GDT: Bruins at Sabres. Oct 4 7PM

spndnchz

image.png.dd63fa920a291f9f5cca4647a908e9d4.png  VS  image.thumb.png.bf1c63f7853a077c586dd2e49036d7ea.png

Game Previews
http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044324

https://buffalonews.com/2018/10/03/sabres-lines-and-defense-pairs-set-for-opener/

I haven't been this pumped up for a season opener since Eichel's rookie year. Boston was blasted last night by the Washington Caps so I'm expecting them to come out on fire. Phil better have the boys ready. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

Edited by jsb

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

For reasons I do not understand, I cannot post in Flagg’s First Goal thread, so here ...

Dahlin, first shift, joining Gare, Mogilny and .....  Rob Ray!  Historians, check my math.

Ray probably thought "Damn this is so easy!"...then went on to only score 40 more in 899 other games haha.

20 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Ray probably thought "Damn this is so easy!"...then went on to only score 40 more in 899 other games haha.

Ray would have gone on to be one of the most prolific goal scorers in NHL history.  Unfortunately in his second game his overconfidence got the better of him and he ended up in a fight.  During the fight he received a blow that changed that course of history. After a particularly strong punch to the right frontal lobe, Ray believed the goal was situated to the side of the scorer's area.

He would continue to "score" often.

Yes, I'm in a strange mood.  Yes, it's because hockey started last night and the Sabres begin tonight.

It's time. Here come the Buffalo Sabres.

• Haha (+1) 2

Projected lineup based off of the last practice, not the cancelled one but the one where Jack become Captain Jack.

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
Sheary-Berglund-Thompson
Sobotka-Mittelstadt-Okposo
Girgensons-Rodrigues-Pominville

- Remi Elie, extra

Ristolainen-Scandella
McCabe-Dahlin
Beaulieu-Nelson

- Tennyson, extra

Hutton

Ullmark

Just read an article in the Athletic that basically building the lines the way Phil has with a super line is bad. Reinhart should be with Mitts as Skinner and Eichel will still produce at a high level with or without Reinhart. 

Stimson's thoughts:

"Sheary – Eichel – Pominville

Skinner – Mittlestadt – Reinhart

Rodrigues – Berglund – Okposo

Elie – Sobotka- Thompson

Casey Mittlestadt needs someone like Reinhart on his line to help drive play. Skinner and Eichel on separate lines maintains two strong goal-scorers in the top six. The added dimension of that second line enables Berglund to play on a decent third line. Berglund is an impact player and Rodrigues showed scoring potential last season. With Pominville, Reinhart, and Berglund all on separate lines, you have arguably the three best play drivers on the team on the ice as much as possible. That creates extra possessions in the offensive zone and allows the scorers on the team that can’t drive play to that extent to flourish."

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just read an article in the Athletic that basically building the lines the way Phil has with a super line is bad. Reinhart should be with Mitts as Skinner and Eichel will still produce at a high level with or without Reinhart. 

Stimson's thoughts:

"Sheary – Eichel – Pominville

Skinner – Mittlestadt – Reinhart

Rodrigues – Berglund – Okposo

Elie – Sobotka- Thompson

Casey Mittlestadt needs someone like Reinhart on his line to help drive play. Skinner and Eichel on separate lines maintains two strong goal-scorers in the top six. The added dimension of that second line enables Berglund to play on a decent third line. Berglund is an impact player and Rodrigues showed scoring potential last season. With Pominville, Reinhart, and Berglund all on separate lines, you have arguably the three best play drivers on the team on the ice as much as possible. That creates extra possessions in the offensive zone and allows the scorers on the team that can’t drive play to that extent to flourish."

Housley is screwing up the lines? Color me shocked. This is the one time I didn't need the athletic to tell me something. No sht putting all your top talent on one line is bad 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Housley is screwing up the lines? Color me shocked. This is the one time I didn't need the athletic to tell me something. No sht putting all your top talent on one line is bad 

C'mon, it worked for the Bruins last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.