Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

To Buffalo: Marco Rossi, Matthew Boldy, Kevin Fiala, Matt Dumba

To Minnesota: Jack Eichel

Who says no?

My first reaction was no because I want a first round pick in there but the more I look at this the more I think it hurts us just enough and hurts Minnesota just enough. AKA it isn't hell yes! from either side but it isn't a no either. This might be in that sweet spot. 

Also Marco Rossi has a shot at being an Eichel level player. Don't know if he will but there's at least a chance. 

• Like (+1) 2

More or less agreed. I really don't want to move Eichel as I don't think giving up the best player in a trade is generally a path to success. I do think, though, it's probably a pretty fair deal if you're not really sure who says no. 

Just now, fiftyone said:

More or less agreed. I really don't want to move Eichel as I don't think giving up the best player in a trade is generally a path to success. I do think, though, it's probably a pretty fair deal if you're not really sure who says no. 

Others may feel different but Rossi really tips that trade for me. It makes me begrudgingly accept moving Jack. 

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Erikson just shot almost double his career sh% average. 

Fiala might Reinhart-esque in terms of production. Fiala will be 25 to start next season meaning he has a 3 year window opening. 

Neither of them are anywhere close to Eichel in terms of potential production and if the ROR trade taught us anything don't expect to re-coup a player like ROR or Eichel in the aggregate. It doesn't work. 

Right. And we also can't do what Botterill did, and pretend that we can take Fiala and Ekiksson Ek's production and plop it right down into the Sabres lineup. It'll go down, just like the production of players removed for a low talent team have their production generally go up (see: Hall)

What we'll get is an Eriksson Ek who puts up 30 in 82 rather than 30 in 56, and we'll be trading an Eichel that produces more on other teams than he has here 

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Others may feel different but Rossi really tips that trade for me. It makes me begrudgingly accept moving Jack. 

Love Rossi.  Worry a little bit about what he went through with Covid and if it will have any long term effects on him.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Right. And we also can't do what Botterill did, and pretend that we can take Fiala and Ekiksson Ek's production and plop it right down into the Sabres lineup. It'll go down, just like the production of players removed for a low talent team have their production generally go up (see: Hall)

What we'll get is an Eriksson Ek who puts up 30 in 82 rather than 30 in 56, and we'll be trading an Eichel that produces more on other teams than he has here 

I agree when trading Eichel you likely won't get his production from one singular player unless we unearth another Forsberg like Quebec/Colorado did in trading Lindros yet that's why you try and get a combination of players to make a more complete team. I mean look at Briere he did produce at a higher level until he came here. It's possible Erikkson-El puts it all together and becomes a 1C here if not we still have Reino that might be coming into his own and a developing Cozens. Yet Erikkson is better than Mittlestadt and Fiala is better than Okoposo. Boldy could be than Girgenson etc. 

29 minutes ago, Curt said:

Love Rossi.  Worry a little bit about what he went through with Covid and if it will have any long term effects on him.

Not saying I like the trade, I don't, but perhaps the uncertainty around Rossi is exactly what us allows us to get "full" value in the deal as it offsets Eichel's availability concern, to an extent 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Not saying I like the trade, I don't, but perhaps the uncertainty around Rossi is exactly what us allows us to get "full" value in the deal as it offsets Eichel's availability concern, to an extent 

If buffalo didn't want rossi last year why would they trade for him 

15 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Is that your glasses or your aunt?

My aunt's 

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I just think the wild have a average players that wont  Push the needle for us

They have some great players tbh but I too admit to falling into the trap of associating "Minnesota Wild" to "boring and defensive", in much the same way I associate "defense and running game" to the Pittsburgh Steelers, as we had been talking about in another thread, even though those concepts don't necessarily apply lately. We always need to struggle to update those "defaults". 

1 hour ago, fiftyone said:

To Buffalo: Marco Rossi, Matthew Boldy, Kevin Fiala, Matt Dumba

To Minnesota: Jack Eichel

Who says no?

Dumba kind of makes me want to say no. He has been on the trade block for multiple years now and hasn't exactly impressed; plus his contract is nearly up.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

If buffalo didn't want rossi last year why would they trade for him 

This is like saying the Rangers didn’t want Byfield.

It’s possible to like someone, yet still like someone else better.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Kevyn Adams seemed so over-the-top happy making that off-the-board selection I'd imagine they lost a good deal of sight of the value of the other players surrounding. Didn't they say they "fell in love with" with him while going over the draft notes? (and Botterill is said to have been targetting Rossi). They actively found reasons to not go with Botterill's guy, my gut tells me they won't make a trade of Jack where he's the highest value piece. Could be wrong, but Adams to this day blaming injuries for the goalies and them saying they'll "monitor" the goalie situation doesn't give me much hope for their ability to re-evaluate their thinking. 

This entire post is guesswork, but, I really don't like the vibe I get from KA. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Yeah this is buffalo you're talking about the same team that passed on chychrun,mcavoy,sergachv

Still to this day i cant understand why they passed on chychrun when  hes your next door neighbour i hate these owners

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah this is buffalo you're talking about the same team that passed on chychrun,mcqvoy,sergachv

Still to this day i cant understand why they passed on chychrun when  hes your next door neighbour i hate these owners

Can’t believe you spelled Chychrun right but the other two wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1