GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Two hours north maybe?

lol OK. What do you want?

'lol' what? 

How is it about what I want? It's the rules in the NHL rulebook as far as I know. Players deflect the puck intentionally all the time on a delayed call and the whistle doesn't get blown. 

You have to possess the puck for the whistle to go. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Sobotka is much better than any game last year. But he’s been our worst forward too. 

Do not agree with the bolded.  Vlad has made me glad to watch this game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

'lol' what? 

How is it about what I want? It's the rules in the NHL rulebook as far as I know. Players deflect the puck intentionally all the time on a delayed call and the whistle doesn't get blown. 

Control is the act of propelling the puck. I don't know how anyone could argue Reinhart didn't propel that puck.

He has been much improved no doubt. I still think he’s the weakest link and Rodrigues should get his nod soon. Okposo isn’t far behind losing his spot either. 

Don't know, Okposo seems to work well on that 4th line.   They have some nice chemistry.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Control is the act of propelling the puck. I don't know how anyone could argue Reinhart didn't propel that puck.

He didn't propel it, he deflected it. That's why the ref looking at it didn't call it. But whatever, you are right, I'm wrong.

If the only thing Kreuger does is stop them from running around in their own end, turning the puck over as if they meant to right in front of their net and helps them to not be clueless as to opposing players standing wide open near the net with nobody around them, they can win an extra 5 games easily this year.

• Like (+1) 1

He has been much improved no doubt. I still think he’s the weakest link and Rodrigues should get his nod soon. Okposo isn’t far behind losing his spot either. 

I'd say Z or KO were worse, both for squandering chances.  But the word "worst" with the Sabres implies something that I don't think applies to any player in this game tonight.  Less or least effective, maybe, is more fair.  Not one of these guys really dropped the ball in this game...so far.

• Like (+1) 3