Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Offseason News 2020-21 (Non-Sabres Edition)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

 

Two takeaways from this.

1) Is that it for Lundqvist?  Do he call it a career?

2) That probably means that they will not be moving either of their young goalies.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His save % has gotten worse each of the last 6 seasons, and the stats last season were similar to Hutton’s:

31 games .898 and 3.18 for Hutts

30 games .905 and 3.16 for Henrik 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about Buffalo, but I don't think that would be his landing spot.  I think he would stick close to NY is anything and a potential cup contender.  Would the Islanders be calling him?  I think they might.  He'd probably sign a low dollar deal to have a shot at the Cup.  I could picture Boston, but honestly I think the Islanders would be the better spot for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Shootica said:

I can see Hank doing a cheap one year deal with a contender and taking one last run towards a cup.

Replace flower at vgk? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LTS said:

I thought about Buffalo, but I don't think that would be his landing spot.  I think he would stick close to NY is anything and a potential cup contender.  Would the Islanders be calling him?  I think they might.  He'd probably sign a low dollar deal to have a shot at the Cup.  I could picture Boston, but honestly I think the Islanders would be the better spot for him.

 

6 hours ago, Shootica said:

I can see Hank doing a cheap one year deal with a contender and taking one last run towards a cup.

I could see it happening, but it’s not something that he has shown much interest in previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

His save % has gotten worse each of the last 6 seasons, and the stats last season were similar to Hutton’s:

31 games .898 and 3.18 for Hutts

30 games .905 and 3.16 for Henrik 

Ok - but King Henrik is clearly more debonair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the stars align and the Sabres draft Rossi at 8 I have a feeling he could play this year behind Eichel and Staal.  Craig Button stated Lafreniere and Rossi are the two players he sees playing in the NHL next season.

 

The kid would be a great long term line-mate for Skinner. Tremendous playmaker and very good defensively.  Could let Skinner freelance.  Great the face off dot.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Rossi should be put in the NHL now. He's been training for 6 months for the physical part and is already 19. Cozens is only 7 months older. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

Are the Rangers clearing cap space for when they acquire Jack???

Johnson?  Hughes?  Roslovic?  Campbell?  Rathbone?

You'll have to be more specific ...

 

😜

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Leaf Blower said:

Ok - but King Henrik is clearly more debonair.

Maybe, but Hutts is more personable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 8:36 PM, Leaf Blower said:

Ok - but King Henrik is clearly more debonair.

Lundqvist is like the James Bond of hockey when it comes to this.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Lundqvist is like the James Bond of hockey when it comes to this.

He remorphs into a different body every 10 or so years? 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He remorphs into a different body every 10 or so years? 

I think he means the movie version is very different from the literary version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Taro T said:

He remorphs into a different body every 10 or so years? 

It means he's old now, so his confidence gets Shaken, not stirred. 

4 hours ago, rakish said:

I think he means the movie version is very different from the literary version

I think he was referring Bond's suave nature which Lundqvist seems to exude. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...