Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

6 hours ago, Skurk Liger said:

"Lehner, great fit to Lou's reshaping the islanders"... this is hilarious and delusional.

https://www.msgnetworks.com/2018/07/05/lehner-a-great-fit-to-lous-re-shaping-of-isles/

He is, I'm sure they are all in kn trying for Hughes so who better then the guy who couldn't make a save in a shootout and has lead a tank job before?

Tampa has...

a 100 point winger
Steven Stamkos centering
a rookie 64 point center with elite defensive metrics
supporting wingers such as Killorn, Palat, JT Miller and C/W Johnson
other productive ELC players like Gourde 
A Norris winner, a top 5 defensive D, Ryan McDonagh, Mikhail Sergachev
A vezina-caliber goalie 

This is after trading homegrown talents for some of those assets, and they're maybe about to add the best defenseman of a generation in Karlsson.

Talk about a franchise knowing how to develop more talent than they know what to do with. It's absolutely remarkable. 

I'd be interested to read more about GAR, I'm not sure how well it does what it claims. 

But all that tells me is we need to add more forward talent just to get back even with the worst expected-goals team in the league last year, us. 

No pressure Casey! 

Also I'd be interested in seeing Hutton's stat in a season that didn't significantly out perform all others he's had.

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd be interested to read more about GAR, I'm not sure how well it does what it claims. 

But all that tells me is we need to add more forward talent just to get back even with the worst expected-goals team in the league last year, us. 

No pressure Casey! 

Also I'd be interested in seeing Hutton's stat in a season that didn't significantly out perform all others he's had.

My take is it's just a value chart... eg, Hutton's contract is high value... low cost for the amount of production.     But it doesn't mean BUF got better as a team.... just that they have better "value" contracts.    Which I guess is nice.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sure is. I imagine it is the “other” tragic Ottawa story hockey people were hinting of during the Hoffman furor?

i hope, for the community’s sake there isn’t more.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Christ that's awful. The one thing the article didn't address much is the fact that I'd imagine Jamie Thompson is likely been scarred mentally from the event as well. To inadvertently cause the near death of a friend can't be easy to get over either.

Ottawa  their team at least seems to have a real menacing aura hanging over them.