Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

‘Hey Treliving, Jack has no interest in playing in Calgary. He might not report.”

”Hey Guerin, if you trade for Jack, I’m going to see you get squeezed so hard on the Kaprizov contract.

”Hey Murray, Jack’s not budging on the surgery thing. It’ll be next year before he laces them up. He may never be the same.”

”Hey McCrimmon, you didn’t hear it from me, but Jack ain’t the kinda guy you want in Sin City. You thinkKane has issues...”

“Hey Drury, the fact if the matter is that  Jack doesn’t need surgery.”

Not saying any of things are actually happening, just illustrating the types of levers an agent has in order to get what he wants.

An agent who does things like this would lose all credibility pretty quickly around the league.   

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do you really think he's doing himself any favors?

No I think his recent post was kinda stupid - but it’s just social media. It’s like a subjective art form so to each their own I guess. His only tweets are a roast of a media member (I’m good with it) and this new one.

Whether he’s done himself any favours I guess depends on what he’s trying to achieve. In terms of public perception? I’d say it probably had/has a (small) negative affect, re: the few stragglers remaining undecided 

- - - 

I should add that I’m not even comfortable hypothesizing the scenario in my mind where Eichel and his crew are going around concocting an Eichel to the Big Apple master plan. Eichel wants out. Kevyn Adams still made the initial choice. 

Edited by Thorny

5 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I know someone who has a senior position in an NHL FO (none of the teams involved in Jack), and told me that Mr. Bettman and his cronies will definitely be involved in a case of someone of Jack's stature, especially if there is a question of how soon he returns to the ice.

Bettman & Co. have a vested interested in Jack being happy and on the ice ASAP

I’d believe this if the league ever did anything to highlight and promote its stars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

I’d believe this if the league ever did anything to highlight and promote its stars.

You're reading this too narrowly. It may not have anything to do with "promoting stars," as you would interpret that. It could merely be those close to the commissioner, etc., having more influence on the situation than people realize. It could also involve the commissioner shaping things according to whatever particular vision he has (which you may or may not perceive as "promoting stars"). He has the power to do this surreptitiously, and has people more than willing to help him carry it out.

You don't have to believe me, but I choose to believe someone who's worked in several franchise front offices for over the past decade +.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

I'm suggesting that Jack's team is doing what it can to get Jack to New York.

Yes you could be on to something.  Jack’s agents is buddies with Drury.  The whole Jack is in “trade conversations” topic started with the Rangers just as Adams was coming on board and before the injury.  Adams denied that he approached them, but said teams call and talk about players all the time.  Then the neck injury “disconnect”.  That is Jack’s ticket out. 

As for the tweet -  I don’t understand why an adult, a veteran hockey player, and a team captain, has to tweet silly childish crap.  Jack may be living up to being the immature punk that you hear about whenever you talk to Sabres Alumni and PSE employees. 

Let him sit out the year if it comes to that.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

That's not how it works.  They have absolutely no control over where he's traded to... and KA is standing firm as he should.   He's in full control of when and where he gets moved, there is no pressure on him whatsoever.

You are correct on how it works but there is an appearance that the Rangers are courting him.  Rangers rumors started before the neck injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I know someone who has a senior position in an NHL FO (none of the teams involved in Jack), and told me that Mr. Bettman and his cronies will definitely be involved in a case of someone of Jack's stature, especially if there is a question of how soon he returns to the ice.

Bettman & Co. have a vested interested in Jack being happy and on the ice ASAP

I could see the league being unhappy with two of its premiere players in the two most invisible markets. Eichel in NYC is a marketing opportunity. If Gary wants it bad enough make it worth our while.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I could see the league being unhappy with two of its premiere players in the two most invisible markets. Eichel in NYC is a marketing opportunity. If Gary wants it bad enough make it worth our while.

True.

Another part of the equation (which, frankly, we are not privy to) is whether Jack playing for another team would get Jack on the ice sooner. As far as getting risky surgery, as my contact put it: don't count on the NHL to do the thing that's best for the player, but rather, best for the NHL.

At the same time, of course, the NHL does not want Jack Eichel's career to end early, but from what I've heard, many in the field think the disk replacement is a viable option.

6 hours ago, Jävə Keith said:

Spoiled entitled brat showing his immaturity and why he is a self-centered anti-leadership captain.  Each passing day I get more disgusted that he is on our team and our captain.  We get it, everyone is frustrated, but public displays in emoji format are juvenile at best and destructive at worst.

Let's get this trade over and done. We have a positive future to execute sans Jack-Jack.

Quite a reaction to an emoji.  Jack wants out, the Sabres want him out, why get personal , especially because an emoji. Jesus.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Quite a reaction to an emoji.  Jack wants out, the Sabres want him out, why get personal , especially because an emoji. Jesus.

Why defend his behavior? He wants out but he's making it hard on the team he's the captain of. I think he thinks he's adding pressure on Kevyn Adams. All he's doing is making himself look bad.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why defend his behavior? He wants out but he's making it hard on the team he's the captain of. I think he thinks he's adding pressure on Kevyn Adams. All he's doing is making himself look bad.

because his behavior hasn't been that bad. He hasn't said anything publicly since the end of season, the sabres apparently have been looking to trade him for 2 seasons now and they're having a disagreement on treatment. Oh and the Sabres organization sucks.  He certainly isn't trying to look good, but he's been quiet. The Sabres have messed up everything they've touched for 10 years now. I blame them for everything.

