Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I was toying around and thinking what an Islanders trade would look like figuring Barzal would be off limits.

2022 1st + Mayfield + sorokin + Bailey + holmstrom.

Not really the best offers, that 2022 1st is most likely late -   Mayfield is good RD to replace Risto and Sorokin gives us a goalie.
Bailey is good top 6 and can help out our young centers, 

I picked holmstrom but can add in any other prospect seeing they don't have much I like, maybe push for Wahlstrom here.

Puke.  Not really a great fit at all.  Plus why are we trading him in conference for a lesser bid than what the Rags can offer.  No thanks.  Without Wahlstrom this is an EASY no. 

21 hours ago, Digger said:

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the discussion but thought I would chime in with some thoughts on an Eichel trade.

I think that Anaheim will be difficult to deal with primarily because GM Bob Murray has been stingy in the past.  Would love Zegras though and the 3OA. 

I think LA will be willing to give up Byfield and 8OA in a deal especially because Drew Doughty came out and said we want to win now.  They can't afford to wait 2-3 years for Byfield to develop.  He's also not as good as Jack.  I can see him as a future Sabre and doing well.  I think he has more upside than Alex Turcotte as a number 1 center (who I think they would like to keep as their future #2 behind Jack).

I'm thinking that Columbus is the most desperate of the teams after Jack.  They need to try and salvage the Patrick Laine trade by getting him a number 1 center.  They really don't have enough assets today in their system to make a trade work.  One thing that I hadn't seen discussed very much is a 3 team trade with Columbus getting extra assets for Seth Jones in order to make the trade happen.  Including Reinhart in the deal would allow Columbus to ship Seth Jones and Reinhart to make the deal work to get enough quality assets back.  What do you think about potentials coming from the Blackhawks, Flyers, or Avs?  I would love to get Konecny as part of a deal from the Flyers (what else?).  Kirby Dach and Reichel are very interesting from the Hawks.  Bowen Byram would be great if we could get him as part of a deal but they don't have a high draft pick.  I really believe that we need more than just futures for the returns.

Let me know your thoughts on a potential 3 team deal for Jack and Sam.

Welcome!!

A three some is always welcome around here ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

How much is that a trade is completed and they are just waiting for the end of the Final to happen so they don't upstage the league?

I have to imagine that if they aren't at 100% they are 95%.

Yep I said this last week.  They're waiting for the Finals to be over.  

I think a deal is actually 100% done but only 5 people or so know it. 

I expect it to be announced by late next week (July 15 or 16), leading us into the Expansion (July 21) and NHL draft (July 24) week.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

How much is that a trade is completed and they are just waiting for the end of the Final to happen so they don't upstage the league?

I have to imagine that if they aren't at 100% they are 95%.

It falls right in line with all of the dates. Expansion deadline, draft, Finals being over, giving a week or so for Ventura and Granato to settle in and discuss with the team...been saying it myself, next week we'll get some answers. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I am getting more and more of a feeling that the Sabres, in order to get the return they are looking for in trading Jack Eichel, are going to trade him in conference. My gut tells me that team will be Philadelphia.

Your gut is telling you this? Are you sure it’s not the tacos?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think Jack Eichel’s health status is one of the most overplayed factors in this whole scenario.

If NHL teams didn’t think it was likely Jack was going to get healthy, they wouldn’t be having serious talks about him, period.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think Jack Eichel’s health status is one of the most overplayed factors in this whole scenario.

If NHL teams didn’t think it was likely Jack was going to get healthy, they wouldn’t be having serious talks about him, period.

I think you're right that some won't entertain it, but I think others will simply play the percentages and discount their offers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I think you're right that some won't entertain it, but I think others will simply play the percentages and discount their offers.

They recipient party is going to make full use of their medical staff and consultants. As an example Anaheim wouldn't be foolish to give up Zegras or even their high pick if their medical staff had serious concerns about Jack's ability to fully recover. There is simply too much at stake to act otherwise. 

