Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

“Still” is an interesting choice of words.

I would say his contract makes him a less valuable asset than either, but that is entirely based on projection; right now, he is a much better player.

D+1 Tkachuk 76 13/35/48

D+1 Lafreniere 56 12/9/21

D+1 Byfield 6 0/1/1

D+1 Eichel 78 24/32/56

D+ Reinhart 9 0/1/1

Reinhart’s career highs are 25 goals and 65 points, Eichel’s are 36 and 82, Tkachuk’s 34 and 77.

Minnesota could be in the mix and heard Fiala and Dumba 

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I like that, but my eyes follow the trend line. 

Jack's go the other way. As do Sam's, generally

It's not that drastic, and he has been healthy which is good

So your trepidation on Tkachuk is this season? Because I don’t think his 61 in 69 last year was a significant drop-off. And his bad year this year was much better than Jack’s.

With Tkachuk, I’m more concerned of his attitude. He seems to be a far more selfish and divisive personality than Jack has ever been.

Edited by dudacek

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So your trepidation on Tkachuk is this season? Because I don’t think his 61 in 69 last year was a significant drop-off. And his bad year this year was much better than Jack’s.

With Tkachuk, I’m more concerned of his attitude. He seems to be a far more selfish and divisive personality than Jack has ever been.

Well, he went from a 79 point pace, to a 72 point pace to a 60 point pace. And the 60 was in the high scoring North. He's lost 24% of his production over the last 2 seasons, and remember, this is relative to the asset we'd hypothetically be moving him for: Eichel's trend line consistently up since his rookie year until his short, heavily injury plagued stretch to start this season. Reinhart's line has gone up every year except last. 

I disagree outright that Jack's year this year was worse than Tkachuk's, at all, never mind Tkachuk's year being "much" better, unless you are solely viewing through the prism of injury disappointment. Jack was playing at a 70 point pace, 10 more than Tkachuk. 

And that was a banged up Eichel. I know we look at goals a lot but getting power on his shot looked to be one of the things he was struggling with most. He found other ways to contribute. Led the team in assists for the lion's share of the year even though he went out so early.

Jack's defensive metrics were also very solid

And we can't forget that when looking at the other end and their best seasons, Jack played at a 94 point pace last season, and Tkachuk's best was that 79 two seasons ago. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I had my ear to the ground earlier, and I verified that the rumor is solid and verified by Jimmy Blacktop, Johnny Concrete and Joey Greengrass. 

Sounds like some good sources.

Don't listen to Jared Crabgrass though, he's the Eklund of their group.

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Minnesota could be in the mix and heard Fiala and Dumba 

Hopefully there is a lot more ands included in that deal, that’s not nearly enough. 

Erikson-Ek and Krill are off limits, but Rossi should not be 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Hopefully there is a lot more ands included in that deal, that’s not nearly enough. 

Taking Dumba is almost solving a problem for Minnesota.  They are probably going to have to expose him in the expansion draft.

Rossi, Boldy, and Addison would need to be discussed.

Edited by Curt

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

Chicago is a major metropolis, as is Philly. Pittsburgh is a well ran organization with Sidney Crosby. I don’t think players have a desire to play in Columbus. Detroit is an original six team headed by Stevie Y. Minneapolis is one of the biggest hockey cities in the US, but I still don’t think players are clamoring to go there. 

I am not talking about playing in Buffalo, for Buffalo.  The comment was made that Marchand hates coming to Buffalo.  I am talking about visiting for one night to play a game.  

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

And I thought this would be a boring off season , this is fun 😛

Did you watch the Bruins and Caps last night?   That was fun.  I would rather have a strong contending team and watch the best hockey - playoff hockey.  We deserve better than a 10 year rebuild that still isn’t a rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Did you watch the Bruins and Caps last night?   That was fun.  I would rather have a strong contending team and watch the best hockey - playoff hockey.  We deserve better than a 10 year rebuild that still isn’t a rebuild. 

It won't get any better trading Eichel, even if we get a decent return. Free agents will not want to come to a team that always loses and trades ROR and Eichel.... not a good look that your best players don't want to play there and you can't give them a good reason to want to stay.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

No interest in a deal with Minnesota. They don’t have the pieces. Even if Eriksson-Ek were on the table.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Tampa v Florida is a wild one too.

Though conventional wisdom is that we have to get a 1C back for Jack I almost wonder if we should use this opportunity as a chance to get a ton of new pieces, hear me out for a minute; trades and FA hasn’t worked out for us and it seems like drafting has been our biggest weakness the last decade. What if this is the opportunity to have a Vegas like new beginning? Front office needs to change, no more Pegula’s making choices like they’re buying hockey  cards on eBay, get a POHO and a new drafting dept. Move Jack and Risto and make sure we get an established solid goalie and a ton of gritty hard working players. Though if we have to trade Sam we’re gonna need a top six C.

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

No

Worst trade  Partners possible

Dumba, Fiala, Rossi/Boldy would be among the more attractive returns I've seen that are somewhat realistic. At least it involve players who can help us now.

Essentially, we'd add a Risto and a Reinhart to the current roster, as well as a prospect who projects to be at least as good as Quinn.

^ I too suspect that Kim has a negative influence on the decisions being made. Though some will get angry and pushback etc on that, I just don’t see how the spouse of an owner being so involved could be a good thing. I also think she’s been behind other FO decisions about what the team does that I won’t get into here. 

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Dumba, Fiala, Rossi/Boldy would be among the more attractive returns I've seen that are somewhat realistic. At least it involve players who can help us now.

Essentially, we'd add a Risto and a Reinhart to the current roster, as well as a prospect who projects to be at least as good as Quinn.

So lets take all the players we should have drafted for free and give them our franchise center 

Is everyone sick of trading with the wild ? Not one good thing came from them 

37 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Though conventional wisdom is that we have to get a 1C back for Jack I almost wonder if we should use this opportunity as a chance to get a ton of new pieces, hear me out for a minute; trades and FA hasn’t worked out for us and it seems like drafting has been our biggest weakness the last decade. What if this is the opportunity to have a Vegas like new beginning? Front office needs to change, no more Pegula’s making choices like they’re buying hockey  cards on eBay, get a POHO and a new drafting dept. Move Jack and Risto and make sure we get an established solid goalie and a ton of gritty hard working players. Though if we have to trade Sam we’re gonna need a top six C.

They aren't interested in a PoHO.

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So lets take all the players we should have drafted for free and give them our franchise center 

Is everyone sick of trading with the wild ? Not one good thing came from them 

Any Wild trade starts with Rossi. I'd probably need Boldy as well from the prospect pool if the Wild are actually serious. 

I don’t think they are interested in a POHO either, or making a radical change with the owners stepping back. I just feel like this is a golden opportunity to make real substantial changes and fear that new trades will just be putting band aids on the real problems. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

That was last year ? News came out  That they wanted to get help and thats when all the rumors started and Jason karmanos happened .

So i dont believe that 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

That was last year ? News came out  That they wanted to get help and thats when all the rumors started and Jason karmanos happened .

So i dont believe that 

Okay. Then don't believe it but the fact they let the GM hire an AGM before a PoHO was brought in tells me all I need to know. If they wanted a PoHO there would be one by now. There would also be leaks about if they were searching for one. 

Literally gave you a news article that says "no they don't want that" and your response was "i don't beleive that"