Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

I swear, if O'Reilly ends up being traded for draft picks, I'm going to wiggle my willy at Botterill the next time I see him.

Make sure someone records this for us :D

Are the Sabs at a point where they have a glut of reliable NHL defensemen?  I'm not sure they are, and I wouldn't move McCabe for a draft pick if not.

Depends if we can get a you RHD with that pick.   I probably wouldn't mind it with Pilut and Guhle , already got Dhalin - Scandella in our top4.

He'll sign a Ufa goalie I think

Please, no more Russians, especially not at goalie!  :-)

Ufa (Russian: Уфа́...) is the capital city of the Republic of Bashkortostan, Russia, and the industrial, economic, scientific and cultural center of the republic. As of the 2010 Census, its population was 1,062,319,[9] making it the eleventh most populous city in Russia.

But seriously, why doesn't JBot just say to Toronto, "Trade me Garrett Sparks for a 7th, or I'll just make a waiver claim in the Fall since we're 31st."?

Whoohoo!  31st has its advantages you know.

Edited by etiennep99

Per John Shannon

Peter Chiarelli says he’s prepared to move the 10th pick for a quality defenceman. Has had “some” discussion. Admits it’s not that easy.

Jake McCabe is a quality D Man..

In Chiarelli's eyes Bogosian is a quality defenseman

Are the Sabs at a point where they have a glut of reliable NHL defensemen? I'm not sure they are, and I wouldn't move McCabe for a draft pick if not.

For 10th Overall, McCabe, Bogosian maybe even Scandella would be on the table. Although I would be quite hesitant with Scandella being moved.

Make sure someone records this for us :D

Depends if we can get a you RHD with that pick.   I probably wouldn't mind it with Pilut and Guhle , already got Dhalin - Scandella in our top4.

They're not going to get an NHL-ready defenseman with that pick.  My theme here is that I want the team to start winning now.

I see value in the argument that finishing 31st is better than finishing 20th or something, I really do.  And I do not think that it points to a "culture of losing."

But what I want is for them to start building a culture of winning.  I want them to make a playoff push this year, even if they don't make it.  And that means I am very, very wary of them trading roster players for draft picks.

They're not going to get an NHL-ready defenseman with that pick.  My theme here is that I want the team to start winning now.

I see value in the argument that finishing 31st is better than finishing 20th or something, I really do.  And I do not think that it points to a "culture of losing."

But what I want is for them to start building a culture of winning.  I want them to make a playoff push this year, even if they don't make it.  And that means I am very, very wary of them trading roster players for draft picks.

Novel concept for Buffalo but I agree. Trading O'Reilly would be a mistake.

When Bogo is playing he is.  Problem is he is mostly injured, or recovering from injury.

And because of that Id make the trade. Risto, MCCabe, Dahlin, Scandella, Ghule or Pilut and Nelson is an ok 7 Borgen developing and a few others in Rochester also that kid we just signed rights to. If Bogo gets Sabres 10 make it so.

For 10th Overall, McCabe, Bogosian maybe even Scandella would be on the table. Although I would be quite hesitant with Scandella being moved.

Scandella's contract is coming up, sell him now if you feel his value is at its peak  Sabres would definitely be trading from an area of strengh LHD.

Novel concept for Buffalo but I agree. Trading O'Reilly would be a mistake.

I thought so too but then read a story about how important TJ Oshie's positive attitude was for the Capitals and how important his team mates thought it was to bring him back.

O'Reilly's doom and gloom attitude has to go, its unfortunate because he is a very good player of hockey.

what needs to be added to the Pacioretty trade for ROR for you to be interested? assuming its not the #3 pick

Scandella's contract is coming up, sell him now if you feel his value is at its peak  Sabres would definitely be trading from an area of strengh LHD.

I thought so too but then read a story about how important TJ Oshie's positive attitude was for the Capitals and how important his team mates thought it was to bring him back.

O'Reilly's doom and gloom attitude has to go, its unfortunate because he is a very good player of hockey.

what needs to be added to the Pacioretty trade for ROR for you to be interested? assuming its not the #3 pick

Scandella is our best LHD by far though. The rest of the LHD are a bunch of maybes and question marks except for Dahlin, who might not even play the left side. No chance I'd move Scandella for #10. I doubt the Oilers would be willing to do it either. Their left side is much stronger than their right side.

Edited by Alkoholist

Scandella's contract is coming up, sell him now if you feel his value is at its peak Sabres would definitely be trading from an area of strengh LHD.

They have nothing outside of Gallagher, Paciortetty and #3 that I want. They basically aren't getting ROR without #3

Did you think this before? Because we have nothing new, except more details about the teams calling since the season ended, including the fact that one of them is Minnesota.

More smoke, more fire. Yeah we had that teams were calling, and now we know which ones. Makes it more definitive IMO

More smoke, more fire. Yeah we had that teams were calling, and now we know which ones. Makes it more definitive IMO

I don't see how it functionally changes the likelihood of anything. Especially with several big names talking today about how the cards are in Bott's hands, how he doesn't have to move ROR now or ever, etc.

I don't see how it functionally changes the likelihood of anything. Especially with several big names talking today about how the cards are in Bott's hands, how he doesn't have to move ROR now or ever, etc.

I'll make sure to quote this when he gets traded  :nana:

It's not a science man, it's just a feel. Like I said, the more stuff that comes out about it, the more I feel like he's going to move. End of the day it's all speculation and fun, you're never going to pin it down

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.