GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

i like kruegar since his first press conference. i really liked what he had to say. this team looks like a completely different team. 

i hope this continues, but they looked like a completely dominant team

• Like (+1) 2

I had a meeting that run through most of the second and third period (yeah really).

I had the game on the 2nd screen.

The team executed many of the things they started in the pre-season.  It'd take me awhile to write up the nuances but in short, they are much more up tempo.  They are contesting pucks at a higher rate.  They have increased their puck support on the ice. They also are using that open space to drive play.  It's okay to chip it to space if you are committed to winning the battle to that space.

And.. confidence.

I need to get back to my bourbon.

• Like (+1) 3

During the WGR pregame they interviewed Jack and he talked about just trying to play his game and have some fun and try not to put all the pressure on himself, and what I saw tonight was exactly that.

There's a fine line between being responsible for your own game by giving a good individual effort, and trying to do too much. I think a lot of guys these last few years have tried too hard to do too much on their own when what they needed to be doing was trying to do their jobs within reasonable bounds and trusting their teammates to do theirs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, millbank said:

Got like where the goals came from tonight . Jacks line held Sid in check young guys did their jobs 

Just now, #freejame said:

We’re a top 6 RW away from a solid squad

Yup. Often times Jack won't be facing such stiff competition, but even when he is, I really liked how the majority of the other lines took the game to the Pens. Once we get Skinner going, I think it should work really well. 

1 minute ago, LTS said:

I forgot to add that next weekend I will be in Pittsburgh for my son's hockey tournament.  Gonna need that new 50th sweater to wear around town ?

Let me know if you want some tips on Beer and or food places to go..

Johanson looked really good. Joker had numerous transition passes. Olofsson has an all around game, he can really pass. The depth on D stood out. Mitts/Sheary/Vesey can be exciting. Dahlin is sick. And the fourth line all played well, and well together. Really different look. A lot more confidence. Hutton held it together.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1