Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

One period away from a 0-6 run where we have been outscored so far 22-6 and outclassed virtually every period of every game.

Coaches of real NHL teams don’t survive this.

He'll be fired either tomorrow or Wednesday when they get back from Philly

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It has to happen tomorrow, innit?  It’s clear to everyone at this point that the train wreck is not going to magically heal itself?

Do they fly home between games? 

If so, he's gone

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

One period away from a 0-6 run where we have been outscored so far 22-6 and outclassed virtually every period of every game.

Coaches of real NHL teams don’t survive this.

0-7 I believe (actually 0-6-1).  They are 2-11-1 in their last 14 games including today’s loss.  Something to be proud of. 

Nah, they'll keep him for the remainder of the season, after all, there is still more damage to do to the actual Sabres brand, some more to do to some younger players, and of course there is even further damage to to Adams, who apparently, says he's not happy, but not done evaluating yet 😕

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

John Wawrow was on the Tim Graham Podcast this week and mentioned Matt Ellis as a possibility for HC, as they have a close relationship.

Those that can’t do - coach???

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

Those that can’t do - coach???

I would actually be shocked if they had the gall to hire another NHL-inexperienced coach. I actually can't fathom it

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I would actually be shocked if they had the gall to hire another NHL-inexperienced coach. I actually can't fathom it

Why hire a coach at all?  Just insert KA behind the bench to actually see the players up close.  He knows what good players and good hockey look like.  This should help him make better deadline decisions and a better coaching choice in the off-season.  It will also keep KP happy because it further streamlines the organization.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why hire a coach at all?  Just insert KA behind the bench to actually see the players up close.  He knows what good players and good hockey look like.  This should help him make better deadline decisions and a better coaching choice in the off-season.  It will also keep KP happy because it further streamlines the organization.

It would be preferable to hiring Ellis. 

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Good point.  In addition, if the Sabres are going through another re-org, I cannot see T Pegs giving a three year contract to an established HC this year only to see a PoHO change gears this summer.

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It would be preferable to hiring Ellis. 

This things aren't mutually exclusive. Adams basically handles the leadership role while evaluating what he has, Ellis handles the grunt work — practices and systems — so Adams can continue with GM work.

14 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Good point.  In addition, if the Sabres are going through another re-org, I cannot see T Pegs giving a three year contract to an established HC this year only to see a PoHO change gears this summer.

There isn't going to be a PoHO

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

This things aren't mutually exclusive. Adams basically handles the leadership role while evaluating what he has, Ellis handles the grunt work — practices and systems — so Adams can continue with GM work.

Good thinking

If A & E stepped behind the bench as a package deal, I'd be much more confident the "interim" tag on Ellis was truly interim knowing Adams himself surely wouldn't be staying there 

For the record I called for Botterill to step in for Housley 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They just gutted their hockey department and shed salary but you think they are going to drop millions on someone over Adams? 

You can extract a lot of good information from press conferences if you listen… 😂

2 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

And you know this because? 

John Wawrow made a salient point earlier on this - adding the position in itself wouldn't matter if the position isn't given the reign to execute it's vision, if it's hampered in the same way "GM" has been. 

It could therefore only be a positive development through the prism of it signaling the Pegulas are "ready to change". But if they are ready to change, there's no reason the "GM" position can't, with new autonomy, steer the ship. 

Basically it's like, if the Pegulas realize they need it in the sense we think they need it, they don't really need it any more. 

That's not to say it's not better to have some minds the GM can bounce ideas off of, but that could just as easily be assistant GMs, of which we have Zero.