Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

I'm listening to Ralph's post-game PC from last night right now.

It all sounds the same as always.  Ralph always has lots to say and all kinds of explanations for what's going wrong.

It is the same after every game.

At what point does Terry Pegula listen to this stuff and say "Wait a minute, this guy is full of *****!"

It's like the lightbulb hasn't lit for him yet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm listening to Ralph's post-game PC from last night right now.

It all sounds the same as always.  Ralph always has lots to say and all kinds of explanations for what's going wrong.

It is the same after every game.

At what point does Terry Pegula listen to this stuff and say "Wait a minute, this guy is full of *****!"

It's like the lightbulb hasn't lit for him yet.

To be clear, in your mind, when Terry wants information about the team he goes and grabs his transistor radio and tunes into WGR and listens to the post-game broadcast?

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

To be clear, in your mind, when Terry wants information about the team he goes and grabs his transistor radio and tunes into WGR and listens to the post-game broadcast?

Don’t forget standing on an overpass holding his radio up high like John Cusak in Say Anything.

GIF by moodman

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, WildCard said:

I never thought I'd say it, but I'd kill for Torts right now

We're in need of a coach but not until the organization above the coach is fixed. Won't happen until the Pegulas are enlightened to the problem is in front of their mirrors and turn things over to people who know their a.. from their elbows. And those people are not in the organization presently. I seriously doubt the owners see themselves as THE problem.

Krueger's latest comments tell me he has absolutely no answer. His positive motivation approach has failed and he doesn't have a plan B. 

I don't actually believe there is any coach that can motivate this bunch, I'd prefer selling off the core but the starting point has to be an experienced hockey coach with a solid work ethic approach as a rock solid foundation and then anyone who doesn't respond or buy into that gets shipped out of town as soon as possible. 

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Krueger's latest comments tell me he has absolutely no answer. His positive motivation approach has failed and he doesn't have a plan B. 

I don't actually believe there is any coach that can motivate this bunch, I'd prefer selling off the core but the starting point has to be an experienced hockey coach with a solid work ethic approach as a rock solid foundation and then anyone who doesn't respond or buy into that gets shipped out of town as soon as possible. 

Along the same lines: You can't motivate professional athletes out of a funk when they know in their hearts, minds, and bones that the team's approach/strategy/system is a failure and that the team is getting sh1t pumped as a result. RaKru sees the funk -- he's just unaware that he's mostly responsible for it. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, inkman said:

Don’t forget standing on an overpass holding his radio up high like John Cusak in Say Anything.

GIF by moodman

This season has been inkman's finest hour of posting. (And there were some damn fine hours back in the day.)

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Along the same lines: You can't motivate professional athletes out of a funk when they know in their hearts, minds, and bones that the team's approach/strategy/system is a failure and that the team is getting sh1t pumped as a result. RaKru sees the funk -- he's just unaware that he's mostly responsible for it. 

There’s a baby and a bath water situation here.

It doesn’t matter if you yell at players or praise players if they are doing the wrong things. Unfortunately, Ralph’s demeanor is being painted as the bad part here.

Anyone who has been in tune with coaching philosophy and this area in the past 10 years knows his approach it’s more or less correct. Yellers and screamers are your father’s coaches. There is a library‘s worth of information on psychology, sports philosophy, maximal performance, etc. to read on the situation. 

Ultimately, you should have both. Coaches should have a modern coaching philosophy, but it Hass to be covered with actually knowing what the hell you’re doing. The latter part is the issue with Ralph. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Listening to Hall talk last night in post game you would think the players are bought in, believe in the coaches and the system and play for each other. 

Begs the question:  

Has the career of losing just installed an auto response in Hall?His answers are crafted with just the right amount of cliches and self depreciation,  acknowledging the teams failures while throwing support behind the coach and his infallible system  🤮

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Coaches should have a modern coaching philosophy, but it Hass to be covered with actually knowing what the hell you’re doing. The latter part is the issue with Ralph. 

Yeah - it's evident that RaKru does not know what the hell he's doing.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Any facts to support this?  Any statements from people who know him?  Anything at all?  Or are you just PO'd about all the losing and lashing out? 

I've never heard a single bad word about him from anyone who knows him.  Just the opposite, in fact.

This is a person we're talking about here.  The default should be that he's a good guy unless it's demonstrated otherwise.

Just going by what I observe.  He has been caught in lies (like about Eichel's injury).  The guy is just full of *****.  I'm not sure why you're defending him.

Your default is that he's a good guy and that's all very noble.  I don't follow the same philosophy.

(and last I checked, following your philosophy is not a rule of this forum)

1 hour ago, SDS said:

It doesn’t matter if you yell at players or praise players if they are doing the wrong things. Unfortunately, Ralph’s demeanor is being painted as the bad part here.

But I think they're doing the right things, according the Ralph.  It's just that Ralph's right things do not lead to success in this league. 

The one guy who didn't do it Ralph's way ended up grounded for three games.

I don't care about his coaching philosophy, I care that his system is utter hogwash.  It doesn't matter if you scream his system at the players or whisper it, it's not going to work because the system sucks and Ralph has no earthly idea how to fix it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Not buying it. Three coaches, three systems, same results. 

This team lacks heart and no coach can teach that. 

Besides how is it the system? This team doesn't go to the net and doesn't defend in front of their net. That's not by design. The system doesn't say stay away from their net and play soft in front of ours. 

• Like (+1) 1

So if RK has the right approach, and KA is angry they don't compete and don't play with any grit... what's the solution?

Which players do you think KA is referring to?   Who lacks grit and compete?   

If I had to pick 1 guy that is softer than baby ***** to play against I'd start with a guy like Sam Reinhart.   

Edited by pi2000

My guess is Krueger survives season but let go then. Only question is do the Pegulas bring in someone to oversee the whole hockey operation. That rumor seems to have gone silent. Not sure it would be easy to find such a person who is qualified and would still want the job.