Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This stuff is so dumb.  At this point, I really can bring myself to believe any of it.

Apparently teams are in and out week to week.  Brooks says that agents said that Drury said that he doesn’t even like Jack that much.

Its like 13 year old girl social dynamics or something.  It’s a bunch of BS.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

This stuff is so dumb.  At this point, I really can bring myself to believe any of it.

Apparently teams are in and out week to week.  Brooks says that agents said that Drury said that he doesn’t even like Jack that much.

Agree. Yet some eat it up hook line and sinker. 
There’s a difference between being interested in Eichel. And being interested in Eichel if the asking price was reasonable in their eyes. Comments “leaked” for public consumption are suspect at best.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This may actually be not far from the truth.  If the rumoured offers from NYR are accurate (a big if) that tells me that they were, indeed, not very interested.

What NHL team would not be interested, or excited, to add a player of John's skill?  Not many, if any, would be willing to give up what he is worth in an open market and pay his salary in this cap era. Etc ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
... an hour+ after the post I finally check for not goodly typing errors
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Curt said:

Welcome to the dark side.  Dark Side Loyalty GIF by Truly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The more I hear from Drury as a GM, the more, I despise the Rangers.  This team can kick rocks.  I personally, would have loathed him going to New York. 

Edited by Rasmus_

Couple of Vegas prospect rankings:

https://sinbin.vegas/golden-knights-prospect-rankings/ (10th)

https://www.knightsonice.com/2021/7/13/22532883/golden-knights-top-25-under-25-lucas-elvenes-has-the-makings-of-an-elite-playmaker (7th)

"Elvenes projects to be a middle-six winger at the NHL level, though he has the potential to become an elite playmaker. He would be a key asset to the Golden Knights’ power play given his skillful passing and keen offensive awareness."

https://www.mckeenshockey.com/uncategorized/mckeens-2020-21-hockey-yearbook-vegas-golden-knights-top-20-prospects/ (6th)

https://thehockeywriters.com/vegas-golden-knights-prospects-2019-20-review/ (4th)

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the centerpiece for any deal with Vegas would be Peyton Krebs. 

Although Friedman reported they did not wanna part with him because they gave up Young prospects in the Ottawa and Montreal deals. Unfortunately for them if they want a bona fide Center They will have to include Krebs in the deal

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

I think it’s fair for him to count as one of four firsts, but not the centerpiece 

Is Krebs the only centerpiece for Vegas that is acceptable?  Curious if this Chad information is accurate and they are talking about secondary parts of a deal, have they come to terms that parts 1 & 2 are already agreed too? 

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

What is Krebs and Tuch are locked at 1&2. This is part 3? 

So Krebs, Tuch, Elvenes, and Reilly... and a first... 

Im probably in. I don't love it but I don't hate it as much as I though I might. 

Edited by LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Is Krebs the only centerpiece for Vegas that is acceptable?  Curious if this Chad information is accurate and they are talking about secondary parts of a deal, have they come to terms that parts 1 & 2 are already agreed too? 

I’m not sure why people are surprised that some of the framework is done and it’s just up to other team to agree to the other parts.

KA admitted he talked to Eichel’s agent twice the day of draft. They weren’t discussing the weather.

His agents have said they thought a deal would be done. They weren’t just hoping.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Krebs, Elvenes, Tuch, and Reilly... gonna depend on what the Sabres trade Reilly for at the deadline. 

Why the certainty on Tuch and Reilly?

Edited by dudacek