Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Time for Ralph to resign.

Now, when you say that, do you mean it like most posters on here regarding a player and a contract?  🙂

I know you don't.. but others might actually think you want him to have another contract.. 🙂

27 minutes ago, LTS said:

Now, when you say that, do you mean it like most posters on here regarding a player and a contract?  🙂

I know you don't.. but others might actually think you want him to have another contract.. 🙂

re-sign = new contract

resign = voluntarily leaving ones job.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

re-sign = new contract

resign = voluntarily leaving ones job.

Well done.  The confusion those 2 words seem to cause most posters is just incredible.

Over at 2BD, many posters are still confused by the nuances between "their," "there," and "they're."

😂  

I see another said event coming.  Firing RK is going to happen.  The Islanders will take 2 games this weekend.  Ralph will be gone on Monday.  

Most of us had doubts about this most peculiar hiring.  Boterill did some really poor things in his tenure. 

The season is gone.  The Covid restrictions and the compressed schedule will make it hard for someone new.  

Unless they have a veteran coach and a new plan in place, which I doubt, I suspect that someone from within will get the interim coach position and we sleepwalk thru the remaining games.  If they have the next guy lined up, he gets the rest of the season to evaluate his team and jump start next year.  Either way we are sellers at the trade deadline.  

The bigger question is Adams and his limited resources on the hockey Operations side.  How does he attract quality candidates?  

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Well done.  The confusion those 2 words seem to cause most posters is just incredible.

Over at 2BD, many posters are still confused by the nuances between "their," "there," and "they're."

😂  

And let’s not forget the phrase I see used incorrectly here and other places often....

I could care less

I couldn’t care less

😂

“I could care less if RK keeps his job.”

... So you’re telling me there is yet another level of not caring you haven’t reached yet? 😂

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I see another said event coming.  Firing RK is going to happen.  The Islanders will take 2 games this weekend.  Ralph will be gone on Monday.  

Most of us had doubts about this most peculiar hiring.  Boterill did some really poor things in his tenure. 

The season is gone.  The Covid restrictions and the compressed schedule will make it hard for someone new.  

Unless they have a veteran coach and a new plan in place, which I doubt, I suspect that someone from within will get the interim coach position and we sleepwalk thru the remaining games.  If they have the next guy lined up, he gets the rest of the season to evaluate his team and jump start next year.  Either way we are sellers at the trade deadline.  

The bigger question is Adams and his limited resources on the hockey Operations side.  How does he attract quality candidates?  

I think this is all quite possible.  We lose all 3 Islanders games and Ralph is fired on Monday.

Then again, he may survive the season because of MONEY.

We have to see how that plays out.

If he is actually fired, I think it will be a very positive thing, because it means Pegula is still willing to eat Ks and buy his way out of hiring mistakes.

If Ralph is here for the remainder of the season, we'll know he isn't!

I'm fine with an interim solution until the real HC is available and can be brought in.

Hopefully they realize by now the next HC *has* to be a veteran guy who has proven he knows how to do it elsewhere.

Isolate the variables.  If it's not the coach, you know it's something else.

@Kruppstahl

You raise a huge problem with KA's press conference.  If RK is going to be retained for the season because of money, then say it.  Obviously this does nothing to appease the fans, but at least it's honest.  If RK is staying, then implying that you have the power to make coaching changes in season is a flat out lie.

If KA does actually have the authority to fire RK, then he should have already done it.  There is nothing left to evaluate.  This team would have to dominate Trotz's Islanders team this weekend to keep RK in his job and that isn't happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

“Thanks Mike, that’s a good question.”

”Yes, I want to fire Ralph, but Terry and Kim don’t want to spend the money. You’d think with them paying Leino, and Ehrhoff and Hodgson and Skinner and Okposo not to play they’d be used to it, by now (shrugs).”

”What’s that? Yes, I was surprised, but I’ve since discovered the Fired Executives Fund was reduced with COVID, and I kinda overdid things last June. We are still paying out the Lafontaine and Russ Brandon cover-up deals, but the Housley, Botterill, Bylsma and Murray contracts all come off the books over the next two years. I think that if we can get fans back in the building to start next year, we can probably let Ralph go in mid-November.”

”Ted Nolan? No, that ***** isn’t getting a penny. Never has, never will.”

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

My fear with Ralph from the beginning was he was a supposed "motivator" but not a strategist (see Trotz).  We need a coherent and adaptable x and o's guy who can mold these guys into a system to fits who they are. 

Why keep a motivator who isn't motivating?

• Like (+1) 1

Is he still here ? Oh for gawds sake.

maybe keep Ralph around kind of like Betty the powerskating coach. Bring him in occasionally to ‘ motivate ‘. Based on the results he’s clearly good at it.😳

Edited by bunomatic

On 3/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, sodbuster said:

As Jeff sat in the press box high above the ice, two gatorade-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Ralph Krueger.

This is great.  I hope a lot of people got it.

5 Step Plan to Revive Sabres Competency:

Step 1) Fire Krueger.

Step 2) Have an interm HC for the rest of the season.  It could be Don Granato, Seth Appert, or even Kevyn Adams.

Step 3) Between now and the offseason, hire an experienced, successful FO person to oversee the hockey side of the organization.

Step 4) Hire an experienced, successful head coach.

Step 5) Fill out the front office by hiring an Assistant GM or 2, and a couple of analytics scouting people.

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tick tick tick tick...  The hourglass has been flipped and is almost out of sand.  

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

My fear with Ralph from the beginning was he was a supposed "motivator" but not a strategist (see Trotz).  We need a coherent and adaptable x and o's guy who can mold these guys into a system to fits who they are. 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why keep a motivator who isn't motivating?

If the motivation is to get to the bottom of the league standings, he's doing a helluva job.

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tick tick tick tick...  The hourglass has been flipped and is almost out of sand.  

I don't know....it feels like Groundhog's day to me honestly.  This bad nightmare keeps repeating itself over and over and my alarm clock is broken.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think having Adams step in to ride out the season and see the issues first-hand wouldn't be the worst path to take.

Perfect. It's like telling a girl that her boyfriend is a d-bag. She'll just defiantly dig in her heels until she discovers/witnesses it for herself.