Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

I spoke briefly with ROR tonight. He said anything is possible when asked if he thinks he'll still be a Sabre come this weekend.

But, fwiw, he did look awfully disheveled.. but he kinda always looks that way.

I spoke briefly with ROR tonight. He said anything is possible when asked if he thinks he'll still be a Sabre come this weekend.

But, fwiw, he did look awfully disheveled.. but he kinda always looks that way.

Where were you that you had a chance to speak with him? Edited by WildCard

From an apparently legitimate Flyers blogger:

The #Flyers & #Sabres trade rumors go all the way back to the deadline. I reported they were working on something big at the deadline. Deals like these take time. O'Reilly is a name thats been rumored to be on the Flyers radar since January #FlyersTalk #LetsGoFlyers #EarnTomorrow

Speed is the flavour of the month. It’s useful and it’s important, but it’s just one weapon of many.

Evander Kane is much faster at carrying or chasing the puck than ROR or Freeman’s other favourite turtle, Reinhart.

But the turtles are much faster at getting the puck or themselves to where they need to go because they are much more efficient at processing the game than Kane will ever be.

It’s not how fast you skate, it’s how fast you play.

Thank you. How many players have we all seen who can fly with speed not knowing where to go.

I don’t think ROR gets discussed as a bit slow for no good reason.

There were innumerable instances last year where he just looked like he was behind the play - especially 5v5.

OTOH, I am confident that he’ll work his ass off this offseason and concentrate on improving his speed. He’ll look quicker this coming season.

There were innumerable instances last year where he just looked like he was behind the play - especially 5v5.

OTOH, I am confident that he’ll work his ass off this offseason and concentrate on improving his speed. He’ll look quicker this coming season.

Idk, the Flyers are a decently fast team. 

He only looked slow when the team was done at the end of the season. He didnt during winter classic. He is bull down low. No he isnt fast, but he works all game... at the end of the season he had a bunch of wtf am doing here moments, as he said I lost my mojo to paraphrase. I wouldnt trade him him unless its for a lot. And actually like the tension between him and Jack. Keeps Jack on his toes and pushed him to grow up. Also ROR has chemistry with Sam and finally Sam looks like he finding his game. Sabres just need guys who can play with Jack and Jack needs to learn to play at John Tavares level of intensity. Here is hoping Dhalin is as intense as JT and pushes Jack too. Jack is too affable on the ice and then petulant when things dont ggo his way. Hes improving at it but his intensity consistently needs to still get to his skill level, not in short butsts. Wed be calling him a lazy Russian if he was from there. Edited by North Buffalo

I’m torn on what to do with Hamilton’s inside scoop on the tension arising from O’Reilly’s resentment of Eichel.

I’ve sworn off Hamilton in the recent past.

But I heard his take, and it had the ring of truth to it.

So in other words, you never believe Hamilton except for those times where you do believe him? ;)

Speed is the flavour of the month. It’s useful and it’s important, but it’s just one weapon of many.

Evander Kane is much faster at carrying or chasing the puck than ROR or Freeman’s other favourite turtle, Reinhart.

But the turtles are much faster at getting the puck or themselves to where they need to go because they are much more efficient at processing the game than Kane will ever be.

It’s not how fast you skate, it’s how fast you play.

Amen

From an apparently legitimate Flyers blogger:

The #Flyers & #Sabres trade rumors go all the way back to the deadline. I reported they were working on something big at the deadline. Deals like these take time. O'Reilly is a name thats been rumored to be on the Flyers radar since January #FlyersTalk #LetsGoFlyers #EarnTomorrow

It tickles me now seeing how carefully these are worded.

He only looked slow when the team was done at the end of the season. He didnt during winter classic. He is bull down low. No he isnt fast, but he works all game... at the end of the season he had a bunch of wtf am doing here moments, as he said I lost my mojo to paraphrase. I wouldnt trade him him unless its for a lot. And actually like the tension between him and Jack. Keeps Jack on his toes and pushed him to grow up. Also ROR has chemistry with Sam and finally Sam looks like he finding his game. Sabres just need guys who can play with Jack and Jack needs to learn to play at John Tavares level of intensity. Here is hoping Dhalin is as intense as JT and pushes Jack too. Jack is too affable on the ice and then petulant when things dont ggo his way. Hes improving at it but his intensity consistently needs to still get to his skill level, not in short butsts. Wed be calling him a lazy Russian if he was from there.

I'm not sure about Jack the lazy Russian, but I like this take.

There's a weird group think arising around here and elsewhere that ROR needs must be traded.

So in other words, you never believe Hamilton except for those times where you do believe him? ;)

Haha - well, I am tempted to credit him here.

Dreger from a radio spot this AM

Then with Rasmus Dahlin set to be the first player taken when the draft begins Friday and Andrei Svechnikov seemingly destined for the Carolina Hurricanes next, the Canadiens’ No. 3 pick is seen as where the draft really begins.

“Yeah, and assuming that Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens hold onto that pick… it feels like they have to go with a center, don’t they?” pondered Darren Dreger during a Thursday morning radio hit on Montreal’s TSN 690. “And that Kotkaniemi seems to be at least in debate for being the top center available. That might be a stretch higher than most teams would be comfortable taking him, but not really. And again, it’s based on need.

“Now, you can’t expect that player to step into the National Hockey League and be a first or a second-line center immediately for the Montreal Canadiens. So he doesn’t soothe all of the woes up the middle of the ice in Montreal. But you still have to develop and draft depth in that position because it’s a position of need, of significant need, in Montreal.

“So I think it’s going to be interesting to see how things unfold in the next couple of days here in respect to how Bergevin manages the picks that he has.

“Pierre LeBrun and I did a segment on SportsCentre yesterday where we talked about the possibilities, and we know that Bergevin and Jason Botterill of the Buffalo Sabres are in trade discussions for Ryan O’Reilly. You can assume that Buffalo is shooting for the moon and asking for the third pick overall, which is too steep a price for me – but I can appreciate why Botterill would ask for it.

“But when i look at the collection of second-round picks, that’s where it gets interesting. I can tell you there are people around Dallas who think that Max Pacioretty is likely going to be traded. I don’t know that to be true. We’ve speculated on the future of Max Pacioretty for how long now – a couple, three seasons. But is there a way to package a collection of picks, maybe an asset beyond Pacioretty, that closes that deal on Ryan O’Reilly.

“Because when I look at the potential of available centers – veteran players, players that can step up into your lineup under contract – I don’t see it. There aren’t that many. And I wouldn’t call Ryan O’Reilly a No. 1 center in the National Hockey League, but he’s at least a No. 2 and in Montreal he could be a No. 1.”

The Canadiens have four second-round picks (35, 38, 56, 62) this weekend, which could certainly become prime trade assets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.