Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

45 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So I guess his neck isn’t any better? 

Actually maybe he had a recheck and they said it *is* better; so good in fact that they've decided he doesn't need surgery after all, but needs another several months of rest to make sure.

'

57 minutes ago, Digger said:

or Columbus

That wouldn't be all that bad, I'm not sure why Columbus gets such a bad reputation.

Have they won anything big? No,  But they have made the playoffs 5 of the last 8 seasons which is a LOT better than the Sabres.

The Arena isn't brand new anymore, but its pretty nice ( I have been there twice). And the location "the Arena district" is great also (filled with bars and restaurants) A few blocks away is High street, which is like Chippewa at its best times 3. Its a growing city that is at least double the size of Buffalo.  Honestly, as a younger player it is far from the last place you would want to play your career in.

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

That wouldn't be all that bad, I'm not sure why Columbus gets such a bad reputation.

Have they won anything big? No,  But they have made the playoffs 5 of the last 8 seasons which is a LOT better than the Sabres.

The Arena isn't brand new anymore, but its pretty nice ( I have been there twice). And the location "the Arena district" is great also (filled with bars and restaurants) A few blocks away is High street, which is like Chippewa at its best times 3. Its a growing city that is at least double the size of Buffalo.  Honestly, as a younger player it is far from the last place you would want to play your career in.

To each their own but on a whole I’d imagine Columbus is well into the bottom 10 of NHL cities players would want to go to. They’ve swung big on players many times just to see them want out within two years.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

While true for some players (I believe it was Nathan Horton who said he wanted to go there), most want the 'Big City, luxury lifestyle' from the NY's & LA's. While Buffalo and Columbus may have scenes that 'common folk' find nice and think is attractive, for someone young and making millions, its not the same. I beleive it was Horton that said he chose Colombus as one of his top choices because he wanted to play in a smaller market where he can live with his family and take his kids out to the Zoo without being noticed or mobbed like a player might get in a big hockey market.

39 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

4. College girls. (Or boys. It's all good.)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It's "Meh" on SS.

Not really.

It's the unamuzed emoji.  So, by using it Jackie is making it known that he is disguntled with something.  I think we can all guess what.  I have had it up to here with Jackie boy.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
goodlyer ...
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

To each their own but on a whole I’d imagine Columbus is well into the bottom 10 of NHL cities players would want to go to. They’ve swung big on players many times just to see them want out within two years.

My comment was more about the state of the team rather than living there.  I don't know exactly where Columbus is going next season.  They need to try and resurrect Laine and I'm not sure Eichel would match well with him but you never know.  Better question was do they have a decent package to put forward for Eichel and I'm not sure that many were convinced they could (so not important to debate).