Offseason News 2020-21 (Non-Sabres Edition)

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

The Buffalo way.

Miss the playoffs.

Tweak the roster and bring in a new third line player.

???

Miss the playoffs.

I won't be happy with the pick, but KA is going to trade down to 10 and take Quinn, picking up Andrew Copp in the process, sign my boy JF to a great value deal, and pick up a capable GT, and we'll all gingerly touch glasses as we toast a Sabres Berth next playoffs.

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Won’t happen. Adams will be a bystander. No major trades for Buffalo. Maybe something minor at best. 

46 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

The Buffalo way.

Miss the playoffs.

Tweak the roster and bring in a new third line player.

???

Miss the playoffs.

I want to see some action, too, but the number of players who will be UFAs this week is staggering.  Don't rule out that path.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I want to see some action, too, but the number of players who will be UFAs this week is staggering.  Don't rule out that path.

Vinnie Hinostroza, Dom Simon, apparently two examples of the types of guys who will suddenly become available for your bottom for six for pennies on the dollar because they won't be qualified.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

It was a joke. However, that move is only useful if there are 3-5 more trades to bolster it. Otherwise it isnt all that different to signing Marcus Johnasson in terms of shake up

I'm sorry what? How is trading for a 50pt 2nd line center with Staal's level of experience the same as trading for a 40pt winger without that level of experience? 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm sorry what? How is trading for a 50pt 2nd line center with Staal's level of experience the same as trading for a 40pt winger without that level of experience? 

Do I think the Sabres make the playoffs with Staal rather than Johnasson this year? No I don't. Therefore it isn't all that different.

Maybe you think Staal is the thing that tips us over the edge, in which case let's agree to disagree.

10 points, C vs W and a similar level of experience isnt the difference to me

1 minute ago, Trettioåtta said:

Do I think the Sabres make the playoffs with Staal rather than Johnasson this year? No I don't. Therefore it isn't all that different.

Maybe you think Staal is the thing that tips us over the edge, in which case let's agree to disagree.

10 points, C vs W and a similar level of experience isnt the difference to me

We definitely make the sham playoffs with Staal, I am certain. 

Whether we'd be sniffing around the actual playoffs would depend on if Staal can have the afffect on Skinner I am hoping for

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We definitely make the sham playoffs with Staal, I am certain. 

Whether we'd be sniffing around the actual playoffs would depend on if Staal can have the afffect on Skinner I am hoping for

I was meaning the final 16 😉

One more game / a few more hours and we probably make the play-in

40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Vinnie Hinostroza, Dom Simon, apparently two examples of the types of guys who will suddenly become available for your bottom for six for pennies on the dollar because they won't be qualified.

I think there are going to be players up and down the second through fourth lines, and plenty of bottom-four defensemen.  

10 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Back to the Domi/ Anderson trade...

I believe Montreal identified a player they wanted and didn't mind over paying to get him.  Montreal has been very aggressive this off season and looking to make improvements right away.

They drank the Kool-Aid Blue Milk that they're really able to compete as a playoff team next season because they made a 24-team field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.