer getting a centre as well.  What would we need to add to get, say, Appleton?  @Ducky?

Perfetti is a center, ftr 

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You said like two weeks ago that you'd trade Scheifele for Jack hands down. What changed your mind?

Edit, May 11 -

Play him with KC and Ehlers with no A or C on his sweater and he probably scores close to 100 points...as long as we upgrade our D and coach.

You’re not getting Scheifele in the deal unless it’s basically a one-for-one. He’s already a PPG+ center so he has a TON of value. I’m not interested in such a deal because it just makes us older up the middle.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Often projected to wing at the NHL level though fwiw

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You’re not getting Scheifele in the deal unless it’s basically a one-for-one. He’s already a PPG+ center so he has a TON of value. I’m not interested in such a deal because it just makes us older up the middle.

Ya I've mentioned that one-for-one before. I'd definitely rather get Scheifele back than a package where the best piece is turcotte 

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

Basically the same deal. Risto doesn’t really add much to these Deals.

I'd probably do it if it were Rhino and not Risto.

3 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Apples hasn't played center for us. He pretty much plays on Lowry's right wing. I wouldn't be interested in Risto in that proposal. I would be if it were Rhino.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Edit, May 11 -

Just wondering what it would take without Scheif involved in the deal. I'd still trade Scheif straight up for Eichel in a heartbeat.

KC Eichel Ehlers would be one of the best lines in the league.

13 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'd probably do it if it were Rhino and not Risto.

No chance. That’s far too much. Reinhart has real value in that deal so it wouldn’t make sense to pair him and Eichel when you should be getting close to that deal with Eichel alone.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Indeed though he played and produced as a center in the AHL already.

From what I hear his skating is vastly improved and he really developed well on the Moose. He played center and got the player of the month in April? I think.

No way in the world do we give up a 1st, Scheif, Pionk (our best D this year) and Perfetti for Jack and Risto.

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No chance. That’s far too much. Reinhart has real value in that deal so it wouldn’t make sense to pair him and Eichel when you should be getting close to that deal with Eichel alone.

Like you said, Risto adds nothing to the deal.

KC 38g in 72 games last year and 26 in 56 this year while enduring his longest slump in the pros. I believe he has the 4th or 5th most goals in the last 4 years. KC is the reason Chevy could afford to trade Laine's goals away. This is his 2nd year of a 50m over 7 year contract.

Pionk 45 pts in 72 games last year and 32 in 54 this year. He was paired with the anchor that is Forbort for the great majority of the season. Our best D this year and a RFA after this year. 3m AAV the last two years.

Perfetti will play on the Jets next year if not allowed to play in the AHL. Probably a future 1C for us but for sure a 2C.

The first is a first not much to say really. Picking around 18th I think.

Too much in my books.

Edited by Ducky

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Just wondering what it would take without Scheif involved in the deal. I'd still trade Scheif straight up for Eichel in a heartbeat.

KC Eichel Ehlers would be one of the best lines in the league.

One of Connor/Ehlers, along with Copp, and Perfetti.  Maybe?

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Like you said, Risto adds nothing to the deal.

KC 38g in 72 games last year and 26 in 56 this year while enduring his longest slump in the pros. I believe he is the 4th or 5th most goals in the last 4 years. KC is the reason Chevy could afford to trade Laine's goals away. This is his 2nd year of a 50m over 7 year contract.

Pionk 45 pts in 72 games last year and 32 in 54 this year. Our best D this year and a RFA after this year. 3m AAV the last two years.

Perfetti will play on the Jets next year if not allowed to play in the AHL. Probably a future 1C for us but for sure a 2C.

The first is a first not much to say really. Picking around 18th I think.

Too much in my books.

Yea I do think the Jets are probably giving slightly too much in the deal so the Sabres would have to add. Could likely either just drop the first or put our second in the deal along with another body like Olofsson.

Be careful.  19 year old prospects don’t always work like that.  

• Like (+1) 2

KC, Copp and Perfetti? I'd have to think long and hard but I'd probably do it.

I’d consider this but I’m really interested in Pionk if possible. Maybe make it a Reinhart deal instead of an Eichel deal. Reinhart and Risto for Copp, Pionk and a 1st or prospect.

Edited by Hoss

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Be careful.  19 year old prospects don’t always work like that.  

I know they don't but I trust the organization not to rush him and to develop him properly.

Scheif was drafted in 2011 and didn't really play until the 13-14 season. Laine is the only player I can think of off the top of my head that made the team straight out of the draft.

Just now, Ducky said:

KC, Copp and Perfetti? I'd have to think long and hard but I'd probably do it.

I feel the same.  Which means it’s probably close to realistic.  The money isn’t too far off either.  $10M for Jack vs $9.4M for KC+Copp (more after Copp’s raise.)

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’d consider this but I’m really interested in Pionk if possible. Maybe make it a Reinhart deal instead of an Eichel deal. Reinhart and Risto for Copp, Pionk and a 1st or prospect.

No interest whatsoever in Risto. Rhino would have to be extended for around 5 years if he is included in a major deal. 

Also, trading Pionk leaves a gaping hole on the right side of D. We haven't got over losing Buff, Trouba and Myers in one off season yet.

37 minutes ago, Ducky said:

No interest whatsoever in Risto. Rhino would have to be extended for around 5 years if he is included in a major deal. 

Also, trading Pionk leaves a gaping hole on the right side of D. We haven't got over losing Buff, Trouba and Myers in one off season yet.

Someone would definitely trade for Reinhart considering his current contract situation.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Someone would definitely trade for Reinhart considering his current contract situation.

I am sure they would. You'd get a ton for him even at the TD.

I wouldn't give up a lot unless he extended though.