Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Curt said:

So, Calgary is one of the serious contenders for Eichel.  The only hold up is that Buffalo isn’t interested in the main piece that Calgary is offering.

Doesnt sound like it’s anywhere close.

Whats the rumor?  Sabres and Flames not close to Eichel trade?

The rumor is CGY is offering Tkachuk+ but the Sabres don't have great interest in Tkachuk since he wouldn't want to be here either thus leading to the hypothetical solution of a 3 Way Trade.

In the theoretical world where this is all 100% true; I cannot for the life of me come up with a way to make that work. Buffalo wants a 1C prospect and what teams trading for a 1st line winger would give that up? Secondly I'm guessing Tkachuk wants to go to St. Louis which would further damage his actual value. 

KA, string them along and use them to get Anaheim and Vegas to up their offers.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

RUMOR UPDATE 

From an "insider" on a Flames board who's verified by the mods and broke the Coleman signing, Lucic/Neal trade, and Pitlick trade.

"I have heard it from a source close to management (if you don't want to believe me, all good) that the 3 teams still seriously in on Eichel are Anaheim, Vegas, and Calgary.

As well, there is a serious rift between Tkachuk and the team. He has not been training with any of the flames this summer, and has made it very clear he wants to go to the states (ideally St. Louis).

Last year after the Muzzin incident, closed door meeting for the players, but then Tkachuk met with management and was told "we will help you fight your battles, but we're not going to fight all of them every night".

From that point on, he was described as acting "pouty" for the rest of the season (which seems obvious now given how he was playing).

The Flames are looking to move him as part of the Eichel package, since there is almost 0% chance he re-signs here next summer, but Buffalo is not that interested in him. Likely because they know he isn't signing there either.
This seems to be the hold up on the Eichel deal. If a 3rd team got involved, Tkachuk would likely end up there with more futures going to Buffalo."

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=174124&page=13

This was on hockeybuzz 

Hopefully Adams bypasses this Calgary thought altogether, and just focuses in on Vegas, and Krebs. Anaheim won't give up Zegras, so take the next best thing, and let's end this.

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Steve Duchesne

Peter Forsberg

Ron Hextall

Kerry Huffman

Mike Ricci

Chris Simon

1st round pick in 1993

1st round pick in 1994

$15 million

That looks like the makings of a Stanley Cup winner right there, yeah buddy.

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Two different players I would say  zarys calling is Cirelli type but average skating

Oh sorry. I thought Zary was some new age internet kid way of spelling Sheary. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That looks like the makings of a Stanley Cup winner right there, yeah buddy.

Pretty crazy in hindsight, right?

8 pieces, and KA is asking for 4. 

Eichel for Fox, Laf or Kakko, Strome, 1st. Done. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Steve Duchesne

Peter Forsberg

Ron Hextall

Kerry Huffman

Mike Ricci

Chris Simon

1st round pick in 1993

1st round pick in 1994

$15 million

But only after Adams trades him to the Rangers too and the NHL has to step in and figure it all out.😜

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

But only after Adams trades him to the Rangers too and the NHL has to step in and figure it all out.😜

Go ahead. Trade him to the Rags. They obviously want him, and I don’t care if they’re in the same division. 

Fox, Laf or Kakko (their choice), Strome, and a 1st. 

Eichel was 12th in scoring in the league the 2 seasons prior to the recent one. On teams that finished dead last. With no real centers behind him. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

9 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Go ahead. Trade him to the Rags. They obviously want him, and I don’t care if they’re in the same division. 

Eichel was 12th in scoring in the league the 2 seasons prior to the recent one. On teams that finished dead last. With no real centers behind him. 

Can we drop Kakko? Ill take Lafreniere or Fox instantly... and same conference, we're in the Panthers/Lightning division, it makes sense /s 

12 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Points or Goals?

He was 10th I believe in Points, not 12th

But it wasn't that long ago that Hall and Kessel were both in the top 10 in points and I doubt anyone wants to break the bank on trading for one of them.....

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Points or Goals?

He was 10th I believe in Points, not 12th

But it wasn't that long ago that Hall and Kessel were both in the top 10 in points and I doubt anyone wants to break the bank on trading for one of them.....

I'd hope a center brings more than a winger, but the Sabres' center is broken... so, equivalent of salary retained for Harrington, Kapanenn, Spaling, a 1st and 3rd. I don't like it, but the Pens won two cups after! Alternatively, equivalent of Hall is the 1st overall.

8 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I think that went over your head. When Quebec traded Lindros to Philly they also agreed to trade him to the NYR as well for a massive package that they liked better. The NHL had to step in and sort it all out. They ruled that the Philly deal was first and valid so Quebec had to take the Philly deal.

• Like (+1) 2