Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

27 minutes ago, Digger said:

My comment was more about the state of the team rather than living there.  I don't know exactly where Columbus is going next season.  They need to try and resurrect Laine and I'm not sure Eichel would match well with him but you never know.  Better question was do they have a decent package to put forward for Eichel and I'm not sure that many were convinced they could (so not important to debate).

They don't have much we want, kent johnson is probably their best prospect right now.

1 hour ago, Digger said:

My comment was more about the state of the team rather than living there.  I don't know exactly where Columbus is going next season.  They need to try and resurrect Laine and I'm not sure Eichel would match well with him but you never know.  Better question was do they have a decent package to put forward for Eichel and I'm not sure that many were convinced they could (so not important to debate).

The state of the team is not very good. They were terrible last year and have a strained relationship with one of their best players who they JUST acquired (Laine) and got rid of one of their other top players (Jones).

22 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The state of the team is not very good. They were terrible last year and have a strained relationship with one of their best players who they JUST acquired (Laine) and got rid of one of their other top players (Jones).

Strong between the pipes and a new coach

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Is anyone else of the opinion that the Rangers first made overtures to Adams last year because 'someone' suggested they should?

Is anyone else of the opinion that a lot of people (and one hockey player in particular) want to see Jack Eichel in New York and a lot of pressure is being exerted on and influence exercised by a lot of parties in order to try and make that happen?

Is anyone else of the opinion that these god-awful offers we have been hearing from New York are the result of a team that arrogantly thinks that Jack is theirs as long as they wait long enough and squeeze hard enough?

I hate the fact that Eichel's agent is also Chris Drury's agent.

And I wish to god that Calgary or Anaheim or Vegas or Minny could or would step up and ignore all of this insidious effort to paint Jack Eichel as broken, high risk, and not really interested in them and make the Sabres a serious offer.

Because I believe that this has become simply a staring contest between the Rangers and Adams that won't end until one blinks.

Certainly seems that way, I would pay to see the Pegulas find dirt on something and sue the Rangers to kingdom come over this entire fiasco. If I were Adams I just tell Drury to #### off like he did in 07 and find another grinder to fight Wilson

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

That wouldn't be all that bad, I'm not sure why Columbus gets such a bad reputation.

Have they won anything big? No,  But they have made the playoffs 5 of the last 8 seasons which is a LOT better than the Sabres.

The Arena isn't brand new anymore, but its pretty nice ( I have been there twice). And the location "the Arena district" is great also (filled with bars and restaurants) A few blocks away is High street, which is like Chippewa at its best times 3. Its a growing city that is at least double the size of Buffalo.  Honestly, as a younger player it is far from the last place you would want to play your career in.

I have been to tons of arenas and Nationwide is by far the nicest I've ever been to.

58 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is anyone else of the opinion that the Rangers first made overtures to Adams last year because 'someone' suggested they should?

Is anyone else of the opinion that a lot of people (and one hockey player in particular) want to see Jack Eichel in New York and a lot of pressure is being exerted on and influence exercised by a lot of parties in order to try and make that happen?

Is anyone else of the opinion that these god-awful offers we have been hearing from New York are the result of a team that arrogantly thinks that Jack is theirs as long as they wait long enough and squeeze hard enough?

And I wish to god that Calgary or Anaheim or Vegas or Minny could or would step up and ignore all of this insidious effort to paint Jack Eichel as broken, high risk, and not really interested in them and make the Sabres a serious offer.

Because I believe that this has become simply a staring contest between the Rangers and Adams that won't end until one blinks.

I say we call OJ and let him take care of things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

If you’re suggesting that Gary Bettman or someone speaking for him, is trying to do this behind the scenes, then no I am not of this opinion. 

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Even after all that pressure and embarrassment that, by total coincidence, hit the Sabres and KA all at once. This team can't even cave properly.

I don't understand this statement.  This is not caving, it's holding firm.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, sabremike said:I say we call OJ and let him take care of things.

13 hours ago, sabremike said:

I say we call OJ and let him take care of things.

Not sure OJ will be much help.  He’s been looking for Nicole’s killer for over 25 years with no success.  Starting to think it’s futile.  

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SDS said:

If you’re suggesting that Gary Bettman or someone speaking for him, is trying to do this behind the scenes, then no I am not of this opinion. 

I'm suggesting that Jack's team is doing what it can to get Jack to New York.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SDS said:

I know someone who has a senior position in an NHL FO (none of the teams involved in Jack), and told me that Mr. Bettman and his cronies will definitely be involved in a case of someone of Jack's stature, especially if there is a question of how soon he returns to the ice.

Bettman & Co. have a vested interested in Jack being happy and on the ice ASAP

Edited by erickompositör72

1 minute ago, erickompositör72 said:

I know someone who has a senior position in an NHL FO (none of the teams involved in Jack), and told me that Mr. Bettman and his cronies will definitely be involved in a case of someone of Jack's stature, especially if there is a question of how soon he returns to the ice.

Bettman & Co. have a vested interested in Jack being happy and on the ice ASAP

That is significantly different than directing which franchise he will get traded to.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I'm suggesting that Jack's team is doing what it can to get Jack to New York.

That's not how it works.  They have absolutely no control over where he's traded to... and KA is standing firm as he should.   He's in full control of when and where he gets moved, there is no pressure on him whatsoever.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

That's not how it works.  They have absolutely no control over where he's traded to... and KA is standing firm as he should.   He's in full control of when and where he gets moved, there is no pressure on him whatsoever.

‘Hey Treliving, Jack has no interest in playing in Calgary. He might not report.”

”Hey Guerin, if you trade for Jack, I’m going to see you get squeezed so hard on the Kaprizov contract.

”Hey Murray, Jack’s not budging on the surgery thing. It’ll be next year before he laces them up. He may never be the same.”

”Hey McCrimmon, you didn’t hear it from me, but Jack ain’t the kinda guy you want in Sin City. You thinkKane has issues...”

“Hey Drury, the fact if the matter is that  Jack doesn’t need surgery.”

Not saying any of things are actually happening, just illustrating the types of levers an agent has in order to get what he wants.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

‘Hey Treliving, Jack has no interest in playing in Calgary. He might not report.”

”Hey Guerin, if you trade for Jack, I’m going to see you get squeezed so hard on the Kaprizov contract.

”Hey Murray, Jack’s not budging on the surgery thing. It’ll be next year before he laces them up. He may never be the same.”

”Hey McCrimmon, you didn’t hear it from me, but Jack ain’t the kinda guy you want in Sin City. You thinkKane has issues...”

“Hey Drury, the fact if the matter is that  Jack doesn’t need surgery.”

Not saying any of things are actually happening, just illustrating the types of levers an agent has in order to get what he wants.

And if that were happening, and the only offer you get is from the Rangers and it is a bad as the rumor say, they you don't trade him. You sit him for a year. If Jack and his agent WERE making things this difficult, then YOU make things difficult for him.  Him missing a year (or more) of his career, losing that money in the prime of is career.....well if that happens he just might be open to a trade to someplace else other than the Rangers.  Either that or the Rangers will learn they would have to up their offer.

• Like (+1) 5