The word: t h a t... is there a filter?

LGR4GM

I saw it in my first post and questioned myself.  Then I came across dis thread and glad to have read it.

I certainly was entertained when PA tried to use T.H.E.M. and the subsequent edit.

I needed a good chuckle and I have been given it.

Also then should be added.... dis dat dey dem den da dose dese. 🙂  Absolutely just made reading the forum a treat today.

Edited by LTS
Added some suggested words.
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LTS said:

I saw it in my first post and questioned myself.  Then I came across dis thread and glad to have read it.

I certainly was entertained when PA tried to use T.H.E.M. and the subsequent edit.

I needed a good chuckle and I have been given it.

Also then should be added.... dis dat dey dem den da dose dese. 🙂  Absolutely just made reading the forum a treat today.

Them has not been changed. dat’s too much. dis is a serious place of discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't help but read dis forum now with Marty Biron voice.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Liger was the first guy I saw afflicted by th*s curse, I thought he was just being a weirdo

I thought I was being a weirdo. I re-read my post and was like... huh I don't usually use dat but dis time I must have. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Honestly if dis is something dat was put in the board, I wish it would go away. 

For me, it makes many of the threads/posts harder to read.

I don't talk in slang/accents, and I don't read dat way either.  For those of us dat legit have a problem with it, can it be turned off??

Edited by mjd1001

I don’t like it.  When I was growing up, “dat, der, dis” were used to mock the polish people in Buffalo.  Marty is a great guy.  He is bilingual, the accent cannot be helped.  

You young dudes preaching political correctness need to know dat.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.