It's a frickin sad emoji face. Be serious.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos1963 said:

because his behavior hasn't been that bad. He hasn't said anything publicly since the end of season, the sabres apparently have been looking to trade him for 2 seasons now and they're having a disagreement on treatment. Oh and the Sabres organization sucks.  He certainly isn't trying to look good, but he's been quiet. The Sabres have messed up everything they've touched for 10 years now. I blame them for everything.

It's a frickin sad emoji face. Be serious.

Prove that statement. Please. Show us how you know this. Seems more likely Eichel’s agents are trying to get him moved.  Adams said “teams” have talked to him about “players” at the time of the Eichel/Rangers rumors.  

And yes, the Sabres organization has become a joke.  We know that.  

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Prove that statement. Please. Show us how you know this. Seems more likely Eichel’s agents are trying to get him moved.  Adams said “teams” have talked to him about “players” at the time of the Eichel/Rangers rumors.  

And yes, the Sabres organization has become a joke.  We know that.  

Thank you. So tired of posters saying definitive statements when they have no definitive facts to back it up. Don't need to do that to emphasize what we already know about this franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This whole emoji thing says a lot more, at least to me, then if Jackie actually spoke words.

It is NOT a meh emoji.  It's NOT a sad emoji.  I think all these emoji things are kind of dumb.

That said, Jackie was very deliberate in choosing which emoji he used ... unamuzed.  Again, to me, that speaks volumns.

I was firmly in the keep little Johnny and patch things up.  Now I want him out of here on the first train.  At this point I just don't care what the Sabres get back.  I would sweeten the deal just to have some team take this jackass off our hands ........ not really, but I don't care much for what is coming back.  Just get the best deal you can KA and be done with it.

I know it's dumb to react this way to a stupid emoji, but it's the last straw.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

12 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

True.

Another part of the equation (which, frankly, we are not privy to) is whether Jack playing for another team would get Jack on the ice sooner. As far as getting risky surgery, as my contact put it: don't count on the NHL to do the thing that's best for the player, but rather, best for the NHL.

At the same time, of course, the NHL does not want Jack Eichel's career to end early, but from what I've heard, many in the field think the disk replacement is a viable option.

The NHL is not owned and operated as Gary Bettman sees fit.  The NHL is owned by the owners, and they approve league decisions.  They employ Bettman.

I doubt many owners would be ok with Bettman taking steps to push a star player to a big market.

29 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This whole emoji thing says a lot more, at least to me, then if Jackie actually spoke words.

It is NOT a meh emoji.  It's NOT a sad emoji.  I think all these emoji things are kind of dumb.

That said, Jackie was very deliberate in choosing which emoji he used ... unamuzed.  Again, to me, that speaks volumns.

I was firmly in the keep little Johnny and patch things up.  Now I want him out of here on the first train.  At this point I just don't care what the Sabres get back.  I would sweeten the deal just to have some team take this jackass off our hands ........ not really, but I don't care much for what is coming back.  Just get the best deal you can KA and be done with it.

How do you know how deliberate he was about anything? What if he was referring to Red Sox plummeting and losing to the Yankees.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, tom webster said:

How do you know how deliberate he was about anything? What if he was referring to Red Sox plummeting and losing to the Yankees.

This is the thing. Jack knows people are gonna be all over anything he posts looking for meaning. He's trolling and it's funny. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, tom webster said:

You, of course, are right.  I don't know.  My reaction is pure emotion and it makes no sense logically, but it is how I feel.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You, of course, are right.  I don't know.  My reaction is pure emotion and it makes no sense logically, but it is how I feel.

In a way, I envy you and those so emotionally wrapped up in things like this. I don’t understand it, but at times I wish I did. Enjoy your weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

When it gets to the point that the posting of an emoji becomes the last straw motivating someone to do something that may not be in one's best interest then we have entered the realm of irrationality. Is the emoji a signal that Jack doesn't want to be here? If it does, so what! That's already known. Just as it is already known that the organization wants to move on from him. You don't need to look for hidden meanings when the parties involved are upfront with their intentions. 

There are plenty of reasons to criticize the organization. How they are handling the Jack situation is not one of them. They are not responding to the commotion (perceived or real) from the other side. They will make a deal when it is the right deal. If it can't be done sooner, then it will be done later. 

This is the period of time in the offseason prior to training where there isn't much happening. The imaginations and conspiracies are running amok. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, tom webster said:

In a way, I envy you and those so emotionally wrapped up in things like this. I don’t understand it, but at times I wish I did. Enjoy your weekend.

I'm not really all that wrapped up in it.  It's more that I am just sick and tired of all the nonsense and just want to get on with it.  And thanks.  You too.

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When it gets to the point that the posting of an emoji becomes the last straw motivating someone to do something that may not be in one's best interest then we have entered the realm of irrationality. Is the emoji a signal that Jack doesn't want to be here? If it does, so what! That's already known. Just as it is already known that the organization wants to move on from him. You don't need to look for hidden meanings when the parties involved are upfront with their intentions. 

There are plenty of reasons to criticize the organization. How they are handling the Jack situation is not one of them. They are not responding to the commotion (perceived or real) from the other side. They will make a deal when it is the right deal. If it can't be done sooner, then it will be done later. 

This is the period of time in the offseason prior to training where there isn't much happening. The imaginations and conspiracies are running amok. 

I am just tired of all of it.  It's emotional, but with my recent post it's like a weight has been lifted and I am at ease again.  I'm just going to relax and wait for the season to start.  Whatever happens will happen.

• Like (+1) 1