Just now, JohnC said:

They recipient party is going to make full use of their medical staff and consultants. As an example Anaheim wouldn't be foolish to give up Zegras or even their high pick if their medical staff had serious concerns about Jack's ability to fully recover. There is simply too much at stake to act otherwise. 

Of course, but I am skeptical that any medical team is going to give an "I'm highly confident that Jack is going to be at 100% in October" determination to a trading partner -- I think it's much more likely that the medical advice will be qualified with enough uncertainty as to put the GM into the land of playing the percentages.

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Of course, but I am skeptical that any medical team is going to give an "I'm highly confident that Jack is going to be at 100% in October" determination to a trading partner -- I think it's much more likely that the medical advice will be qualified with enough uncertainty as to put the GM into the land of playing the percentages.

“At October” is not really a factor, IMO. You are making a 5-year, $50 million commitment, never mind the pieces you are going to give up.

The question is “what are the odds he will make a full recovery”

You don’t make that kind of gamble unless they tell you the percentages are extraordinarily high.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Been saying this for weeks

totally agree

3rd overall while at once a poor return as the centerpiece to an Eichel deal is at the same time such an asset as to be indicative of strong confidence in injury prognosis from the other team. I don't think it's enough for Jack but it's still a huge piece. I don't think that's on the table with a huge injury concern 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

totally agree

3rd overall while at once a poor return as the centerpiece to an Eichel deal is at the same time such an asset as to be indicative of strong confidence in injury prognosis from the other team. I don't think it's enough for Jack but it's still a huge piece. I don't think that's on the table with a huge injury concern 

A 3OA in one of the worst drafts in terms of top level talent for Jack isn't just a poor return, it's trading Ron Francis for John Cullen level awful.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

totally agree

You hold onto Eichel then, there are zero acceptable scenarios in which we trade Eichel and don’t bring a multiple blue chip assets rather that be Zegras and 3OA or 8th and Byfield. 

44 minutes ago, sabremike said:

A 3OA in one of the worst drafts in terms of top level talent for Jack isn't just a poor return, it's trading Ron Francis for John Cullen level awful.

And yet, there are probably only a handful of prospects league wide that have more value (The Zegras type). That the asset fails to live up to the standard of what we'd want from the return I'd argue says more about our opinions of Eichel's value than an indication the GM's are only offering that type of asset because they are "worried" about Jack's health outlook. Teams are "only" offering a 3rd overall and not Zegras at this point because they aren't actively trying to get fair value, they are actively trying to tar and feather Adams in the deal as he works against the idea he's operating from a perceived place of weakness. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Refer to @dudacek's reply. My response is the same. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

“At October” is not really a factor, IMO. You are making a 5-year, $50 million commitment, never mind the pieces you are going to give up.

The question is “what are the odds he will make a full recovery”

You don’t make that kind of gamble unless they tell you the percentages are extraordinarily high.

Anthony Sciandra of xBuffalo was on WGR Today and mentioned rumors that teams want an insurance policy in case Eichel doesn’t play a certain number of games. Maybe a conditional pick going to the acquiring team if he plays less than 60 games 

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Anthony Sciandra of xBuffalo was on WGR Today and mentioned rumors that teams want an insurance policy in case Eichel doesn’t play a certain number of games. Maybe a conditional pick going to the acquiring team if he plays less than 60 games 

If that is the case, then Adams should ask for conditional pick(s) if Eichel plays more than 60 games or exceeds a certain point total.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

You tell Anaheim that they can have your 2022 2nd rounder if Eichel plays less than 50 games and if not they get a 2022 5th rounder. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I was toying around and thinking what an Islanders trade would look like figuring Barzal would be off limits.

2022 1st + Mayfield + sorokin + Bailey + holmstrom.

Not really the best offers, that 2022 1st is most likely late -   Mayfield is good RD to replace Risto and Sorokin gives us a goalie.
Bailey is good top 6 and can help out our young centers, 

I picked holmstrom but can add in any other prospect seeing they don't have much I like, maybe push for Wahlstrom here.

Why would they do this?  Jack is injured and he doesn’t fit what they do or how they do it.